NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: PayPal threatening me... -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: PayPal threatening me...
island
Big BOSS

PayPal threatening me...
Sent: 10-05-2005 03:49

It is certain that PayPal retains old records even when they are deleted from view, I have seen several instances of this. They use it for fraud-prevention (they say) by ensuring people don't use the same card on multiple accounts, etc.

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

<noPPsecurity>
Not Registered

Paypal keeps all information to your detrmiment.
Sent: 10-04-2005 11:16

One more confirmation that paypud keeps all information and doesn\'t delete anything. Identity thieves are still access my records through the phone access system with old numbers that are \'deleted\' from the system. PP\'s response is that that\'s my problem and they refuse to acknowledge the problem let alone fix it.

island
Big BOSS

PayPal threatening me...
Sent: 10-04-2005 07:32

<earnfun>, PayPal says it will not charge your bank account either without your consent. This is different from the past but they removed the relevant part of their user agreement over a year ago.

<earnfun>
Not Registered

PayPal threatening me...
Sent: 10-03-2005 08:03

island, thank you. I already asked my master card customer service and they told me so. piff.. I wont gave them my new number anyway :p

They have my bank account number. Can they charge me?

you can see all my case in thread "something silly"

Thank you

island
Big BOSS

PayPal threatening me...
Sent: 10-03-2005 05:45

<earnfun>, once your credit card expires it can't be charged any more. If you give them the new number, then obviously they will be able to charge it. (And you'll have to recomplete the Expanded Use enrolment.)
What would they charge your bank account for?

<earnfun>
Not Registered

PayPal threatening me...
Sent: 10-01-2005 02:14

bluesteps, wanna ask, my credit card is changed automatically at this june by all mastercard user because of new improved chip (or something) and the number is also changed, and my old one is blockked automattically also, can paypal charge my brand new credit card? or they can't??

Can they charge my bank account?? What should I do then??

Lya

bluesteps
New User

PayPal threatening me...
Sent: 09-30-2005 22:51

Pallen,

toplay is right. even though you have deleted your info on paypal, they are actually still keeping it.

my account got limited once a few days. now it has been limited maybe 20 times.

here is the story i know that toplay is right. there was just a big payment to my account, and they limited my account. i was called and they asked for the first email address i used to register. if i could not answer that question, my account would be frozen. fortunately, i still remember that. then i realize that even if you delete something from their system, they just mark it as deleted, but they will actually still keep everything.

Dina
Message Maniac

PayPal threatening me...
Sent: 09-30-2005 17:03

Pallen, The only thing they will do is put you in credit collections..NCO to be exact. Once you recieve a letter from them, send one back telling them you don't owe them a thing, and prove that you do...ask for your signature ...and just say you dispute it...they will kick it back to paypal....

toplay
New User

PayPal threatening me...
Sent: 09-30-2005 14:57

Pallen,
From what I've read from other members in this forum, the information you change at paypal does not get overwritten or erased. A history is kept of all changes. They would have a record of all the original and valid bank account numbers, address, etc. of yours.

Your money is only safe if you close your bank and credit card accounts on file with them.

hth.

Pallen
New User

PayPal threatening me...
Sent: 09-30-2005 11:34

I had an account with paypal and ebay... Ebay decided to suspend my account due to a previously suspended user even though it was my first account (fantastic eh?) 1 day before ebay made their rash decision i sold 4 items totalling about $400. All of the buyers paid and I set their websites up for them. However 3 of them then wanted their money back, and paypal being paypal always sides with the buyer, no matter what the case is. That was 2 months ago, ever since paypal have been asking for their money (my account is now "limited"). They are now threatening to get their money through other means. Before this all kicked off I removed my bank account details and changed my details to reflect Peter Pan. Are these idle threats? I know a guy who owes $800 to ebay and has done for 2 years, they send him threats weekly but nothing is ever done...

Statistics

Currently Online: 10 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 0.6484 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software