NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal » Horror Stories: Someone else did it! » Thread: can seller win a SNAD? -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: can seller win a SNAD?
Ranasaur
New User

can seller win a SNAD?
Sent: 01-30-2009 09:17

buckthomas, that's interesting, because I was about to get screwed and the buyer bought from me directly via a paypal deal outside of ebay. I'm 99% certain that had I posted the item, the buyer would have filed for SNAD and sent me back an empty package so that I could sign for it and get screwed by paypal refunding him.

The whole thing is quite shocking.

This site in itself can be a bad thing if the wrong people are reading the tips here to help them scam others as there's noprotection for sellers against a SNAD claim...

buckthomas
New User

can seller win a SNAD?
Sent: 01-29-2009 15:09

Q: "can a seller win a SNAD?"
A: Sure, just dont sell on ebay where PayPals policy is different.

Here is their extra-eBay policy that screwed me when I got scammed by using PayPal to pay for an item that didnt resemble the item advertised:
"PayPal will generally make a final decision for an Item Not Received (INR) Claim, but will NOT [emphasis added] make a final decision for a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claim, or Claims involving the following purchases: intangible items, licenses, airline flight tickets, services, vehicles, live auctions, real estate, classified ads on eBay, or other items as determined by PayPal (collectively “Ineligible Items”). This means that unless the seller voluntarily refunds your money, you will not recover any amounts for a SNAD Claim or a Claim for an Ineligible Item filed under the Buyer Complaint Policy."
So PayPal plays bothsides of the field, letting sellers get raped on e-bay, while buyers get raped everywhere else. Meanwhile, they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Ranasaur
New User

can seller win a SNAD?
Sent: 01-20-2009 04:16

I'm in a very similar situation.

6th Jan payment recived for an item (engine injectors). 13th Jan I get email from paypal telling me they're freezing my account due to "Unauthorised Payment Details" and in the details it says "The buyers bank has reversed this payment". I email the buyer (outside of paypal) and he says he doesnt know why his bank has done this etc and he will pay me with a bank transfer (i gave him my details via email but no payment recieved) or his brother-in-law's paypal account.

I need to respond to the paypal dispute by 21st Jan or they'll refund him his money. Now I should let you guys know that I was planning to post the item on the 15th Jan and thankfully I saw the paypal dispute before I sent it, so at least I still have my item (value $360USD). My only options are to:

a) provide proof of a tracking number
b) provide proof of a refund
c) accept liability for this transaction

what would i be accepting liability to with option c??

im assuming even if i do post the item now and give a tracking number to paypal, the buyer will just take the item and claim that i'vesent him nothing, right? if he does that, i'm gonna be just as screwed as the guy below, because the buyer will more than likely send me a bogus package and once i've signed for it - that's it, im screwed.

advise please.

lanier12
New User

can seller win a SNAD?
Sent: 01-11-2009 16:12

im sorry dont mean to bust ya bubble but you will lose i know this i was in same situation best thing u can do is do a stop payment at your bank cause thats how buyers are protected paypal robs the sellers bank for the funds paypal has never had to pay a buyer lmao ir u do a stop payment they will tell the buyer(im sorry the seller does not have the funds)what a crock of shi*(my favrite saying dont worry your protected under paypals buyer policy lmmfao>>>

chaoscreatpr
New User

can seller win a SNAD?
Sent: 01-06-2009 05:47

So here is what happened:

I sold some sporting tickets for nearly $700. I mailed the tickets USPS, buyer received package, then emailed me asking where the tickets were. He filed SNAD with Paypal claiming he received an empty envelope.

From my understanding, all he has to do and send me that empty envelope, with tracking, claiming he returned the item, and Paypal will decide in his favor. Is this correct? Is there any chance of me winning this case? We know darn well he has the tickets and will just send me an empty envelope. How can he prove that he never got them? How can he prove that he sent them back(not just an empty envelope)? I guess the same way I can prove that I sent the tickets, I can't.

What if I refuse delivery from the PO? Will it still show that he attempted to return the item and thus rule in his favor?

Please help, do I have any chance of winning?

Lastly, if I lose this case, can paypal remove money from my bank or CC, or could I just leave my account negative and never use it again?

Thanks!

Statistics

Currently Online: 3 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.5282 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software