NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: Someone else did it! Thread: If you are the victum of fraud, you should report it to the IC3 -- Page 5 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: If you are the victum of fraud, you should report it to the IC3
<olivia>
Not Registered

If you are the victum of fraud, you should report it to the IC3
Sent: 03-06-2005 15:25

<Joey>,
If anyone has experienced any type of online fraud can you please contact me. I am a journalism student in Canada and want to hear people\'s stories to get a balanced iew of what occurs through online shopping marketplaces. Thanks
timelikeglass@gmail.com

island
Big BOSS

Sent: 03-03-2005 06:40

CBHMetal, you've been lucky enough not to incur a loss due to your abject stupidity. If it seems too good to be true, it definitely is!

<getabrain>
Not Registered

Sent: 03-02-2005 18:44

CBHMetal,
your a **** if you think someone is gonna send you money for free..

CBHMetal
New User

Sent: 02-28-2005 03:40

PaypalSucks, Im not really a victim of fraud but, Someone came to me yesterday, and told me he gonna send me money, thru paypal, so..right there i was my-self saying, he's crazy ? I have two paypal account, one is principal, and one for testing money send..anyway,

So this guy told me he gonna send me 1,000$ Canadian dollars, and i had to resend the half back to him. So i give him my paypal user e-mail, so then i saw my balance grow up by thousand dollars .../"&*(&/"& HE'S REALLY CRAZY MAN, So this guy placed a thousand dollars just in knowing my address and confirmed that i'm gonna re-transfer half of the money :P

Well now, i have this money on account, and i would like to test if he can cancel that, so i've tried with my two accounts to see..Niet. Anyway, I told him that i can't give it the money right now, because im not a credit card verified user, so it takes about 5 buisness days to withdraw money to my bank..SO he said, ok give me a little bunch right now via western Union..I was going there and I made a 100$ of my POCKET W-U transfer.., and this morning, when i waked up, i logon thru paypal, and i saw that paypal had placed "Temporary Held by paypal" statement and charge back -1,000$..BY CHANCE, this guy not have the time to cashout the W-U Money and i get back the 100$...

But there's is the questions of this situation...This guy told me he came from Romania, and the senders name appears to "Carlos Mendez" With e-mail "mendez@ku.edu" ... So :P I got www.ku.edu to check what's that..and its an university... and i saw a user search on it, and i found carlos gustavo mendez appears..

So the Roumania guy probably brute force the REAL Carlos mendez account, and send me thousand dollars over this account, and this morning, Carlos saw it and cancel this send ????

I'D like to know, what's gonna happen to me, my account gonna be freezed ? I receive this e-mail from paypal..

It has come to our attention t
Subject: PayPal Notification: Temporary Hold Pending Investigation (Routing
Code: C124-L001-Q410-T3320)
It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially
unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In
the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question
until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a
deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to
continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Transaction Date: Feb. 26, 2005 20:00:21 PST

Transaction Amount: $1,000.00 CAD

Payor's Email: mendez@ku.edu

Thanks for your help! if im lucky, maybe im gonna have this money HAHA :)

<TG>
Not Registered

This works
Sent: 02-25-2005 16:12

I used this once, I had people trying to do a chargeback while keeping the merchandise. Within a few weeks the buyer called me back and agreed to send me the money!

mojoServers
New User

Sent: 02-23-2005 13:25

Well,
I just reported it to ifccfbi.gov ... hope i get something back

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 02-22-2005 22:07

Quote:
PaypalSucks, I have been a victun of Paypal fraud, it has been reported too the police here in Canada. There answer "They can't get any where with paypal, they have been working on paypal frauds for six years and are not any closer to finding the answer". I was lucky, paypal returned all the money to my bank and the bank returned it to me. I have never used paypal so it was a shock when I found over 2,000.00 missing from account,how this person got into my account is beyond me. Is there a IC3 or something like it in Canada. Could you tell me more.
When I contacted paypal they gave me,the name, address, telephone number and email address. This was suppose to have been the shipping address. Our police checked it out but came up with nothing. I have never used paypal and never will!!

I would hope that the Canadian police can get a search warrant from a canadian judge to get the records for this person. This kind of thing is very simple and now that ebay owns paypal, ebay has said publicly that it co-operates with all law enforcment. In fact, at one time they said they don't even need a warrant, just the police letterhead would be good enough. I suspect they got in some hot water over that from their legal department.

But in this case a judge can issue a search warrant for the records and just specify the users in question's information. If it's bogus, they can at least use the IP information to track them back to an ISP and again, issue a search warrant to the ISP to get whatever information they have. If the ISP is foreign well then the trail probably stops there. But I say, you pay your taxes, you have the right to have the police do their job. If they reach a dead end, okay they tried. But it sure would be nice to at least ruffle some feathers. A lot of these cases are kids who get away with it. Nabbing them, or at least having johnny law on their doorstep can scare them into not going that route in life.

