NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: \ -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: \
<Iceman>
Not Registered

\
Sent: 02-25-2005 12:35

<Rick>,
Got the same one myself a lot of times, reported it numerous times to eby and PP.
someone trying to steal all your money

Be sure Brain is engaged, before putting mouth in gear :)

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

<Rick>
Not Registered

\
Sent: 10-03-2004 16:46

Got this e-mail three times in three days. I don\'t even have a PayPal account. (removed my e-mail address for the spambots.) I found this site while trying to report it to PayPal. Thanks for the heads up!!

------------

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: MY EMAIL
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:55:30 -0500
Subject: Fraud Prevention Measures
Message-ID: <E1CEEKe-0006a5-3e@ns1.ihostingdirect.com>
Reply-To: service@payjal.com
Received: from mx01.nyc.untd.com (mx01.nyc.untd.com [10.140.24.61])
by maildeliver09.lax.untd.com with SMTP id AABAYA7MUAE9NVZJ
for <MY EMAIL> (sender <nobody@ns1.ihostingdirect.com>);
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:56:02 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from ns1.ihostingdirect.com ([205.209.169.210])
by mx01.nyc.untd.com with SMTP id AABAYA7MTAUM6Y42
for <MY EMAIL> (sender <nobody@ns1.ihostingdirect.com>);
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:56:01 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from nobody by ns1.ihostingdirect.com with local (Exim 4.42)
id 1CEEKe-0006a5-3e
for MY EMAIL; Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:55:30 -0500
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-MAIL-INFO: 09476e4e23ce679fb32b03834e7f833e471f1a022efb3a4eba2b33ef8aba5e935b1e5b4f8b174f8e8b1e6e9e5fdb977ebb9a2a2793ebce0acee7fe7fe72ffe0abf6f8e4f9a8eea4a6b03735f1e4e6aea1e436b9e6ee37f9e5f1ba37fbf7e07379f339f2abe7ef7aa2a7bbfb3fba7abbf3763fada4ade4acbca63735bf74ff3736b5b6b178b4f1e0b173707be1e77af97aecaaf134af7ca
X-ContentStamp: 8:4:3997954978
Return-Path: <nobody@ns1.ihostingdirect.com>
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - ns1.ihostingdirect.com
Message-ID: <E1CEEKe-0006a5-3e@ns1.ihostingdirect.com>

Dear PayPal User,

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your PayPal account may
have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security
of your account and of the PayPal network is our primary concern.
Therefore, as a prevention measure, we have temporarely limited access to
sensitive PayPal account features.
Please click on the link below to confirm your information:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

For more information about how to protect your account, please visit
PayPal\'s Security Center, accessible via the \"Security Center\" link located
at the bottom of each page of the PayPal website.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your
assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire PayPal
system. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address
cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal
account and choose the \"Help\" link in the footer of any page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML,
update your preferences here.

PayPal Email ID PP468

<John Jerro>
Not Registered

"PayPal isn't helping," he said.
Sent: 07-05-2004 11:16

Having a very difficult time attempting to reach and re-instate a wrongful halt of my paypal account. They make you go through hell to re-establish your account and even pay for items which you initally claimed were fraudulently charged in order to re-instate. Your e-mail messages are not answered or not really a response if you get one at all. After you reply they tell you no one has read it and to contact another site. VERY FRUSTRATING at the least. I have outstanding parties to pay and they are international. I will not be delinquent and have negative feedback of payment is not sent timely. They are NOT HELPFUL at all. I am ready to quit using them totally. I it too bad since I have excellent credit and would have been a very good customer. John

EarlCamembert
Active User

Sent: 06-30-2004 15:50

<Samantha>, next time send an empty box but get proof of mailing. Then PayPal will not help the buyer.

<Samantha>
Not Registered

Sent: 06-29-2004 23:58

boatparty, then tell me why paypal refunded a buyer her money, even tho she still received her goods, and they wont do anything about it, all they keep saying is that i had no proof of posting, but i did,the buyer now has her goods and a refund too, and paypal wont answer me,how would you feel?

pabby
New User

Sent: 05-14-2004 17:15

dugweb,

Please read my situation that I wrote about PayPal. It is similiar to yours. I am going to have to close my checking account and open another one, as there is no other way to stop PayPal from continually overdrafting my account with bogus charges. I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and you need to do the same. This is an important step to take. The Federal Trade Commission told me that if enough people file complaints about PayPal, they will investigate them, and we could get reimbursed. This would also be a wake-up call to PayPal that they must stop processing unauthorized and/or cancelled (such as in my case) transactions from people's bank accounts. This is an unfair business practice and is against the law.

EarlCamembert
Active User

Sent: 05-02-2004 17:25

<gareth>, people that have nothing intelligent to contribute will criticize spelling and punctuation.

<gareth>
Not Registered

Sent: 05-02-2004 15:17

EarlCamembert, the irony of you spellin intelligent wrong :)

<Stu>
Not Registered

Sent: 04-28-2004 08:29

I've had a verified UK Paypal account for several months, but until now haven't used it. I tried to use it today for the first time. The site refused to let me send money for the purchase from a credit card that has passed their rigorous validation process.

I sent some emails, but received stock replies that didn't answer my questions.

So I phoned, and talked to a friendly Irish lass from Paypal support. She was no help at all and said that "the system" had locked my account for no apparent reason and that there was nothing that she could (or would) do about it. She said that if even if there was a reason she wouldn't be allowed to tell me what it was! The best she could offer was "try again in a couple of days"...I'm at a loss to understand how that will make any difference.

From this experience and having read more about Paypal's practices, I'll be sending a cheque!

caugusti
Message Maniac

Sent: 04-01-2004 07:36

<Roy>, Everything you say would be true if PayPal helped. Hiding behind a UA that 99.99% of the people do not read is unconsciencable. If you vary slightly from the UA, PayPal will not help you at all.

<Roy>
Not Registered

Sent: 04-01-2004 00:03

I almost forgot, as for the "pull and push" sign on doors, that usually happens when you dont look up. The same thing as one of those automatic doors that says "exit only"; its not going to open backward. It all goes back to what our parents told us.....PAY ATTENTION.

<Roy>
Not Registered

Sent: 03-31-2004 23:37

I dont disagree with all of the advertising, although I do believe that when I put my hard earned money out there, or when I sell my items, I do research. I look into my transactions. I agree 100% that some people do get the "shaft", however, in most cases it is because that person has not been educated in the situation, and has no intention of doing so. I can appreciate a site such as this, it is definately worth while. It is a resource of education, regrettably, it is usually too late. When we go out to buy an item at a retail store, it is nature to "compare" or "shop around". With our modern technology and pretty pictures and ads, it is usually impulse, on behalf of buyers, and sellers alike. Everyone loves the "now". Hind sight is always........................

EarlCamembert
Active User

Sent: 03-31-2004 23:08

<Roy>, "In the society that we live in, every one wants things NOW, they dont want to read, or ask questions.." I agree but PayPal and other shady operators do not make it easy to find. It is like looking for the Pull or Push sign on a door; one can't find it because of all the BS advertising. I know how PayPal works; they lied to me more then once.

<Roy>
Not Registered

Sent: 03-31-2004 22:53

How do you figure? When sending a money order or a check, near anyone can cash them. The same information about the shipping address and the name are available through paypal as a check or money order. Look into the "details" of your transaction log. If indeed it was fraudulant funds that you recieved, it would have had you send it to an address other than the one under the "confirmed adress"; through an email in most cases. In some occasions they do list a shipping address in the transaction, but it will then show 2 addressess, the one thats listed on paypal, and the one they typed in. If you ever have any doubt, DONT SHIP IT! If I were to tell you my oven had been off for hours, but when you opend it and saw heat waves, would you believe me? There are over 40 million people signed up with PayPal, from all over the world. Dirtbags exist everywhere.

Most of the problems that exist are from people who are not educated about the way it works. In the society that we live in, every one wants things NOW, they dont want to read, or ask questions, they just want to do it NOW! Take a look at the user agreements suggestions on how to protect yourself some time. Granted, there are times when you just can't help it, and right there I will go right to credit card transactions. Credit Cards are the almighty god. When Visa (or whoever)comes calling for thier money.......every one loses; this is the case in most transactions gone wrong. I could go on for days, but I know that this will fall upon deaf ears. I would be more than willing to answer any specific questions you have pertaining to PayPal, or their procedures. Just shoot me an email. dntbdmb@cox.net

caugusti
Message Maniac

Sent: 03-31-2004 18:50

<Roy>, As to:

Atleast PayPal offers, if at best an attempt to get the money back!

Just what are you smoking? PayPal rarely helps in recovery of funds. You need a court order for any information. They won't even tell you who defrauded you. And law enforcement can't or won't help. The law wants nothing to do with PayPal. Too fuzzy as to what happens. With a check or money order you at least know who to go after.

1 - 15  16 - 30   31 - 32  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 2 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 0.5899 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative