NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: Someone else did it! Thread: Charge.com / Pipeline Data Processing inc. / CTS Holdings LLC -- Page 4 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Charge.com / Pipeline Data Processing inc. / CTS Holdings LLC
olgirl31
New User

Charge.com / Pipeline Data Processing inc. / CTS Holdings LLC
Sent: 07-10-2007 01:24

OBIEJAY,
I am trying to open a little online store and talked with Charge.com about needing a credit card processor. I filled out an application online and the next thing you know Pipeline Data is contacting me through email with "my account info". Then I get my bank statement last month and low and behold its "settlements CTS HOLDINGS,LLC on my bank statemtent. My store is not even open yet or close to it. I have not even tried nor know how to try to accept a credit card. I was trying to cordinate between my website and processor and charge.com was not on the list of processors. So I emailed them and told them they would not be compatible with the software my host was using and the next thing is Authorize.net contacting me for charge.com. I thought you would still have to accept and sign a contract or something. Apparently a application is all it takes. What is to say I want to agree to their terms and rates if they accept my application. I want to get my money back because I never even tried to use this companies service. Any help greatly appreciated or advice.

edquip
New User

Sent: 06-20-2007 12:10

Read contracts before you sign them! This company hasn't done anything outside of the law. I hear a lot of whining for a problem that was self-inflicted.
The alternative is to process through your bank and pay three times the rate.

thedamnshop
New User

Sent: 06-10-2007 20:06

discountuniverse, First off, you are barking up the entirely wrong tree when it comes to reporting the unacceptable conduct of Charge.com, Pipeline Data and CTS Holdings, you can scream unitl you are blue in the face at the US Attorney General, you can cry to the FBI all you want without result, BUT...Contact your local branch on the U.S. Secret Service and let Charge.com, Pipeline Data and CTS Holding know that you are about to open dialogue with the U.S. Secret Service, and well, lets just say they become a whole hell of alot more accomodating and quick.

You see, there is a little known thing called PCI DSS (http://www.pcisecuritystandards.org) which is made up of the five major credit card issuers, VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, AMEX and JCB, and its is and has agreed to work very closely with the U.S. Treasury Department and U. S. Secret Service for enforcement needs.

I too am a customer with Charge.com, and after I took them to the mat, well lets jsut say that it changed the whole picture they were attempting to paints as me the customer.

Now I have an assigned representative and issues with regard to trasnaction settlement has all but becomes and thing of the past.

GIVE IT A TRY!

rehottie007
New User

Sent: 04-11-2007 19:02

Hi Troubled,
I definitely understand your frustrations with this company, that's why it is always best to do research before signing any contract or agreements. I feel your frustration should be with the company itself not the individuals handling your case, because they are being told by the higher ups in the company what to tell the merchant. if Mr. Hodges is the manager I would definitely deal directly with him.I had to deal with him on several occasions and he would not return calls and tell the person handling my file what his decision was without giving an explanation why. I recently used them as my processor and my agreement ended, the experience was one I would not want to go through again. What you must realize is that the associates that contact you are not the ones making the decision to release funds or cancel your accounts, it's the managers and directors of this company.. Entry level employees can't make decisions of this nature.. In my experience with this company I was going through a similar situation and the associate handling my case, forwarded my file to management and management kept it on his desk for at least a week before reviewing, so everytime I contacted the associate dealing with my file, she had no idea what was going on because the manager was just sitting on the file. I know you may be upset with the associate, This company deals mostly with low credit scores or merchants that don't want to go to a bigger processor such as bank of america, wells fargo and rbs lynk. I realized in the end of my experience with this company you get what you pay for, when you try to take the easy way out or you go for the lowest rates with a fairly new processing company. I definitely would not use this company again. I had to wait 180 days for my funds, if you want your funds, tell the cardholder to dispute the charge. I'm not sure what the situation was with you,but those are the only 2 options, if you want your money now... Another thing I learned about companies of this nature is that if you black ball one of them you will have problems getting accounts with other processing companies. I would report it to the BBB.. It took more energy for you to setup this web page smashing this company then anything else, why give them that much energy it's not worth it. Besides you could be sued for slaunder by using there names in this manner on a website. So by the name you resolve one situation you may be in a worse situation.

AnanyMous
New User

Sent: 04-01-2007 23:44

These guys are walking a fine line with all kinds of contract laws as they pertain to Fair Business Practice Laws in most states.

1. You typically sign up over the phone where the sales person does not mention the terms of service or a contract.
2. The application itself states it is a "Proxy for the contract that is to follow". So you are put into a position where you must agree to terms that you don't see beforehand.
3. The terms of service are never mailed or specifically sent to you. Nor are they easy to find on their many websites. You must ask for them.
In short, these guys are signing people up with an application, then slamming them once they're customers.

Beyond the suspect contract practices, they are leveraging legitimate laws to their favor. They do have the right to hold funds for up to 180 days, but they excessively abuse this right, often holding business owners hostage. It would be different if they clearly stated that it is their policy to hold all funds for 180 days. However, they make the poor business owners jump hoops to get invoices, shipping slips, leases, bank statement, and other ridiculous documents in order to stretch out the weeks and months that it takes for business owners to get their money. Small business owners are left to pay their bills with credit cards or forced to shut down because they can't get their money from the hands of their credit card processor.

If Pipeline Data's actions are legal, then they're barely legal. This is a shady, unethical operation that Wells Fargo, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and AMEX should be ashamed to do business with.

I got my money back but only after I threatened them with legal action. The last poster is right, you all need to file a complaint with the States Attorney General in Georgia, Massachusetts, and the state you live in; also with the Federal Trade Commission and the Office of the Controller of the Currency. Forget the Better Business Bureau; They're an impotent organization that is basically ignored by these types of companies.

Listed below are some key personnel at Charge/Pipeline Data Processing.

Anthony Bonventre
Director, Risk Management
A.Bonventure@pipelinedata.com
Anthony.Bonventure@pipelinedata.com

Kevin Smith
COO; President, Pipeline Data Processing
K.Smith@pipelinedata.com
Kevin.Smith@pipelinedata.comThomas

Kevin Weller
Director; President, Northern Merchant Services
K.Weller@pipelinedata.com
Kevin.Weller@pipelinedata.com

Donald Gruneisen
Treasurer and Controller
D.Gruneisen@pipelinedata.com
Donald.Gruneisen@pipelinedata.com

Debbie Hoch
VP, Sales
D.Hoch@pipelinedata.com
Debbie.Hoch@pipelinedata.com

James Plappert
Chief Marketing Officer
J.Plappert@pipelinedata.com
James.Plappert@pipelinedata.com

Jack Rubinstein
Chairman
J.Rubinstein@pipelinedata.com
Jack.Rubinstein@pipelinedata.com

MacAllister Smith
President, CEO, and Director, Pipeline Data and SecurePay
M.Smith@pipelinedata.com
MacAllister.Smith@pipelinedata.com

tuttyfrutty
New User

Sent: 03-28-2007 15:53

FIND OUT WHAT STATE THEY ARE IN CALL THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE OR GO ONLINE AND FIND IT AND FILE A COMPLAINTS.
I PROMISE THAT THEY WILL DO SOMETHING WITH ALL THESE COMPLAINTS
ALSO CONTACT THERE LOCAL BBB
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT TODAY THEY WILL STEP IN AND DO SOMETHING

tuttyfrutty
New User

Sent: 03-28-2007 15:46

Well they got me too. Listen to this. I found them online and called them. They explained all sorts of things to do with the machine and charges that would apply. Well they told me that I had fill out the application and sigh it. So I did. I never agreed to anything cause it would be a few months before I opened my business but I told them I was very interested. Well by me sighning the application they told me it was also a 36 month contract! I didn't find this out till I seen they were taking money out of my account for somthing I have never even recieve. I don't have a debit machine, credit machine, NOTHING! So I contacted my bank and made them reverse the fees they have been charging me and I recieved an email from them PIPELINE DATA stating they are closing my account and I am still responsable to pay the full contract. Well I wrote them a threatening email stating that if they emailed me one more time I would contact the BBB and the State Attorney Generals office. This is what everyone needs to do and put a stop to these crooks. I am telling you if you don't complain to proper authorities nothing will be done. By us that have had bad deals with these people we can spread the word by contacting these people and filing complaints. Most people do check the BBB and such when dealing with companies to find out what their reputation are this will stay on their record for 3 years for the world to see.
Lisa

OBIEJAY
New User

Sent: 02-08-2007 18:48

Auroracandles, IM ALSO A VICTIM OF THIS COMPANY, BUT I NEVER SET UP MY MERCHANT ACCOUNT! IM BEING CHARGED MONTHLY FEES AND WHEN THEY OVER CHARGED ME THEY SAID THEY WOULD CREDIT MY ACCOUNT BY THE NEXT BILLING CYCLE AND IM STILL WAITING. WHEN I TOLD THEM THAT I WANTED TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT THEY TOLD ME THAT I HAVE TO PAY $300 THAT WILL BE BILLED IN 10 DAYS. SO THEY CAN TAKE THE MONEY THATS OWED TO THEM IN 10 DAYS BUT WHEN THEY OWE ME MONEY I HAVE TO WAIT 30 DAYS BUT YET ITS BEEN 2 OR 3 MONTHS I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY THEM THE $300 DOLLARS. I SUGGEST EVERYONE FILE A REPORT TO THE B.B.B. AND ANYONE THINKING ABOUT OPENING AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM STAY AWAY IF ANYONE HAS INFO ON HOW I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK PLEASE EMAIL ME JAYOBIE@COMCAST.NET

Shoremarketing
New User

Sent: 01-02-2007 18:01

I have had a complete nightmare over Pipeline Data. I had my first transactions funds held as an open security ticket and got an email sent from a Mrs Adams. The email stated that the transaction had an open security verification ticket and the funds would be held until I proved shipping, Site Inventory etc. After calling her every 10 minuets for three days I finally got a return call. The information was provided to them instantly and it took over three weeks to get money deposited in my account and telling her that I was going to call the state board commision to report them as well as Better Business. My money was refunded in two days. After not using them for quite sometime they send me a letter stating that I need to get my account status straight from a past due balance. They are supposed to be duducting fees automatically but apparently they are not. These guys approve fast and offer limited to no customer service and rarley when you get in touch does anyone know whats going on. Too many indians and no chiefs. Very poor rating in our book and we choose to use Authorize.net and get away from pipeline and the 300 charge for the contract that they will never get. Very bad experience indeed. Dont use these guys unless you love nightmares.

distanthero
New User

Sent: 12-19-2006 11:28

ReneeC, I have been waiting for my money for 1 year. Their have only been 2 chargebacks (which I would have won) out of like 70 transactions. They are only authorized to hold it for 180-270 days supposedly. Well first they said 180 days then it magically changed to 270 days. I have been waiting 350 days and still no money. These bastards owe me $4800 and now when I try to call pipeline it says the number is disconnected. Can I sue them for breach of contract / pain and suffering? I have to take medication because of this. I lost my business. I got evicted from my apartment. Such promise all thrown down the drain because of these parasites.

ReneeC
New User

Sent: 12-01-2006 23:40

gtrmichael,

I would like to know how your fight is going as the very same thing just happened to me today? I looked at my account and I had $300.00 taken two weeks after I cancelled my account. I would like to band together and from this forum I am not the only one being robbed by pipeline data

ReneeC
New User

Sent: 12-01-2006 23:34

trollbasher,

This is exactly what happened to me I started my business in September had some family issues and had to shut it down. I faxed my cancellation letter as requested and thought ok great Its cancelled. AT NO TIME did anyone tell me that on November 16th 2006 my account was cancelled not one email or call, At no time did pipeline data inform me that they would be charging my account $300.00 for an early termination fee. This was not stated when I signed up hell thats why I signed up because their fees were low and they did not charge a fee. So now It is December 1st and I looked at my bank account and low and behold $300.00 charged a full two weeks after I cancel my account. This is theft in its worst form and I have contacted my bank to let them know that this charge was not authorized by me. If anyone has any information about this I would appreciate it. I would like to know what others have done to resolve this and if it has been resolved or should I file?

Willz
New User

Sent: 10-11-2006 11:53

I started to sign up for Charge.com, I didn't complete it, I didn't like the TOS, anyways I don't have an account with them but they charge me anyways? whats up with that

gtrmichael
New User

Sent: 09-19-2006 05:27

I am fighting the same shameful $300 cancellation fee. I am just starting to fight this. Let me know if you want to band together.

madmindz
New User

Sent: 09-11-2006 12:22

floors, I just read all the post here after finding out that CTS Holdings is taking merchant fees out of my bank account. You may be wondering so? Well to make a long story short I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH CHARGE.COM. I was seeking a merchant provider a few months ago did an application with charge.com, but after reviewing there credibility I decided not to go further. I did not sign anything which involved a contract. Now I am being charged a monthly fee. I first called my bank who placed a stop payment, (which is where my merchant account is now) then called CTS, who told me to get in touch with pipeline data. I finally got through to pipeline and the first rep said she would email me a form for cancellation, but could not deal with a refund she would have to transfer me for that. On hearing about the refund request, it sounded as if she was very perturbed...anyway i was transfered to a nice gentleman who answered the phone. I introduced myself and the minute i mentioned refund to my amazement i was imediately transfered to an extension which i couldn't leave a message on.....I am now a believer.

Prev  16 - 30   31 - 45  46 - 60  61 - 75   76 - 83  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 7 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 2.4705 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software