NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Other Companies - Alternatives Thread: Try www.i-EPAY.com for online payment... i like them -- Page 3 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Try www.i-EPAY.com for online payment... i like them
<i-EPAY.com>
Not Registered

Try www.i-EPAY.com for online payment... i like them
Sent: 04-20-2004 20:34

The site was down temporarily, but it is back up now.

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

PPbitesASS
Active User

Sent: 04-20-2004 16:34

<i-EPAY.com>,

is i-epay.com down? I'm getting an error saying there is no website configured at the address anymore.

What is going on here?

<i-EPAY.com>
Not Registered

Sent: 04-19-2004 13:45

PaypalSucks,
As has been expressed many times on this forum, the quotes were there orriginally, however I removed them as soon as I was made aware of their lack of authenticity. We opperate 100% scam free, as everyone reading this post is well aware of since there have been NO complaints about our service by actual users - we do our best to try and run the best internet payment service on the internet.

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 04-18-2004 14:58

Quote:
KewlKat007,
A contact e-mail address, live chat button, and phone number have recently been posted on the main page; this should make it easier for users and prospective users to contact us if needed. We would love to preview ensim, and considerswitching if it really is as great as you say (if there is a demo availiable contact iepay@i-epay.com).

Hold on a second.... On the "ensim great as you say.." thing: Ensim does have a better way with the SSL issue, however, they have several other negative aspects. I've used both Cpanel and Ensim and while the SSL issue is important, I'd still recommend Cpanel over Ensim for 99% of the people considering such a decision. Cpanel is a monthly fee ($20-30 depending on where you get it) with free support that's been pretty darn good. Ensim is a 1 time large dollar drop with free support only for 30 days. After that, it's $50/ticket unless you buy a contract for several hundred $. The unofficial support forums at cpanel are generally very good and very active. The unofficial support forums at ensim are populated by less than friendly people and the forums are not nearly as active (probaby why). And 99% of the time, you end up taking out a $50 ticket to get the problem resolved.

UPDATED: I just checked Cpanel 9, and it too has very good SSL support. You can generate a free trial cert with the click of a button, or order a real one directly from the WHM control panel.

Use the contact form if you want to talk more about this, as I don't want to ruin the thread.

<i-EPAY.com>
Not Registered

Sent: 04-18-2004 14:49

KewlKat007,
A contact e-mail address, live chat button, and phone number have recently been posted on the main page; this should make it easier for users and prospective users to contact us if needed. We would love to preview ensim, and considerswitching if it really is as great as you say (if there is a demo availiable contact iepay@i-epay.com).

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 04-18-2004 14:33

KewlKat007,

As far as I'm concerned, it's a scam. No reputable company would post fake reviews/quotes from other sites extolling the virtures of a service that was just a few weeks old.

KewlKat007
New User

Sent: 04-18-2004 11:50

PaypalSucks,

I have still not seen any additions to the site for any mailing/contact information. On the contact page is still a form to fill out.

As for the SSL, I do agree with the admin here that knowledge of SSL is crucial when managing and operating a business of this type. The only thing I can vouch for on i-pay.com's side is the inability to create a CSR.

Unforunately, cPanel 8.0 or any cPanel versions I know of do not allow any operations with SSL. I have looked in to ensim, which the paypalsucks.com admin mentioned to me. I logged in to an ensim demo panel. All I can say it it is awesome. With ensim, you have full control over your SSL features (creating a CSR, installing an SSL certificate, etc).

To date, not much has changed on i-epay.com. If I were i-epay.com and I had not received my CSR by now, I'd be changing hosts. I mean heck, their host is the guy that used to own i-epay.com.

All that guy is (the previous owner of i-epay.com) is a reseller. He resells scripts, resells hosting space, etc. I'd suggest they get a real host where if they have problems, they can get a decent response via e-mail or phone. You have to realize, this is not just some mom and pop shop you are running, this is a business which should have much stability.

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 04-09-2004 01:51

Quote:
The service does work, and as I am sure everyone reading the post realizes, there have been no complaints about the service by users of the service - likewise we have recieved none such complaints either. And in response to Algernon's plot to steal money this would not work because we allow only one signup per-IP address / e-mail address and therefore it would take numerous days if not months to pull of something of this nature AND we do require an on-file valid credit card or bank account to make withdrawals. I have personally contacted "KewlKat007," and the site has been changed in many ways - many of the discrepencies and issues listed earlier in the forum have been fixed. We soon will be adding our phone number and mailing address to the site, however we presently are unequipt to deal with correspondence other than that done via e-mail. As far as SSL certificates go, our webhost has yet to generate a CSR for us (we are on cPannel X 8), and we are unable to do it ourselves (if anyone reading this knows how to do this other than through our webhost contact iepay@i-epay.com), however all actual transactions do go over third parties secure servers - we are still working to get an SSL Certificate up.
Any "person/company" that is running a payment processing system that can't order their own SSL cert and install it, is NOT someone people want to give their credit card information to. I have no idea as to your intentions, but the facts are, you don't have the experience to even attempt something like this.

