NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Whistleblowers Thread: paypal phone # hard to fine? -- Page 4 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: paypal phone # hard to fine?
lobomau
New User

paypal phone # hard to fine?
Sent: 09-11-2004 14:00

<leon>, Hi , i'm an international paypal member form Portugal - Europe , and they froze my account for no reason too , they send an email that my account was limited in May 2004 the email don't specify what kind of info they need to re-open the account or to what so ever they are investigate , but i can still receive payments !

I receive recently a payment from a buyer on ebay in a auction that dind't have any link to paypal ,i put in this auction the methods of payment that i accept but he pays without asking me first through paypal. Now i refuse the payment because since my account is closed i can't have the money now. But i can't refund the money also because it's denied by my limited account.

this it was the email that was send to me :
PayPal is constantly working to ensure the integrity of our payment network
by performing frequent examinations of our system.

During this process we reviewed your site and account activity and in
accordance with Section 11 of the User Agreement, your account has been
closed.

Your funds will be held for 180 days from the date of your last account
transaction. After 180 days, you will be able to access your funds by
requesting an online bank transfer or, if applicable, a check from PayPal.

Well i'm from Portugal and to transfer the money to my account in my portuguese bank they ask for $40 , i've got less than that i've to pay paypal to close my account!!
Only after 180 days of the last payment i'll have the money , by November i'll got it? But with what price?

Since Paypal have a branch in europe (PayPal Europe) why they don't have a phone number helpdesk to europe also? If they have what that number , someone could help me on that.

i apreciate
thanks

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

JasonSteen

Sent: 08-29-2004 13:38

<KingCyberia>,

Some internal numbers are hard to find, ifyou're looking for something specific. here is the current (in progress) list ofr 200+ employees, and their department & extensions.

http://paypal.jasonsteen.com

hope this helps,

Jason Steen

<KingCyberia>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-30-2004 19:55

ltlizard, it shouldn't be hard to find. (408) 376-7400 Cheryl Fujii, Community Outreach Coordinator, is named as Company Principal. Also: 1-800-322-9266
eBay Inc.
2145 Hamilton Ave
San Jose, CA 95125-5905

P.O. Box 5070
San Jose, CA 95150-5070

For others interested in Paypal phone numbers, check out the Better Business Bureau profile at http://www.heartlandbbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=106003198

ltlizard
New User

paypal phone # hard to fine?--ebay too!
Sent: 06-23-2004 14:56

what about a tel number for ebay itself? I am trying to obtain my missing ebay anything points which operate thru the use of both paypal and ebay and have had no luck with chat or email. How can I call ebay?

island
Big BOSS

Getting your money out safely
Sent: 11-05-2003 06:43

Take care when withdrawing, because if you withdraw $2500 or more in a single day you might have your account limited.

old_employee

Sent: 11-02-2003 20:03

<Cliff>,

Very glad to help! I hope everything works out for you and keep us all informed.

<Cliff>
Not Registered

Sent: 11-02-2003 17:51

old_employee, PS: not on her account. Both accounts are seperate and she's my GF, not wife. Also, diff countries. Once the feds heard of the cross border reversal, you wouldn't believe what happened. Once we get the 200 grand out and close both of our accounts, I'll be back with some REALLY good info for this site.

Thanks for your help.

<Cliff>
Not Registered

Sent: 11-02-2003 17:49

old_employee, A GREAT deal has happened with this over the last few days. I've contacted the FBI, FTC, BBB, Omaha and Mountain View police depts. I have MUCH to reveal about what I am learning but obviously, I want to get the 2000 released before I come back here and let everyone know what info I am getting. What I would advice is that everyone who reads this get their money OUT of PayPal and STOP using them. The stuff is about to hit the fan and it won't be pretty. IT seems PayPal is in some crap and they aren't telling anyone.

As of this date, I have sent them the 500 they say I owe because I DO owe it. Once the 2000 from my GFs account is free, my GF and I are pulling out of PayPal and then I'll come back here and release what I have thus far. As for your reply, I found that what they did with the reversal WAS in fact criminal. THAT'S what caused the crap to hit the fan and the feds to get involved. Thank you for coming forward and telling everyone what you have. It's been a sobering experience and I look forward to seeing PayPal go down.

<polonius1>
Not Registered

Sent: 11-02-2003 01:19

<polonius1>,
My apologies for over-reacting a bit. I just find it so very extremely frustrating that even on a forum dedicated exposing PayPal\'s misdeeds, they are still successful in brainwashing people into thinking that they somehow have some \"right\" to their ludicrous policies, such as attempting to treat a phone number as if it\'s privileged or confidential information.

old_employee

Sent: 11-01-2003 13:17

crp0499,

If your customer files a complaint you will have the option to refund the buyer. You should do this right away. Because PayPal does not allow joint accounts they cannot hold your wife responsible for actions on your account. They do reserve the right to limit access on her account since you probably share ips, cookies, ext.

I would be concerned that they may forward your wifes bank account information to NCO in an attempt to recover the $500.00. If you are on that bank account with your wife you should take your name off at the bank to prevent this from happening. If they then attempt to debit that bank account they have just stolen funds from a person who was not listed on the PayPal account with a negative ballance.

Again, if your customer has in fact filed a complaint, have your wife login to paypal and click on the link on the top left of the screen. Then click to resolve the complaint and select the issue a refund option. This will return the funds to your buyer so they can mail a payment to you. If you need anything else please let me know!

crp0499
New User

Sent: 10-29-2003 23:46

old_employee, This is to the old employee...I have a problem and would like your opinion on how to best handle it. MY PayPal account is closed as I owe PayPal 500 bucks. Recently, I sold a computer on eBay and had the buyer send the money to my girlfriend's PayPal account. Now PayPal has limited her account and refuses to release the money until I clear my account by sending money to NCO Financial. We did not ship the computer of course as PayPal has frozen the money. The buyer is going to file a complaint, at our request, because we want to issue a refund, which is something I understand we can do with limited account status. Because of the PayPal fees charged for moving the money back and forth, PayPal refuses to issue a partial refund and says we have insufficient funds to issue a full refund. We are hoping that the buyer complaint will prompt the refund for what is in the account and then the buyer will mail us a check.

I'd like your thoughts on the situation as I have detailed it. Of course, our attempts to resolve this on the phone are fruitless. My whole issue is that PayPal is holding two seperate accounts responsible for the errors of mine. I don't dispute that I owe them the 500 bucks, but they are freezing one account and 2000 bucks for an unrelated account that owes 500.

We've already called the attorney general, police, FBI, etc...still, I'd like to know your thoughts on the best way to resolve this.

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 10-29-2003 15:12

Welcome old_employee,
Thanks for the post.

<polonius1>
Not Registered

Sent: 10-25-2003 01:35

old_employee,

Many many thanks for the practical and useful information and advice. One question I have is how can I transfer or withdraw more than 2500 USD in one day without having a problem?

It would also be useful for me to have full contact information for employees "Sarah" and "Adam", if possible. Thanks in advance.

old_employee

Sent: 10-22-2003 13:29

<sxs>,

SXS

First PayPal's customer service is located in Omaha Nebraska not Nevada. Second if you look up the number they will only supply you the local number for Nebraska. Call 1-888-221-1161. This way you don't have to pay a dime.

As an ex-employee of paypal I understand the frustration this company has put you through. Most of the employees who knew what they were doing have left the company because of their practices. I will check these forums when I can and assist people including giving specific complete names, work numbers, and email addresses of people to contact. For years PayPal has told their employees not to give out their last names. This is done simply to make it more difficult for you to communicate properly with the company and to make it more difficult for you to seek restitution against an individual.

The company does not make decisions on your accounts. All decisions are made by one person on the Omaha fraud team. The decision to lift the limited access on your account comes from one person in resolution services. If someone on the fraud team makes a quote "no appeals" you are done. The resolution services team will not even try to lift the limited access on your account but will continue to tell you that you need to fax in documentation.

If you already have a limited access account and want to continue to use PayPal, although I don't know why, you need to clear all of your cookies and cache and change your IP. Do not use anonymizer or other public anonymous IP's since they have a team that just reviews those logins. Your best bet is to use AOL dial up. Also all bank accounts on your account will be inactive. If you add them to your new account it immediately will be flagged and shortly will also have a limited access. Contact your bank if your account is placed on limited access and report your cards and bank accounts as lost stolen. This does 2 things. First, PayPal will not be able to debit funds from your bank account to get back any recent ach transactions. They also may attempt to debit your account if your PayPal accounts fall negative. Second, this allows you to continue banking at the same location but have a new debit card and bank account numbers.

The fraud team does use some tools that show a percentage of like information on 2 or more accounts. For instance if you have the same name one 2 accounts with the same address they will find your other account. Make certain that you use a new address, even a po box works. If you have a PO box try to get one with a different zip code, state and city. The tools they use compare the following, name, social security number, address, bank accounts, credit cards, auction id's, bank routing numbers. These also include things you attempted to add but were unsuccessful. Also if you believe you removed a bank, address, or credit card from your first account you are wrong. Members of the fraud team still see that information and will use it to link your other accounts.

The other advice I have for everyone who uses PayPal is to get your money out as soon as possible. If you are going to continue to use PayPal call them at the number above and request to have a feature called Auto Sweep turned on. This is a feature that they do not advertise but is available. This takes all the money in your account at the end of the day and automatically withdrawals it to your bank account. You need to give them your Social Security Number and also lift your withdrawal limit before they will allow this. When you call, if the rep does not know what you are talking about ask them to transfer you to a professional or look in the knowledge base under auto sweep.

Another FYI do not withdrawal more than $2500.00 in a 24 hour period or over a weekend. You may hit the ques and invite someone to place a limited access on your account. If you withdrawal more than $5000.00 in a 24 period you will also hit a que and they will look at your account. There are also another 50-100 ques that can flag your account. I will not go into detail since they are in place to protect consumers and actually work.

If any of you have had problems with a single employee please post their name and what department they are in and I will respond with their full name and phone number if know them. If you have to contact a person directly at PayPal most employees email addresses are their first initial last name @paypal.com.

One other thing, when you try to send a payment via credit card and you are not given that option it is because of a thing called the risk model. Usually it is a high risk transaction and you or the seller have entered some type of fraud que.

I hope this information helps each and every one of you.

<sxs>
Not Registered

Sent: 10-20-2003 22:22

i dont think i can just post it so....
go to www.whitepages.com
do a search for paypal omaha, nevada
head office phone number will pop up
call it and u can actually talk to _people_

Prev  1 - 15   16 - 30   31 - 45  46 - 60  61 - 64  Next