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 02-22-2005 22:02

mojoServers,
if the owner is in police custody, that's about the best you can hope for. It's just like getting robbed or mugged.

If you paid with your credit card to fund your paypal account you can put in a chargeback for merchandise never recieved.

mojoServers
New User

Sent: 02-22-2005 17:12

I just paid for colocation - $700/month, and paypal recovered $123 of it.
Here's what PayPal sent me:

--------------------------------------
Transaction Amount: -$702.00 USD
Case Number: PP-066-972-263
Seller's Name: Chris Gotzman
Seller's Email: payments@foundrynap.com

We have determined that the seller is at fault, and as a result, we have attempted to recover your funds.
The maximum amount we were able to recover was $123.73 USD. This amount has been credited to your account. Please allow up to 5 days for this adjustment to be reflected in your account.
If you are due any additional amount from the seller, please be assured that we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller on your behalf.
You can also be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller in this case. Actions may include issuing a warning, a temporary limitation, or terminating their account. PayPal uses a number of factors to determine what type of action to take, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we are unable to discuss the details of any action. We hope you understand our policy, and that it ensures you are safe when using PayPal.

We appreciate your business, and regret this experience.
-------------------------

Wow, I want my money back dammit. I dont know what to do, but ill check out that website you guys posted above. I hear the owners under police custody for an unknown reason, but hmmmmm

<Joey>
Not Registered

Sent: 02-10-2005 15:59

yea i just got scammed $1000 for transferring online money in an mmorpg. hacked paypal account i guess.

i will be reporting it to the ifc i guess, but i dont know what category to file it under, maybe other?

hollis

Sent: 02-09-2005 13:17

lutey,

I am in the usa and when I contacted PayPal, they ONLY gave me the E-MAIL address!!! This "Seller" replied once claiming:

" This does not surprise me. My PayPal account has been locked for months and PayPal has it set up to accept payments, but not withdraw funds. So I could not have accepted your payment from whoever it was sent. I no longer do business with PayPal. Sorry and good luck with getting your money back."

And this person has not replied to my last 5 emails to follow up. I have no other info on them, otherwise I would have that info to provide on the IC3 report. So, I will put PayPal's info instead. They are the ones who took my money, anyway.

lutey
New User

Sent: 02-08-2005 10:08

PaypalSucks, I have been a victun of Paypal fraud, it has been reported too the police here in Canada. There answer "They can't get any where with paypal, they have been working on paypal frauds for six years and are not any closer to finding the answer". I was lucky, paypal returned all the money to my bank and the bank returned it to me. I have never used paypal so it was a shock when I found over 2,000.00 missing from account,how this person got into my account is beyond me. Is there a IC3 or something like it in Canada. Could you tell me more.
When I contacted paypal they gave me,the name, address, telephone number and email address. This was suppose to have been the shipping address. Our police checked it out but came up with nothing. I have never used paypal and never will!!

synder
New User

Sent: 01-31-2005 15:06

How can you report it to the IC3 if PayPal won't tell you where the seller is located?! I just lost more than $1,400 to someone who took payment for a laptop computer and failed to ship it. PayPal refunded $175 to me and then refused to give me any information about the seller. Christ, I can't even report the crime! Whose side are these people on?

DerekUGA
Active User

Sent: 01-30-2005 00:24

PaypalSucks, hey could you check my new thread in the PayPal did it to me section up top? I had something extremely wierd happen to me over the past 3 months and I could use someone's advice about how to handle it. Thanks, that was the funniest recording ever by the way...lol I love how they kept saying you didn't have permission to do it...lol What a bunch of overpaid losers, even if they make minimum wage.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/showthread.php?fid=3&tid=7323&old_block=0

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 01-29-2005 22:16

Quote:
PaypalSucks, this really works. What they will do is contact the seller/buyer's local police & tell them to open an investigation. It really helps if the person scammed you out of $500 or more, that's a felony, and if you have a good amount of information to give them. The officer will contact you and begin investigating the case. I actually recovered about $500 of my merchandise by going through this site & a few others. I filed complaints at all of them and one of them contacted the scammer's police department, who knew who he was of course. Not everyone will be as lucky as I was, but it helps if you're willing to go to their state & testify against them.
Absolutely. That's what we've been telling people for 4 years now. While it doesn't work all the time, it does work sometime and a person has nothing to lose by trying. I have our help files detailed on our sitemap, http://paypalsucks.com/sitemap.shtml

Prev  16 - 30   31 - 45   46 - 60  61 - 75  76 - 77  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 7 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.9291 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software