NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: Someone else did it! Thread: I must be selling a free product??? -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: I must be selling a free product???
<bob>
Not Registered

I must be selling a free product???
Sent: 08-04-2003 23:08

<PayMeExpert>,
"You are not the first one to think of this and PayPal awares of this.
It simply won't work! NICE TRY but PayPal is more sneaky than anyone else.

When you cash out your money and buyer complained and have a charge back, you will not have money in the PayPal account to give back to the buyer and your account will go negative balance. After that PayPal will inform the buyer by email that the complain is complete BUT the seller account doesn't have enough fund for charge back. So the buyer won the case but with ZERO money back!!! PayPal will NEVER pay ANYONE money by themselves!!! PayPal will only take funds from this account to that account but when there's not enough funds from an account. They just stop the transaction!

NICE TRY BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!"

if they pay by credit card, it will. they can cancel the payments through their credit card company. and paypal foots the bill. that is what is happening to me right now, i have a negative balance, and im not going to pay. the person that canceled on me is canceling the payment from their credit card and paypal has to give the money back to them.

<Curt>
Not Registered

Sent: 08-01-2003 16:51

Here is a typical response from PAYPAL:

Even though the Customer took delivery of my product and I provided the proof of delivery to Paypal the Customer the customer gets to keep the product and over one thousand dollars of my money. Read below than cancel your Paypal account today....... Notice below "IF" the customer returns the item provide a credit. They already issued the credit to my paypal and gave the customer their money back. This can happen to you. I've lost over 10 thousand dollars because Paypal has no backbone. You can count me in on any class action lawsuit. I've documented every instance......... PLEASE READ ON......JUST REMEMBER THIS CAN HAPPEN TO YOU IN A BLINK OF A EYE!

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:complaint-resolution@paypal.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 3:28 PM
Subject: PayPal: Resolution of Buyer Complaint Case #

Dear xxxx,

PayPal has concluded our investigation of the following Buyer Complaint:

------------------------------
Complaint Details
------------------------------

Transaction Date: Jun 30, 2003
Transaction Amount: -$1,130.00
Case Number:
Buyer's Name: Donald Hasler
Buyer's Email: hasler41@earthlink.net

Thank you for providing the requested information in a timely manner.

As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy
only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the
attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, this investigation
has been closed and no action has been taken. If the buyer returns
the item, please provide a refund consistent with your return policy.

Thank you again for your cooperation with our investigation.

Sincerely,

PayPal Protection Services Department

----------------- HERE'S MY RESPONSE TO THEIR E-MAIL -----------------

Typical Response from "PAYPAL". I guess the next thing you say is call the client and tell them to return the "OPENED SOFTWARE" that is already loaded on their computer. You never stand behind the merchant. You've given thousand of dollars of my product away! Once the buyer has it do you really think that they are going to return it! Even if they did return it....it's already loaded on their computer.....do you understand what I'm saying here. The merchant provides proof that the product is delivered and you let them keep it. I think that I'm just going to start buying anything and everything that I can from ebay and than call PAYPAL or my credit card company and say anything and you will give me money back. Than I get to keep it. What a scam and you let everyone get away with it! It's that easy with you. I'm not the only one that see's this injustice. See http://www.paypalsucks.com Need I say more. I will post your response! Maybe if you were FDIC approved you wouldn't act this way.

<PayMeExpert>
Not Registered

It won't work.
Sent: 07-24-2003 17:33

You are not the first one to think of this and PayPal awares of this.
It simply won't work! NICE TRY but PayPal is more sneaky than anyone else.

When you cash out your money and buyer complained and have a charge back, you will not have money in the PayPal account to give back to the buyer and your account will go negative balance. After that PayPal will inform the buyer by email that the complain is complete BUT the seller account doesn't have enough fund for charge back. So the buyer won the case but with ZERO money back!!! PayPal will NEVER pay ANYONE money by themselves!!! PayPal will only take funds from this account to that account but when there's not enough funds from an account. They just stop the transaction!

NICE TRY BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!

fjrllc

Sent: 07-24-2003 16:42

madclicker, I had a similar experience with selling eBooks on PayPal - scam-artist customers would buy and demand a refund 3 minutes later claiming product dissatifaction although they obviously hadn't had time to even LOOK at it, let alone read it. They all seem to know that PayPal honors all chargebacks so I'm assuming these people pull this all the time. It only costs .89 cents to mail a CD-ROM first class + .55 cents for delivery confirmation so that's how I handle it now, and surprisingly it hasn't hurt sales compared to the eBook. Mailing them out is a pain but I haven't had disputes or chargebacks since I started mailing.

Also, never sell to anyone who requests more information on your refund policy before buying. As for me, 100% of those people demanded refunds and are ripoff artists looking for free product. As soon as someone even asks about my refund policy I "blacklist" them and send an immediate refund if they do happen to buy. This may seem over-cautious but I'd rather live without the chargebacks.

DigiBuy is a good service if you're selling a downloadable product. They seem to give sellers the benefit of the doubt when an issue does arise. I've been happy with them so far although the fees are too high. If something comes up you'll get a phone call from a live person rather than finding out that your account has been "frozen" as is the case with PayPal.

JewPal2000

Sent: 07-17-2003 22:38

madclicker, Linch JewPal for this!

At Http://www.thesoftwarecastle.com/members/ppweb/index.html

madclicker
New User

Sent: 07-16-2003 16:02

madclicker,

Hmmm kinda makes me think..
Paypal gave them their money back out of their pocket since I had no funds in the Paypal account OR my bank account..They are out $300 now...since I surely wont be depositing any funds to my associated bank account for them to recoup..

So lets retaliate using their system against them.
Register a new Paypal account. Keep a ZERO BALANCE and a ZERO balance in the associated bank account.
Now have ALL your friends Paypal you $300. Immediatly withdraw the funds using your handy Paypal debit card. Once you have your cash form all 10,000 people who sent it to you, instruct them ALL to do chargebacks.
You have your money and your friends get theirs back in the chargeback.
All out of Paypals pocket..Split the profits with your friends!!!
DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK!!!

Paypal does suck and we should all take THEIR money from them!!!
The above example of 10,000 people getting $300 chargebacks would cost Paypal $3,000,000.00
Lets see how they like it..
Anybody care to help organize this event??
Should be done using many different accounts so they dont catch on fast enough to stop us...
Now imagine 100,000 people doing it...That would cost them $30,000,000.00 and would surely close their crooked doors forever!!!

madclicker
New User

Sent: 07-16-2003 15:26

I sell software from my website.
I accepted Paypal for years with no problem UNTIL NOW...
After trying my online demo and asking all pertinant questions, a client orders my software, I take my time and install it for free on their server. 4 months after installation(delivery of product) the "client" (who now decides he doesnt want to run the software or his server cannot handle it)does a chargeback claiming poor quality product..Paypal allows the reversal. i contact Paypal and am informed that I have ZERO seller protection because the product was not mailed and I have no tracking number..

DONT SELL SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING ELSE AND ACCEPT PAYPAL PAYMENTS OR YOU WILL BE GIVING YOUR PROUCT AWAY FOR FREE!!!

Anybody have any idea what I can do about this???

Thanks
Madclicker

Statistics

Currently Online: 11 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.5696 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative