NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: Someone else did it! Thread: Charge.com / Pipeline Data Processing inc. / CTS Holdings LLC -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Charge.com / Pipeline Data Processing inc. / CTS Holdings LLC
diastole
New User

Charge.com / Pipeline Data Processing inc. / CTS Holdings LLC
Sent: 03-10-2009 04:59

On December 5, 2008, I received a letter dated November 25, 2008. The letter stated that Pipeline Data Processing would be enrolling me into a Compliance Check for $150 "in the beginning of December. I called them immediately that eve. only to hear the office was closed. I own a retail store (it is the Christmas Holiday and notice the letter was mailed during the busiest time of the year for retail). I knew this was a scam given the time of year it was sent. They knew I would never cancel the account. How would I ever find time to research another company and risk losing all the credit card sales. I called them again and told them that under no circumstances was I agreeing to this. The representative send you are under contract and we can change the fees at any time we like. I agreed but not without sufficient notice to me - she disagreed and end of discussion. I with the BBB in Atlanta, Ga. which in my opinion was a waste of time. I immediately went to my bank filled out an affidavit stating that $150 was taken unauthorized from my account. It was put back. I called Pipeline on December 27, 2008 and closed my account. I explained why, she could have cared less. She emailed me a "Cancellation form" which I filled out and faxed back. On February 7, 2009, I received a statement from Pipeline for $8.75 - their statement fee. I called and said, give the money back I cancelled my account in December. She said it takes 7-10 business days to process those requests (ha!) and so I was still a customer in January by their standards. I hung up, marched to the bank, filled out a form and again the money was put back. On 3/3/09, I received a letter from Pipeline that they will be reporting my to all three major credit bureaus. Someone has got to help us. This is a huge scam!!!!

diastole
New User

Sent: 03-10-2009 04:24

Quote:
I was charged $150 for the PCI certification program which I never agreed to. I actually emailed them and told them they did not have my permission to take the money and that I didn't agree to the program, but they took the money anyway. I also was charged $300 when I canceled my account and now I am getting collections notices and threats that they will report it to my credit.

They are crooks! If there is a class-action law suit, I am in!

Sober
New User

Sent: 03-06-2009 08:51

I was charged $150 for the PCI certification program which I never agreed to. I actually emailed them and told them they did not have my permission to take the money and that I didn't agree to the program, but they took the money anyway. I also was charged $300 when I canceled my account and now I am getting collections notices and threats that they will report it to my credit.

They are crooks! If there is a class-action law suit, I am in!

Flamingohaircuts
New User

Sent: 02-04-2009 14:48

Not-really-stupid, I was selected for a random audit after signing up with pipeline. They stated audit either occurred because I was a new merchant or unusual activity had occurred on account. At that time they asked for some bank statements. Then they asked for signed customer receipts. I proved all docs they requested. I also proved docs showing I have never had a charge back.. They are now holding my funds in the amount of $1200. for 180 days. My concern is they will no longer be in business. Check out their rating with the BBB in Georgia. It's a D-. My contacts were from Georgia. I will now try and complain to corporate office in Quincy Mass.

Not-really-stupid
New User

Pipeline Data - MA corporate address etc.
Sent: 01-28-2009 14:06

If you google "pipeline data processing quincy ma" and click on the second link, there's lots of information, including the actual address in Quincy MA, names of board of director members, etc.

1515 Han**** Street (those 4 asterisks are this forums attempt to keep it clean. The name of the street is actually Han... and the last four begin "C" and would be a curse word if standing alone).
Suite 301
Han**** Plaza
Quincy, MA

617 405-2600

Mr. Jack Rubinstein
Chairman

Mr. MacAllister Smith
Mr. Kevin J. Weller
Mr. Harold Denton
Mr. Lawrance Goldstein
Mr. Michael M. Greenburg
Mr. John M. Reeder

THEY ALSO APPEAR TO BE BUYING UP OTHER PROCESSING COMPANIES - so be careful about whoever you sign up to use for credit card processing.

I've gotten out early. They tried to hold my very first charge. I refunded to the client instead and they will pay me by other means. I swallow my lumps, swallow the $150 and the $300 and be glad to get off easy.

I also thank those who've posted here. Without your posts, I would be naively providing documentation and waiting for payment.

If anyone does spearhead a class action suit, count me in. I may have been skinned for little, but I live an easy drive from Quincy and will happily show up in court in person. I clean up nice, I'm sharp, and I'll fight like all get-out if it will help those who've been hurt badly by this crook to get some of their money back.

wendy at artform dot biz

bbraddock
New User

Sent: 01-15-2009 06:59

John80y, I'm glad your bank is on the job. I have received emails from Pipeline which say they report to the 3 credit bureaus and I have gathered all my information in anticipation of that event. I was reading an email I received and put in my file a long time ago that suggested if your cc was stolen to call those 3 to protect your credit. I have decided to do that to alert them to my problems with Pipeline, hoping that it will be easier to stop it going on my credit report than having it removed. I will keep you posted on any of my results. I feel that timing things around the busy holidays, Pipeline hopes to sneak these things past us while we are otherwise occupied. I can't believe companies like this can't be shut down.

