NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal » Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! » Thread: PayPal dispute is worthless! -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: PayPal dispute is worthless!
NoPayPal_100
New User

PayPal dispute is worthless!
Sent: 03-11-2009 19:00

I called my credit card company which I used to fund the transaction and opened a dispute with them. They took off the full amount of the transaction on my CC, and it will stay off until the dispute gets settled. I have full proof on long string of Email between the seller and I, that the seller lied and made fraudulent claims to get me to order the battery with him. I’m confident that I will win this dispute.

I guess I did one right thing, I used credit card to fund my transaction. I’m almost sure if I used my bank account, the bank will do almost nothing for me.

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

mre0609
New User

Sent: 03-10-2009 06:30

same thing happened to me...ordered a watch, received it, and it WAS A PIECE OF CRAP, ABSOLUTELY nothing as described. I tried contact with the seller and got nothing, so i opened a dispute and it was immediately closed. I called paypal and they said that they cannot guarantee quality of merchandise, only the shipment of the merchandise. Of course, the guy had given me a tracking number so he had all the proof he needed. SO I FILED A CHARGEBACK WITH MY BANK :) They went after paypal and got their money, which got refunded to me. The seller of the watch then tried to charge me the $200 again!!!! Luckily by that time I had removed my bank acct info from paypal (even though they told me that it is still held in their database for 7 years!!!)

NoPayPal_100
New User

Sent: 03-10-2009 05:08

I should have read the fine print in PayPal agreement before opening account. I have been using PayPal for years without any problems until now. I thought PayPal was a secure way to make transaction between seller and buyer and PayPay protects the buyers from fraudulent sellers, but today I found out there is no protection for the buyer.

Here is my story; I placed an order for a custom size battery with one of the sellers in EBay. He said there’s no problem, he can make the battery to smaller than my specification. I clearly stated the battery can not be any bigger than the size I specified more than once. When I received the battery, it was way bigger than my specification and what the sell assured me the actual battery he was going to make for me. I tried to Email the seller and only response I got was, he was sorry he made a mistake, and stopped responding to my Emails.

I opened a dispute with PayPal, this will only send messages between seller and buyer, he only responded onetime by saying “you can return the item” he did not say if he would refund my money or an address to return the item. He stopped communication with me again, so I thought I was taking the next step through PayPal and escalated my dispute. To my surprise, my dispute did not get escalated, but was instantly and automatically closed! This was the automated Email I got from PayPal:

You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By ending communication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate the case and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewed any ommunication you may have had in the Resolution Center.

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund.

I did not stop communication with the seller, it was the other way around! From this I learned that all the seller has to do is:
1) After getting your money
2) Send you tracking number through PayPal
3) Send you any junk they want
4) If you open up a dispute through PayPal, just respond once with any junk message

Now PayPal washing their hand of the transaction and if you choose to push the “escalate the dispute” button, they have their system program to instantly close the dispute case and send you an automated Email telling you, you stopped communicating with the seller, so they will not be doing anything further.

Well, I learned a hard lesson that cost me $400+.
The seller is laughing his way to the bank with my money and telling himself people will believe anything he tells them.
PayPal just collects fee and does nothing to protect the buyer.
I don’t think I have to say, but I will never use PayPal again, nor will I use EBay again as they are the same company. EBay will not make another penny from me.

Sorry for the long post, just had to get it out of my system.

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 0.4054 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software