NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: Someone else did it! Thread: If you are the victum of fraud, you should report it to the IC3 -- Page 4 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: If you are the victum of fraud, you should report it to the IC3
<gina>
Not Registered

If you are the victum of fraud, you should report it to the IC3
Sent: 09-02-2005 08:33

Dina, i bought a gucci bag from him/ her
what do you think? will the US authorities go after her / him?

Dina
Message Maniac

Sent: 09-01-2005 13:09

Gina, wow, what did you buy? and if you paid via credit card using paypal, you can file a chargeback

Gina
New User

Sent: 09-01-2005 04:12

PaypalSucks, Hi i would like to ask anyone at all ! i have a problem i live in the US and i was scammed by a canadian scammer!
is there anyway i could go after them?
i paid through paypal from a online buying site not ebay.
i had filed a dispute claim already to paypal.
i want to go to the US authorities but im worried they woudln't do anything to help me!
i paid 350 for that item would they even carE?
would they go after that person from a different country? please tell me what i should do!
paypal has told me they can't get my money back because there is no money in the sellers account.
please help me!

<face>
Not Registered

Sent: 08-15-2005 13:40

Quote:
How can you report it to the IC3 if PayPal won't tell you where the seller is located?! I just lost more than $1,400 to someone who took payment for a laptop computer and failed to ship it. PayPal refunded $175 to me and then refused to give me any information about the seller. Christ, I can't even report the crime! Whose side are these people on?
i dunno if anyone else posted this but i didn't see it so here goes:

to get more information on your seller here are some things you can do

1) request member information from ebay using this link
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofindtype=9

2) check your paypal transaction emails. one of the emails i got from paypal had the user's address which i used to do a reverse lookup.

i got phone numbers, names and addresses now. and i'm prepared to take this all the way. i got scammed out of over 700, but paypal recovered 175, and for some odd reason the seller sent me back 100. either way paypal wont give you any info on the seller (and may even still allow him to continue using paypal/ebay) unless you have the law on your side...

cheers.

<Kale>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-07-2005 02:09

<getabrain>, Myself and 5 other people got ripped off by a user on e-bay (Nghiatx) who apparently had their account accessed by a 'third party'. I sent $409.90 from my mastercard via paypal for an ipod to 'mnghiatx@aol.com'. I never recieved any contact from the seller.

In the payment details on paypal it says the sellers name 'Victor Fernandez' and their e-mail 'redwagon64@hotmail.com' - which is different to the ebay details (N Tran, Gaithersburg, MD United States 'mnghiatx@aol.com').

I searched for a ebay user with the e-mail 'redwagon64@hotmail.com' and it matches someone with 31 feedback on ebay. If this is who took my money, shouldn't ebay disabling their account?

I can't find out the users ebay ID because I haven't brought anything from them. Nghiatx also somehow hacked into their feedback and had all the 'from buyers' feed back removed, and are still a registered user!!!

What should I do to recover my money? Contact my credit card company and have them recover the funds from paypal (chargeback?), or go directly to paypal and only recieve US$175? (item wasn't covered by buyer protection plan)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

robertall
New User

Sent: 06-21-2005 13:44

I know 3 friends that have been effected, this will end in their' inbox. Thanks the advise Mr Admin.

<Paul James>
Not Registered

Sent: 06-06-2005 21:08

mojoServers, Mojo the same thing happened to me today as well. I wonder, is it possible to sue paypal because they fail to provide a safe way to accept or pay registered members ? And also because they withold important information in an investigation by the police ? What exactly can one do to take legal action against them in these sorts of cases ? It seems that, if they fail to secure a safe area to send and recieve money, and if something bad happens and they say you are SOL and we can't/won't do anything, then they are also associates involved in a conspiricy of theft. You would think they had insurance for this sort of thing. And also, since they refuse to divulge the address or other info about the scammer in a police investigation, they also should be held accountable as accessories in the crime. Thats what they do if your bud holds up a bank and you know all about it and try to help cover it up. I say it's time for another class action lawsuit against paypal regarding these faults, what do you (and everyone else) think ? Failure to provide a safe secure system to do transactions & refusal to co operate with the victims and law enforcement agencies. And lastly- F#*K PAYPAL !

Stampo
New User

Sent: 05-30-2005 18:32

PaypalSucks, Over 60 of us defrauded by one seller in Ohio have filed complaints with this site and they've done nothing... nor have the Attorney Generals of Ohio or California, the Media, the local Sheriff in Ohio... no one's interested.
To read about a scam being perpetrated on eBay sellers through PayPal
http://www.paypal2005.blogspot.com

www.[deleted by admin, site is probably a scam]/s42

Yoface55
New User

Sent: 05-28-2005 14:44

I just bought something on Ioffer.com with paypal for $200 from a guy in Hong Kong, and have not recieved it yet he claims i will and sends me phony tracking #'s and the like...I'm wondering if theres a certin amount of time you have to report it and is there anyway i am protected or i can get my money back?

Thanx

<blainejohnst>
Not Registered

blainejohnstone@btconnect.com
Sent: 05-08-2005 15:50

blainejohnstone@btconnect.com

Michael83
New User

Sent: 04-17-2005 10:25

ha here is what happened to me. I bought a online service from a guy (He was selling web hosting) Worked good for about a week then he quit on me and dissapeared. I contacted paypal and after about a month they got back saying I was owed the money however I did'nt even get it (Paypal does suck and they lie out the a**). Anyways here is what I got (luckly it was only $26.00 but it still pisses me off):

PayPal Case ID: PP-065-441-609
Date of Complaint: Jan. 31, 2005
Status Details:
Our investigation of this complaint is now complete.

The seller did not respond to our requests for confirmation that the package was shipped to your address. Therefore, we attempted to award you a full refund. Unfortunately, there were insufficient funds available in the seller's PayPal account to complete the refund.

We were able to recover a refund amount of $0.45 USD on your behalf.

PayPal does not consider this a satisfactory resolution of this complaint. We have taken action against this seller's account until the complaint has been resolved.

No further action is required of you at this time. We value your business and regret this experience.

Any portion of the payment which was funded with your credit card will be refunded directly to your credit card. Credits to a credit card generally take 2-3 business days to post, and may not be immediately reflected in the card's balance.

findme
New User

Sent: 04-08-2005 06:14

but then all the seller has to do is make a new account and scam again. so all there doing is prolonging the enivitable

ok here is my story.

i was wondering i sent a guy 75 dollars from my creditcard for virtual game money and he never gave me the virtual game money is there anyway to get my money back without actually having to go to court? is there some way to get the money back?

GiaCarangi
Active User

Sent: 03-31-2005 03:04

mojoServers,

If paypal recovered only partial money it's because all which was
in the sellers account at the time. Obciously, paypal put a block on the account. Seller will not add any more money.

<p>

Think about all the fraud which occurs on the internet each day, not every police dept has the time or pateince to investigate each complaint.
Especially when most buyers don't have receipts of payment or proof payment was actually received. What will happen is some police departments will automatically bury complaints steaming from auction sites as a waste of time. Especially when paypal blocks the information

<Smokinglala>
Not Registered

Sent: 03-19-2005 11:07

synder,

What happened to Synder, happened exactly the same to me. 1400 paid for a laptop and returned only 175. Mine was on 2/3 of this year. 3 days after his. Odd how it's so coincidental. What should we do?

DarkRose
New User

Sent: 03-16-2005 19:44

Is there anywhere to report fraud internationally?

Prev  16 - 30   31 - 45  46 - 60  61 - 75   76 - 77  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 5 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 1.1383 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software