John80y
New User

Sent: 01-06-2009 17:14

bbraddock,

I took your advice and went to bank, they cancelled all available ACH debits/credits and they also are disputing the $150 PCI compliance fee.. I do owe them Money for processing for 2 weeks in december, which I don't have a problem paying, they cannot ach from my account though, they will have to send me a bill and I will send them a check.

alangreenbrg
New User

Sent: 01-06-2009 03:27

bbraddock, I know Pipeline was successfully sued by a Virginia-based PR agency for such practices and had to pay over $800,000 in compensation. The info on the law suit is somewhere in this forum. - Alan

bbraddock
New User

Sent: 01-05-2009 16:55

John80y, I so feel for you. I was just charged the same $150.00 fee by Pipline Data/ CTS Holdings. I received the notice Dec. 1st and filled out a cancellation form. On Dec. 18, I checked my bank account online and Pipeline was using a ACH transfer to take $150.00 out of my account and it was processing, not yet complete. I went to my bank and they stopped the transaction. Actually, they reversed it. I filled out an affidavit at the bank stating that the charge was unauthorized. You need to talk to your bank. They will reverse it if you notify them in a timely manner and sign the form. Pipeline tried 2 days later to take $300. for a cancellation fee, which was not in my agreement and the PCI fee or any unauthorized fee is also reason for cancellation in their agreement. I did the same thing with that charge. My bank reversed the transfer. There are rules they have to go by on ACH transfers and except for the monthly fees, they have to notify you in writing all the specifics of any debits to your account. Go to your bank and deal with it cause if you let it go too long before notifying them you may not be able to get the money back. Pipeline won't give it to you. They are trying to collect from me through emails now that my bank got my money back. My concern now is that they report to the credit bureaus and I have to clean that up. Good luck. I hope you get your money.

John80y
New User

Sent: 01-01-2009 11:55

I've been a Paynet customer for 3 years and processing was going OK, it seemed like they changed their fee's on me every 4 or 5 months and eventually it became too much so I decided to look into other merchant accounts, however this is not my gripe. On Dec 9th I received a letter I was going to be charged $150 to PCI compliance, I had already spent a bunch of money attaining PCI compliance with hackersafe and I emailed them my certificate that i was already PCI Compliant, I never received a response. On Dec 22nd they debited my account for the $150, their terms and conditins state they must give 20 days notice to any changes in rates/fee's and therefore I had not received the required amount of time. I cancelled my account that day, never received a response. Again on the 24th I sent the cancellation letter, no response yet. I have just filed with the BBB and will be filing with the Attourney General in MA/RI to get my $150 back.

PPTerminator-
Big BOSS

Sent: 11-13-2008 22:14

needhelp911,

Let me tell you about Charge.Com Pipeline. Stay away from them period! We did the Charge.com application, received about 40 or 50 automated emails. Never told us that we got approved or anything. The application requires you to enter your bank account info. Without any approval or anything, they debited our bank account. When you called them, it sounds like a bunch of kids at a club. We called them to see what the fuc k they were doing, on the phone we heard Spanish Club music being blasted in the background. Like we called some kids cell phone while he was driving and he had his radio blasted.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

needhelp911
New User

Sent: 09-13-2008 05:04

yoursupplyspy,

I have the exact same situation with Charge.Com...can you tell me the contact telephone number you used so that I can contact them?

Thank you for your time!!!

de2266
New User

Sent: 08-12-2008 12:02

Hello to all:

I have a general suggestion that may be helpful for those who want to engage in a class action suit.

I had previously heard of an organization called Pre-Paid Legal and wrote it off as just another MLM scam. I was TOTALLY WRONG. I am in the midst of three lawsuits where my husband and I are the plaintiffs and we are also being countersued. A friend who represents Pre-Paid Legal essentially FORCED me to sit down and thoroughly read their service offering and corresponding costs. I could just shoot myself for not listening to her sooner. The amount of money and heartache that we've experienced simply would not have happened. Just one example is contract review. Had we utilized this service(free with membership)prior to signing multiple agreements, these documents absolutely would not have been signed. The poor judgement on our part by not having a legal review has literally cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We have learned the VERY HARD way that anyone can be sued for anything. Tragic, but true. Through Pre-Paid Legal, we had two package choices, one for $17.00/month and one for $27.00/month. The scope and breadth of their services is astounding. As we speak they are managing what has been described as "one the absolute worst cases of identity theft we've seen." They are investigating on my behalf, have implemented daily monitoring of all three credit reporting agencies and investigating to identify the responsible party. Finally, I was still concerned that (No offense to any attorneys out there.) they would provide us with access to the bottom feeders and ambulance chasers. NO WAY. We have retained the largest and most respected firm in Tulsa, OK which includes 105 attorneys with a plethora of areas of expertise to meet almost any need that you could have legally.

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT REPRESENT THIS COMPANY AND HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN BY PROMOTING THEM. I do, however, believe that no-one can afford NOT to have this service when attorneys are charging $200-$300/hour just to handle a simple contract review.

I will be contacting them regarding the companies in question and see if they may be able to help.

I'll keep you posted. In the interim, PLEASE, PLEASE take the time to go to PrePaidLegal.com/hub/chelliebea and evaluate their services for yourself. My bet is that you'll be writing a very small check each month for protection that could save you extraordinary amounts of time, money, and heartache.

de2266
New User

CTS Holdings LLC
Sent: 08-12-2008 11:31

Hello bcook! Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was able to reach CTS Holdings and they, unbelievably, were very accomodating. The account was set up for our LLC without my knowledge. I am highly suspicious that this was a means of securing company funds and diverting them to personal accounts. Further research is required. I still have to determine if I have any remaing "exposure" to damage from this despicable organization and will send along updates as I have them.

Thank you again

KevinG
Big BOSS

Sent: 08-11-2008 13:13

Two points :

1. Don't do it by email - do it by mail and require that somebody sign to accept the letter.
2. Use a spell checker - it's only a small thing but they're not going to take your seriously if your letter has spelling mistakes.

Now take them to the cleaners......

1 - 15  16 - 30   31 - 45   46 - 60   61 - 75  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 7 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 1.206 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative