NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: Someone else did it! Thread: If you are the victum of fraud, you should report it to the IC3 -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: If you are the victum of fraud, you should report it to the IC3
TLG
New User

If you are the victum of fraud, you should report it to the IC3
Sent: 01-05-2008 06:48

GOT A GREAT ONE FOR YOU... YESTERDAY, MY MOM GETS A CALL FROM HER CC. They wanted to know if she had bought $400. @ Victoria's Secret or Dr. J's clothing. She, of course, laughed... Then, she found out someone had created a PP account and ebay account under her cc. When we tried to get the info that "technically" belonged to her they refused to tell her anything. "Privacy Issues." The thief had "A Right to Privacy!~" Finally, I appealed to one of the PP reps, and he gave me the auction id. Dr. J's and Victoria's Secret were happy to give out info. I have never shopped these people, but they are HONEST!! Unlike PP and ebay. Infact, when we were trying to talk to ebay via my account/live help (you have to have an account to contact them) they were interested in me for having an account! We finally found out her "alleged" ebay ID, but with no help from ebay or PP!

CorporateRaider
New User

Sent: 11-24-2007 21:22

PaypalSucks,

How does one contact IC3? Sorry about the double submission. My laptop's touchplate (and the mouse) overheats and seems to have a mind of their own.

CorporateRaider
New User

Sent: 11-24-2007 21:05

ufdev,
PayPal does suck! They let two CRIMINAL SELLERS keep my money! In spite of evidence I gave them of the fraudulent and suspicious information on the Sellers they still allowed the Sellers to KEEP my money! The last time they didn't even bother to give the Seller 10 days after I escalated the dispute! They gave it to the SELLER right away! The seller was a company called SWREG WHO HAS A SOFTWARE program that claims to get rid of trojans, worms and hacking (found on a site I thought I could trust - zdnet). But they demand you buy the FULL version before they can give you the means to kill the trojans that had been sent to my computer(malacious back door,malware and spyware, etc!) They demanded 55.00 which I paid thru Paypal thinking they would protect me if something went wrong! What a horrible joke! AWREG was supposed to send my Reg Code along with a Full version (Trojan Guarder Gold) right after I paid! They didn't! By now the trojans were infecting my computer WITHOUT IMPEDIMENT and slowing down my computer; and all my confidential information was in danger and being compromised and/or stolen. I desperately looked up all the CONTACT info I had on this company after several hours had passed and NO Reg Code or full version. Every email was on auto and the only one that answered sent me an email saying they didn't work on the weekends! (It was by now Friday early evening and I had paid just after 4PM.) I wrote back BEGGING and PLEADING with them to send me the Reg Codes while I still could access my computer as the trojans and worms their software trial version had named had defined what they WERE and WHAT they were sent to DO to your computer, its confidential information, passwords and other areas it could access AT WILL! And that my computer was under ATTACK NOW!!! They ignored my pleas! By the next morning my computer was not able to access the internet and I had barely been able to sign on.
I double-checked that it just wasn't my modem that had went out by connecting up my laptop. The modem and the internet service was fine. The trojans had simply done what they were sent to do - maliciously attack my computer, disable it and compromise or steal all my confidential information! All thanks to SWREG! On my laptop I hurriedly changed passwords and codes to paypal, ebay and other accounts I had used.
So, I wrote PayPal and told them what had happened to my computer and that I had to buy a retail anti-virus software to clean it up (never worked. Not without access to internet or the trojans had gone too long infesting my computer) and then wrote SWREG that I wanted my money back as well. Telling them that no software was able to work and that it was too late to send any Reg Codes as I no longer had access to the infected computer. I also tried to do a System Restore. (Doesn't work! All it did was erase my trial version of Trojan Guarder Gold) Then I had to face the facts - I had to come up with the money to buy a new computer! I have been a writer for many years and had many articles, stories and books stored on that computer. Not to mention the working data and contacts I had to do writing jobs for. (I know about jump drives. Won't work on my computer. All USB ports are too slow. Unless you know one brand that works on SLOW speed. Most of my work has to be printed out and then retyped!!)
This time around I did some research on this company. The phone # they had listed with PayPal - NOT WORKING! I looked up their domain host and got an email address. It was never answered! I gave ALL this information to PayPal and they STILL decided in favor of SWREG!!
I just got the decision tonight from PayPal and wrote them back a scathing email and deleted ALL my credit cards from their site! If they are BIASED or INCAPABLE of making a decision to help the BUYER then my credit cards are not SAFE with them as far as I'm concerned!
I am looking for a lawyer to sue SWREG but not sure how far I can get. I might also sue PayPal but doubt anyone will support me! I just got scammed out of my MONEY and my COMPUTER by both PayPal and SWREG. The only recourse I have is to write my bank about the transaction and see what happens. I'm telling everyone I know and writing scathing articles about PayPal wherever I can get published.

biz
New User

Sent: 11-06-2007 07:11

IC3 is straight up bullshit. i got scammed for 300 some dollars via money order (and so did like 11 other people), and they didn't even respond.

ufdev
New User

Sent: 10-05-2007 09:39

PaypalSucks, I recently lost approx $2500 to a PayPal scam. PayPal sent me to collections over the issue in fact, even during the time I had an open dispute with them through the better business bureau. Oh well, that story is for another post. I reported this to the IC3 and have not received anything in response other than the original acceptance email; does this mean that noone is investigating?

harleygirl239
New User

Sent: 10-01-2007 11:27

PayPalTerminator, PPGIRL2
digitsync, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. All claims are handled by PayPal employees who work in the Protection Services department. They do begin in an automated state, where they first ask the seller for the tracking information. If that is not provided, the case closes, "no seller response" in the buyer's favor. If the seller provides the tracking number, then we email the buyer and give it to them. If its fake, the buyer then needs to contact us back and say, this isnt a valid number, all it shows is that a label was printed, whatever. Then we ask for a real tracking number, give the seller 3 days this time instead of the 10 days we give them when we first request a tracking number, then if the tracking # shows delivered to the buyer's address the claim closes. When a claim is escalated from a buyer dispute, but EITHER the buyer OR the seller, you are asking PayPal to step in and decide the claim and ask each party for all the information. If you don't provide it, you lose!

Now, for SNAD cases, they are different. They are automated, where the buyer escalates to a claim, "my item is fake, doesn't work, wrong color, stinks like poop, whatever. then we give the seller 10 days to give their side of the story. Then it sits and waits until someone can look at the case and make a decision, or ask for more information from either the buyer or the seller. Sometimes that does take 30 days because they get a lot of those cases. If you file a case claiming fraud, they are worked in the order they come. thats just the way it is. There should probably be a better system, but you have to deal with what you have. And report whatever you know to IC3 if you think you are being intentially defrauded. Most buyer claims are not for fraud, unless it's for counterfeit items. PayPal has a dedicated counterfeit team that looks at all the claims where the buyer states they didnt get an authentic item.
You people are liars, I provided all the delivery information and you still sided with the buyer even though there is a signature showing it delivered to him. So don't even go there. I've not only filed an internet crime complaint against the buyer but I've filed complaints with FTC & BBB against you people. I will also be having my attorney contact you with a lawsuit. I'm tired of being ripped off by PAYPAL and if I have anything to do with it I'm going to get someone to pay attention with National News programs and bring this to light. Looks like I have plenty of peole that have been ripped off. So don't even defend your practices as they are FRAUDULENT!!!!!!!!!!!

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 08-15-2007 21:44

well we all know what PayPal does is that they never admit anything wrong. They always try to put the blame on everyone else except them. They will send the buyer through 10000 loops and 90% of the time the buyer will do it because they dont know any better and they are so desprite to get their money back they dont think correctly.

x501
Big BOSS

Sent: 08-14-2007 16:06

PPgirl2, You guys give it out because you are inept at preventing it or doing anything about it. You advertise your security, but in the end all you do is let people get scammed and then give out the number to IC3. Do you have any idea how many complaints were filed with IC3 against PayPal?

And you give out their contact information. The irony is delicious and overwelming.

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-15-2007 21:32

PPgirl2,

ALL I KNOW THAT THIS WEBSITE IS CALLED PAYPALSUCKS.COM WHY WOULD ANYONE TALK TO THE ENEMY OR EVEN LISTEN TO THE ENEMY. WHY WOULD ANYONE TALK TO AN EMPLOYEE THAT THE PERSON GOT SCREWED OVER. LIKE I SAID BEFORE WATCH WHAT YOU SAY HERE BECAUSE THESE SPIES ARE HERE TO STEAL IDEAS AND MAKE YOUR LIVES EVEN MORE DIFFICULT.

PPgirl2
Active User

Sent: 07-15-2007 06:25

digitsync, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. All claims are handled by PayPal employees who work in the Protection Services department. They do begin in an automated state, where they first ask the seller for the tracking information. If that is not provided, the case closes, "no seller response" in the buyer's favor. If the seller provides the tracking number, then we email the buyer and give it to them. If its fake, the buyer then needs to contact us back and say, this isnt a valid number, all it shows is that a label was printed, whatever. Then we ask for a real tracking number, give the seller 3 days this time instead of the 10 days we give them when we first request a tracking number, then if the tracking # shows delivered to the buyer's address the claim closes. When a claim is escalated from a buyer dispute, but EITHER the buyer OR the seller, you are asking PayPal to step in and decide the claim and ask each party for all the information. If you don't provide it, you lose!

Now, for SNAD cases, they are different. They are automated, where the buyer escalates to a claim, "my item is fake, doesn't work, wrong color, stinks like poop, whatever. then we give the seller 10 days to give their side of the story. Then it sits and waits until someone can look at the case and make a decision, or ask for more information from either the buyer or the seller. Sometimes that does take 30 days because they get a lot of those cases. If you file a case claiming fraud, they are worked in the order they come. thats just the way it is. There should probably be a better system, but you have to deal with what you have. And report whatever you know to IC3 if you think you are being intentially defrauded. Most buyer claims are not for fraud, unless it's for counterfeit items. PayPal has a dedicated counterfeit team that looks at all the claims where the buyer states they didnt get an authentic item.

PPgirl2
Active User

Sent: 07-15-2007 06:16

PaypalSucks, yeah, you know if you call PayPal if you are the victim of an internet scam, we always give out IC3. Because if the transaction doesn't go through your paypal account, like these emails eBay sellers get from the person who won their auction after hijacking someone elses eBay account where it tells them to put in the tracking number for the shipment and then they will get the paypal funds deposited in their paypal account, then we can't help them.

Shadowknyght
New User

Sent: 07-02-2007 04:05

digitsync,

It takes thirty days not because it has to (i.e. because it takes nano seconds for them to close a claim) but because PayPal hopes people will sort out their own problems. If they can't pay pal simply closes the issue and ignores it.

So some one who wants to commit fraud simply has to send you a box - that is all - and if you by mistake mention you received said box, regardless of its content, during the dispute process then the second you raise the dispute to a claim pay pal will close you down. "attributes and quality" excuse. And you can not raise a second claim on the same transaction - that is forbidden - almost like burning a flag - big no no! i.e. that would mean you might be able to sus the system out, try again and say you received nothing.

Also if you email complaints department about it they will say - the dispute system is user initiated - we can not change the facts of the case after it has been entered... well excuse me - but if I am the user that initiated the dispute then shouldn't I be allowed to change / update the reasons given - "NO GOD has spoken - go away" - oh and please come again. Anything else I can help you with...

Then they will send you a customer service survey to see how well they did!? are you happy?

Reason for my rant:
http://www.cyber-mag.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1424

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 04-18-2007 17:47

digitsync,

First off, it all comes down to common sense, a few percentage of people actually have common sense. And because of that PayPal doesnt want to be stuck holding the funds, but they put themselves in that position to begin with. PayPal sucks it sucks big time.

But if your a seller on eBay you have to take PayPal because all those moron members on eBay think PayPal is the way to go. These idiot bidders will not click a link in the sellers email address even though its a point blank straight link with nothing hidden. They hear on the news - to not click on a link in an email or you could get your account hacked without knowing anything. They just hear oh dont ever click on a link in an email or you'll get hacked they just go all paranoid and refuse to pay the seller.

There's no way around it if you do business on eBay, you have to take PayPal, because of those idiot people (buyers) believe anything they hear from a total stranger. Fraud happens not because of the person attempting to commit fraud, but by the actual so called victim. They are too lazy and dumb to take the necessary steps to use common sense. If the so called victim has any brains whatsoever, they'd know it instantly.

Thats why alot of things are prevented after something happens never before.

royalgfx
New User

Sent: 04-17-2007 08:50

How long does it take for the IC3 to reply after you file your complaint?

digitsync
New User

Sent: 03-05-2007 14:10

DerekUGA,

Paypal don't do a thing, they just send your complaint message to the other party, and hope
both parties come to a solution, if there is no answer or solution from both parties on the 30 days,
the computer bring the case to the "inspector" could be another computer program then decide how to
deal with the case (refund the buyer from seller's account.)

I've checked out the seller's register info on Paypal, the first name does not match with the name
with the email from him to me, the shipping address was c/o of a company whom I've called and found
out that no one know of such person. I called Paypal to bring them to the attention of possible fraud,
they are no doing any thing until 30 days, why take 30 days to take an action? <- computer program.

Any way, allow someone to register on Paypal using different name or address and allow a claim case
to be continue for 30 days before taking any action is just a bad policy.

I've print out all the documents and file a mail fraud case against the seller - in Paypal
online statement he indicated tracking number which when checked online it was never drop
off with the USPS.

You can't be too careful when you send money off via Paypal. Paypal do suck, make sure you
can afford to loose that payment or wait for 30 days, save and print all documents related
to your transaction, they might be removed from system after 30 days. Most of all, don't
keep high balance in your account if you use Paypal and don't count on their verified user
information.

Why profit Paypal when they are not on your side? Small transaction only, keep your balance
low!

1 - 15  16 - 30   31 - 45   46 - 60   61 - 75  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102968
This page was built together in: 1.0183 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative