NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Whistleblowers Thread: Pay-Pal; an ex-managers story/ observations -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Pay-Pal; an ex-managers story/ observations
Gradius
New User

Pay-Pal; an ex-managers story/ observations
Sent: 07-16-2008 17:01

helpme1112: "I'm a legit seller, someone got hacked acoount and purchased $1330, intangible asset from me."

I feel your pain, this was exactly what happened to me, I lost over USD$ 1000 when I sold my FFXI account. I did wait over 5 days and even so, PayPal refunded the "seller" telling me "he never received the order" crap! I provided every proof I could, they even requested my address and a lot shitload confirmation all over again, I provided to them ALL they asked for, transfered all by FAX, and I NEVER, NNNEERRVVEERRR got my money back! The dispute went for a month! PayPal DOES sucks, and I'm using since 2003 (verified!), and I have over 80 "paypal" verifications.

Their services are GOOD FOR NOTHING!

merchantinc seems to be the solution, BUT it only works for U.S. residents only! (SIGH!)

Duke2
New User

Sent: 02-06-2008 18:32

xppman,
Hello,
I read an old thread that you had commented in. Below is part of that thread. I did try to find that form you mentioned using that link. I could not find that form there. Do you know if this form still exists? Any help would be appreciated thanks...Craig

As a result of the LAST class action lawsuit settlement, paypal is required to provide specific documentation to you and every other account holder whose funds are being held in limbo indefinitely. You'd never know it, though, because paypal doesn't tell you how to file a complaint alleging that paypal is in violation of the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, and that it will respond only if your complaint is filed using one specific complaint form hidden in the UA.

It hides the form here. http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_efunds-outside

Click on the link (contact us using this report form) to put paypal on formal notice of its error in freezing your account funds. Under EFTA, there are specific steps paypal must follow to resolve your dispute, or be subject to triple damages should you decide to take them to court. (Note that the UA says paypal may take 10 days to respond. That in itself is twice as long as it agreed to in court - oops.)

primetime
New User

Sent: 09-01-2007 17:24

Recently a hold has been put on my account. i haven't used paypal in over a year. Someone has hacked into my account and tranferred funds from a bank account that is not mine to my paypal account. It is currently under investigation. The bank account they set up on my paypal account is one I can't access because it's not mine and I have no way of accessing it. Should I not be able to change the primary account to one I have access to and keep the money? I know it's not mine but if someone is illegally hacking into my account should I not be able to "screw" them by taking their money? PayPal's answer to this whole thing is that they have asked me to fax them a copy of a bank statement from the bank (Wells Fargo). The problem is it's not my bank account, if it was then I wouldn't have needed to contact them! They just don't seem to get it! I also called Wells Fargo and they couldn't help me unless I had a Social Security number (being in Canada, I do not) or the bank account number!? They wouldn't take any other info from me to determine if someone has opened an account illegally under my name. They suggested I contact PayPal! What's a guy to do?

jack_02
New User

Sent: 04-28-2007 12:18

MyGTZ, The problem of PP freezing my account happened last week, though I could not understand what was the reason behind such action! Now after coming to this place I can see that there are so many people who already have some issues regarding the dealings made with PP. Now this makes me feel nervous and I would like to ask if there are any better alternatives where transaction can be safely done!

madmomma
New User

Sent: 02-23-2007 15:16

Hi all,

I too had my account frozen, for six months they said. Well I wen through all the same things as eveybody else, emails, phone calls etc. Well I didn't give up Thanks be to God..I had and made time each and everyday of the six months to call and inquiry as to the return of my money letting them know how much time they had left. I would litterally calculate it to the minute of my call. I was so persistant that I guess I fell in that 2% because I received a check in the mail six months to the date. Now I'm after them for my interest he he!! I know I'll never get it but if I have to have a headache so will they. :)

Lewis
New User

Sent: 11-10-2006 02:19

expay-palguy,
I had my account placed on limited access for now,Because I transfered money to my bank account,They say:

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

# Nov. 9, 2006: We have observed activity in this account that is unusual or potentially high risk.
Right......Like getting my money for sales,they are requiring me to provide proof of having enough inventory for items that i had sold weeks before and some that i didn`t even sell.What the HE**????
How can I get around this loop(so obvious)??All they tell me when I call the resolution center is that I must follow the steps which I cannot because I don`t have business info to send them(u see I`m not a business like they say I`m just a seller)so with no company info I will fail that part miserably and not see money any time soon.what to do??? can I talk to someone that can lift the limited access???But who??

menahunie
New User

Sent: 08-08-2006 15:11

PaypalSucks,
You are so right. I have been ripped by sellers and have gotten my money back; but not from PAYPAL. From my bank instead. Just recently was ripped by another seller. PAYPAL stated they have contacted shipper and item intransit? The tracking number when used at the postal web site states NO RECORD.. I just finished talking to a Paypal rep. Know what? They told me they checked and item is in transit.. I asked them where did they go? Same place I did; really... Then I am told they have a way to really check the number; I asked them how? No answer. I got a little hot and told them don't dik me around and they told me not to use bad language; I told them them don't BS me. The Post Office face to face told me they have no record of the number seller has provided. This is another rip and I paid seller last July..
First thing I did was file papers to block any and all attempts from Paypal to debt my bank account; but allow any payments in. Yes you can do this. I also used my debt card to make the payments and filed chargebacks on the three sellers who ripped me off. I have solid legal proof they did steal my money; I also gave that to the bank to prove my case. They believed me and granted the charge backs. Know what? Paypal strted to hammer my account in attempts to take money; did not work. Then got threatening e mails about dire collection action. Know what? Told them go for it. I then got letter from NCO collection agency. I filed despute along with all the information showing the fraud done to me and PAYPAL filing false debt claim. I have not heard from them since. I also informed them DO NOT SCREW WITH MY CREDIT REPORT OR MY ATTORNEY WILL SCREW YOU.. Thing is the person who stated they are former manager for p[aypal follows what I have seen and been subjected to. Paypal needs to go after the one who really did the fraud; not take the easy way out and shaft the honest customer; they have a contractual and legal obligation to do this under this countriess laws. Paypal tells me I have to sue them to get any of the sellers info I was ripped off by. I know what paypal's TOS says; but who is the one taking money from your bank account? NOT THE SELLER; BUT PAYPAL. Thsi makes them rsponsible and liable as a "Merchant"....
In parting I have a suggestion for PAYPAL if they read this? It is a viable and good suggestion.. Instead of doing plain money transferrs as you claim. why not use a system like an ESCROW ACCOUNT. The buyer makes purchase the money is held in this account. the seller ships items with proof. Buyer then informes they have recieved item and is ok and releases the money. If buyer by a predetermined time dosen't respond and seller shows they got the item by a tracking number that it was sent to the buyers confirmed address; then the money is released automatically to the seller. Buyer can not come back later to complain. Time for non response can be from two to three weeks after sellers has shown proof item was delivered to buyer.. Yes this will add time and time is against some one who is doing fraud. Some one doing fraud doesn't want something that will take time, time is against them.

rondeeh
New User

Sent: 05-14-2006 17:12

expay-palguy,
Hey ex-Pay-Pal guy I tried to email you at the address you listed but it keeps coming back to me.

helpme1112
New User

victim need some help
Sent: 05-13-2006 00:13

Hey I got screwed yesterday i really need some help.
I'm a legit seller, someone got hacked acoount and purchased $1330, intangible asset from me.
i doubt they will refund me becuase it's intangible asset is there anything i can do? i have the WHOLE MSN log from this hacked and this log contains like what he paid for and how we decided the price. I didn't think he was a hacker, like i noticed he was very generous in the prices, however, when he paid me twice during one of those transactions, he seemed worried and as a good seller i actually REFUNDED him. Is there anything I can do? anyone maybe that will be nice enough to look into my case? i mean the whole point of not covering intagible asset is because you can't prove it but in this MSN log, It really proves that i delivered the item. and from this forum, i fear that soon they will freeze my account too! which is horrible because I actually sent money from my checking account to ebay to earn the money market interest, so 95% of the money in my paypal account is not from buyer but from myself!!

please help me if you can email me: Fallen_angel1214@hotmail.com
they are still investigating it, but when i try to sent the log to them i don't think they really care, cuz they are not really looking into it. =/

sandokan
New User

Sent: 05-05-2006 17:39

Quote:
I was a "middle management type" with Pay-Pal until leaving recently- partally due to my disgust over their internal security policies which have led to the mountain of complaints seen on this and other similar boards.
Wow! Thanks so much for writing this. I am wondering if we can use your text for reposting it everywhere we may see fit on the net eg: forums e-books etc etc
a bit like the people that help greenpeace by distribuiting their leaflets around, I am eager to package this and other such info into an ebook and just spread it to everyone and his dog.

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 04-26-2006 10:47

PS
I would just add.
Read around this site and educate yourself on how to fight back.

If you and your friend are in fact found to be the same person and paypal can prove it
with positive documentation that they MUST provide according to the last settlement
and through LEGAL channels not just assumptions on their part..

Than you (if you are both one in the same) will probably never see the 4000.00 again.

On the other hand. If your friend is in fact just another paypal user
and is telling the truth I suggest your friend fight it all the way. They WILL prevail.

If your friend is in fact just another paypal user PP is trying to link as one
the debt PP claims you owe them is between you and PP NOT your friend you and PP.

To date I have yet to see where PP has collected on their "claims".
meaning you may or may NOT ever have to worry about the 5600.00 other than a few erroneous NCO debt collection calls.
If they can't PROVE you owe them a debt (It's not like the extended you credit)
Than they will simply go away.

Check out this site to:

File a complaint with
the Federal Trade Commission

Read up on Fair Debt Collection Act too here:
http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.htm

Educate yourself.
They are breaking the law.

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 04-26-2006 10:34

noahtotoro,

This is LONG but READ it and understand your rights.

PayPal is the "merchant or record" when someone uses their
system to pay with either a bank transfer, check or credit / debt card.

Payments made internally from one PayPal account to another is a different story and the only area PayPal can truly attempt to control.

PayPal is the ones who have the MERCHANT ACCOUNT.
Not you.

It IS PayPal's ultimate responsibility to "verify"
who the sender is who is sending funds to PayPal and
to transmit and process these transactions in a
secure environment and accordance
to industry standards.

PayPal's merchant agreement outlines policies that PayPal
must follow in order to receive funds electronically and are given
the tools and guidelines to help minimize PayPal's risk of chargebacks
or fraudulent use of PayPal's merchant account by senders of funds.

------------

As far as PayPal providing a "money transfer service" to it's users.
(The seller x's of the world).

It is PayPal's ultimate responsibility to verify who it's users are.
(Who seller x is) Prior to transferring money to seller x or allowing seller x to offer PayPal's services.

Unfortunately for PayPal they choose to be lax in this
registration policy area which puts PayPal at further risk.

Now who's fault is that?

It is not yours because you did not understand their convoluted UA .
It is not yours because you didn't follow their bogus SPP or BPP programs.

It is their fault and their fault alone for not tightening up its lax registration polices and compiling a comprehensive user agreement to begin with.

--------------

PayPal's user agreement is just that. An agreement a policy.
PayPals user agreement has NEVER stood up in a court
of law as a binding contract.

Quite the contrary as PayPal's "user agreement" and policies
keep being struck down by courts of law through out the lands.

Wonder why? BECAUSE IT IS NOT A BINDING CONTRACT.

PayPal IS the merchant of RECORD when a transaction
goes well as well as when it goes bad. PayPal and only PayPal are libel
for all transactions and activities conducted on their website.

The collections attempts on any user (seller x) by PayPal or it's
agents use are erroneous attempts at best.
Many of the tactics they use are not even legal
nor can be enforced in a court of law.

Now if PayPal can prove that their services were used with the intent
to defraud PayPal. That is a different story

In the case of intentional fraud by seller x it would be a
criminal case not just an attempt to collect some money from seller x.

Collection agencies that buy off these bad debts PayPal incur
exist for one reason and one reason only.

To attempt to bypass regular legal channels to collect a
debt that they feel is owed to them by the end user "seller x".

If a PP user decides to not continue to use the PP service
nor agrees with PayPal's convoluted polices or that
seller x owes PayPal any money,
there is nothing more that PP can do other than
Freeze the users account with a negative balance and attempt to scare the user into thinking that somehow PP can go "after them" for the money.

It is simply not the case.

=====================

NOW FOR YOUR FRIEND WHO THEY ARE NOW TRYING TO ILLEGALLY
ATTEMPT TO COLLECT YOUR ALLEGED DEBT FROM. READ ON.

As a result of the LAST class action lawsuit settlement, paypal is required to provide specific documentation to you and every other account holder whose funds are being held in limbo indefinitely. You'd never know it, though, because paypal doesn't tell you how to file a complaint alleging that paypal is in violation of the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, and that it will respond only if your complaint is filed using one specific complaint form hidden in the UA.

It hides the form here. http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_efunds-outside

Click on the link (contact us using this report form) to put paypal on formal notice of its error in freezing your account funds. Under EFTA, there are specific steps paypal must follow to resolve your dispute, or be subject to triple damages should you decide to take them to court. (Note that the UA says paypal may take 10 days to respond. That in itself is twice as long as it agreed to in court - oops.)

Use the link to file a complaint that paypal has made an unauthorized electronic funds transfer by withholding your funds as outlined in clause F(iii). Request a copy of all documentation paypal used in determining to freeze your account. EFTA requires paypal to investigate your claim within a short time period, provide a "meaningful" response, and actually send you any paperwork it has to support its action, at your request. Be sure to save copies of everything you receive from paypal in response to your complaint, in case you have no recourse but to sue them for triple damages as allowed under the Act.

Here's a direct link to the .pdf file of the Injunctive Relief provision of the class action settlement that outlines the procedure paypal must follow to resolve your FREINDS complaint: http://www.settlement4onlinepayments.com/injunctive.pdf

noahtotoro
New User

Sent: 04-26-2006 02:04

expay-palguy,
I recently received a defraud chargeback against my account, and as usual, paypal reversed the payment back to the buyer. The chance of me getting the money back is like my current account status: negative.

My friend's 4000dollars was also locked because of this. The amount I owe paypal is $5600..

Paypal leaves me no alternative but to pay them back that $5600. Does this mean that my friend's account will be unfroze??How long will it take?

There is one last chance that I am betting on: the name of the account holder registered to Paypal was under my parent's name who past away three years ago, regardless there were account activities after her death. I do have the death certificate. Is it possible that I could fight paypal with this death certificate, ask them to shut down this negative account and all related liability? What are my chances?

<Maggieost>
Not Registered

Sent: 03-12-2006 14:18

<Manager>,
Guess this reader hasnt had his account locked up yet- RIGHT- paypal does NOT release your funds even after you verify your bank account, email you name it....Come to find out they locked up my account with over $1800.00 in it because a relative on the opposite coast over 3000 miles away has not paid there bill with paypal- There attitude is since we are related we are linked and i need to pay there account up to clear the past due account before the will release MY money (that bill is over $900.00) i asked them if they wanted me to take a loan out to pay someone elses bill and there answer was if thats what it takes YES- it needs to be cleared before we can relase your money to you?????? How many banks or credit card company do you know that are allowed to do this? NONE- thats shy paypal is always being sued, because this is illegal, they buy up the competition so you have no place to go--
If i ever get any of my money out i will NEVER use them again and it will be my mission to make sure everyone knows how they do business......

PcDirect
New User

Sent: 03-04-2006 09:17

expay-palguy, Ive had one account where they Limited and then canceled the transfers. How Long do they have to cancel them, Its on a american account

1 - 15  16 - 30   31 - 45   46 - 60   61 - 75  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 6 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 1.6887 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software