NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: Someone else did it! Thread: Limited account questions..... -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Limited account questions.....
pwnagecss
New User

Limited account questions.....
Sent: 01-12-2009 18:17

I have been receiving phishing emails from obviously a fake account, I sadly opened them and read them....I NEVER put any of my information in....I forwarded all of my emails to paypals fraud email address. On new years day, I found out that my account was "Limited". Someone had apparently gotten into my account and they tried to charge $4200 mexican pesos, aka $320 US dollars. My password was not easy.......I talked to paypal, my account isn't limited anymore...

My question should be:
How did they get my login info.....Keylogger OR Paypal got hacked into...I was using my one week old computer, so I doubt a keylogger could do anything.
How much information could they have gotten? My address,bank info, SSID?????
Should I sign up for theft monitoring? I am more worried that they might have gotten my social number.....I was able to stop the money from ever getting out.........

Any comments to what I should do? I am considering taking my bank account off of paypal and linking a CREDIT CARD, so I can easily refuse payment.

Should I also reformat to rule out any keyloggers???......this is terrid...

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.2624 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software