Any person/company that solicits "help" to generate and install an SSL cert via these forums is just asking for it. You won't last 15 minutes. The hackers and scammers will eat you alive. Every person who has opened an account at your site will have their accounts cleaned out and identities stolen and sold on the net. Never before has the term "clueless" been more accurate.

KewlKat007
New User

Sent: 04-09-2004 00:27

<i-EPAY.com>,

It is true that he has been in contact with me. We have corresponded via e-mail. As for changes in the site, I check sites/businesses I report, on a daily basis. Any changes/fixes, I update the report.

The system I use is simple. I write a review about a company/website. If a company/website fixes the problem(s), then I update what was fixed. I do not remove reports when a company/website fixes what was wrong. If a company/website feels strongly about what I say, they have a right to post their thoughts in the Rebuttal forum on my website. I feel that in order to be fair to consumers, a consumer should know if a company/website has had issues in the past. That is my reasoning for using the system that I use.

<i-EPAY.com>
Not Registered

Sent: 04-08-2004 14:39

The service does work, and as I am sure everyone reading the post realizes, there have been no complaints about the service by users of the service - likewise we have recieved none such complaints either. And in response to Algernon's plot to steal money this would not work because we allow only one signup per-IP address / e-mail address and therefore it would take numerous days if not months to pull of something of this nature AND we do require an on-file valid credit card or bank account to make withdrawals. I have personally contacted "KewlKat007," and the site has been changed in many ways - many of the discrepencies and issues listed earlier in the forum have been fixed. We soon will be adding our phone number and mailing address to the site, however we presently are unequipt to deal with correspondence other than that done via e-mail. As far as SSL certificates go, our webhost has yet to generate a CSR for us (we are on cPannel X 8), and we are unable to do it ourselves (if anyone reading this knows how to do this other than through our webhost contact iepay@i-epay.com), however all actual transactions do go over third parties secure servers - we are still working to get an SSL Certificate up.

Algernon
Big BOSS

Sent: 04-07-2004 20:55

Quote:
Placebo is a powerful thing. So yes I would as long as it works
In that case you should use i-epay.com. You've heard the owner tell you it's fine and the discrepancies don't seem to bother you.

As long as we're talking about discrepancies you should use them to your advantage. You can get $5.00 for signing up on i-ePay.com without the use of a bank account or credit card, all you need is email addresses. What you should do is create 200 accounts (about 1 hour's work) and then send the $5.00 from 199 accounts to the first account you created. You've now got $1,000.00 to withdraw. Since i-Epay.com doesn't require a credit card or bank account to send money that discrepancy can be very profitable.

On the other hand you might give pause and ask yourself how could a serious online payment service leave such a gapping loophole to be fleeced.

"Admin Disclaimer: This User spends most of his time here relentlessly defending PayPal."

PPbitesASS
Active User

Sent: 04-07-2004 19:35

Algernon,

Placebo is a powerful thing. So yes I would as long as it works

Algernon
Big BOSS

Sent: 04-07-2004 11:24

Quote:
Personally, I don't care about i-epay.com's discrepancies as long as provide the service they claim they offer.
If I offered you a medicine that would make you smarter and the analysis of the medicine showed it was water and sugar you'd still be purchasing that medicine as long as a few posts on a message board gave it their approval?

Since you don't care about the discrepancies as long as it works I suppose you'd have to buy a bottle of smart pill and find out the hard way.

"Admin Disclaimer: This User spends most of his time here relentlessly defending PayPal."

PPbitesASS
Active User

Sent: 04-07-2004 02:23

KewlKat007,

I read your thorough report. Personally, I don't care about i-epay.com's discrepancies as long as provide the service they claim they offer.

All I want is an alternative to PayPal. Why is a decent payment processor so hard to find? PayPalSucks.

KewlKat007
New User

Sent: 04-06-2004 08:36

Over time there has been much information posted about this particular company (i-epay.com). I have finally completely my investigative report. I have compiled all of the data from my investigation as well as how I obtained my information.

You can review the report on my website at:

http://www.knownothing.net/reports/iepay.html

Prev  1 - 15   16 - 30  31 - 45  46 - 60   61 - 75  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 3 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 0.955 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing