NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: Pay Pal trying to get money from me after my account has alread -- Page 2 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Pay Pal trying to get money from me after my account has alread
allanep
New User

Pay Pal trying to get money from me after my account has alread
Sent: 08-08-2008 09:43

HI, i had a Pay Pal account and would like some advice... i sold a few items on E-bay and received Pay pal payments for them... they were about $600 for both of them.. i closed my account 3 weeks ago and received an email 2 days ago that the buyers are complaining because they never received anything... i sent these items thru the u.s . postal service... I entered the tracking numbers online to see if they had been delivered... and it only says that the electronic information has been received by the shipper. i want to know if Pay Pal is able to withdraw money from my bank account even though my Pay Pal account has already been closed? do you suggest i should change my bank account number? need some advice pleeeaaseeee!

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

johndi
New User

PayPal CLAIMS to fight chargebacks, but read this...
Sent: 08-06-2008 23:13

I find it interesting that there are so many people that dislike PayPal.

My experiences with PayPal have been pretty fair from a buyers point of you. I have had a few problems over the years and when I start a claim I agree they tell you nothing of what is being discussed from the seller. But so far I have done worse then the sellers, to get a refund I have to send the item back at my cost so I am losing shipping in both ways: I think the seller should pay shipping one of the ways. To my knowledge they hold the funds in the account unit the time limit is up to lodge a complaint against a seller which I believe is 45 days, so I am not so sure how these people take the money and run, maybe some of the buyers who got burnet never made a claim in time and are just making up stories? Maybe they never went though PayPal and expect PayPal to for their mistakes.

John

bubrub
New User

Sent: 08-06-2008 11:57

<VIcky>, The sellers have it made. All you have to do to get your money back is (this is kind of sorry but...) open an account, sell a few items and ship them out perfect to get good feedback, sell a few more items, withdraw the money after they make the transaction, dont mail the items, and walk away from the account. I know this is shitty but this is what its going to take to stop paypal. And then you have the buyers money and your items you were selling

bubrub
New User

Sent: 08-06-2008 11:51

hondaluv, I dont think 80,000 people are making it up. You ripped me off. Your user agreement is screwed. You cant refund a buyers money if the seller doesnt have it in the account. Why even use paypal? Whats to stop me from opening an account selling an item, withdrawing all my money in the account, and walking away from the account after I didnt ship the item? Theres nothing to stop me from doing this because someone just did it to me. I read the user agreement. So I guess I am just going to do this over and over until paypal shuts down. They can only let so many people get ripped off before they bring in a third party to keep paypal from stealing money and letting sellers steal money. I guess I will make a little cash. I really dont want to rip anyone off but if thats what it takes to hurt paypal, then I am all for it.

JonP
New User

Sent: 08-06-2008 07:50

USAFMEDIC,

If it was me, I would just go to the bank that you have your PayPal account with and tell them not to allow Paypal to withdraw ANY funds from your account period. Also, simply ignore Paypal and all the emails they send you. Or you could just close the bank account and open a new one but that is a lot of trouble. I stopped using Paypal for receiving payment, I only to use them pay when there is no other payment option available. I would recommend Google checkout, they have worked great for me.

PPTerminator-
Big BOSS

Sent: 08-02-2008 15:46

USAFMEDIC,

Just ignore their emails and place them on a blacklist in your email software. PayPal is the one thats legally responsible for conducting the chargeback and its outcome. They are looking for you send them money to cover their losses. I'd write a letter to Bush in Tallahassee stating your on active duty and then send it to a newspaper for them putting you through this bs.

USAFMEDIC
New User

Sent: 08-02-2008 04:43

I am Active Duty military currently deployed to Afghanistan for a year. I made a purchase using PayPal and this morning I recieved an automated email from PayPal about a chargeback that I did not initiate. In fact I did receive my order in a very timely fashion and was 100% satisfied with the order. I am at home in Crestview,Florida now on R&R for two weeks. PayPal wants me to spend my family time running around town looking for a notary of the public. They are requiring me to file an AffiDavit with them in order to suspend a Chargeback that they initiated without my approval. Any suggestions? This is my last PayPal transaction too by the way. I am livid about this matter.

readynow12345
New User

Sent: 07-08-2008 16:53

don't worry it won't appear on your credit report, the collection can't put it on you credit file, paypal is not a bank a lender or a credit card, they are a processor of payments the money is not there's I know I've been there, they turn me over to the collection agency cause someone claimed that someone else used there credit card and they file a charged back directly with the crecit card company paypal will always lose.
So they debted my account for 4000.00 thank god I had withdrawn all my money, so they placed a negative balance in my account, so the collection agency started calling me so I started bargaining I would pay half only if they wouldn't report to the credit bureau, they agreed so easily, this made me wonder, so I did my research and whatta ya know they can't, ****s almost fooled me, until I did my research, so I sent then a letter to validate the debt never heard back from them again. Its been years and of course I can't use paypal anymore so ****ing what I use google checkout alot cheaper, PS I even called paypal and pretended to be from the collection agency just to inquire about reporting to the credit bureau, they told me at this time they where not reporting, but this may change this in the future

vinvin
New User

Sent: 07-04-2008 11:00

Quote:
rhkwon,

As far as PayPal wanting to see any information that is involved with a transaction that is completed on our website, we have EVERY RIGHT to ask our customers for information if we feel that there may be possible fraud involved. PayPal has to report to the federal governments of every country where we do business. If the law enforcement of any of these governments see that we are operating outside of our User Agreement, which each and every one of you signed before starting your account, then we would be in huge trouble. As of right now, every country we've brought our business to has approved the use of our User Agreement and have yet to see that we are operating outside of it or doing anything illegal. As the processor of your online payment, PayPal has every right to request information from you at any time that we feel something illegal is happening or one of the parties involved in that particular transaction are violating our User Agreement. So, I'm very sorry that you didn't read the User Agreement before you signed it, but if the federal governments of more than 190 countries world wide have not rejected our business practices or turned down our User Agreement for use in their countries, do you maybe think it could have been you that did something wrong? I know that it's easy to blame the big bad PayPal for all of your online shopping nightmares, and hard on the ego to admit that it was you that did something wrong. However, I would have to safely assume that it was user error as the PayPal system is a user initiated and operated system.

Have a great day!

you suck paypal! I have many lawyers coming after you very soon. We have many accounts setup and then reenacted scenarios where paypal was in the wrong and broke the ULA, offered no coverage and gave no info on charge backs. Your company will have a big brother all seeing eye watching your every move and you will have a 3rd party support that you will have no control over... when we are done with you.

lawsuits

Sent: 06-27-2008 00:47

hondaluv,

Here we go again everyone, we got ourselves a naive member. Here read this legal document so you can understand how crooked Paypal is:

http://www.rentmycar.com/images/memolaw.html

BTW, it's obvious you are not aware of the 28 U.S. Attorney Generals who sued Paypal. The bottom line is that Paypal keeps settling these lawsuits against it because it can make up the money. Paypal then continues its bad conduct.

lawsuits

Sent: 06-27-2008 00:40

Quote:
We just lost $1,995.00. paypal took it out of our checking account to cover a fraudulent claim against us. We received NO representation from paypal in the course of the claim. Our customer received the product we sell, which is a guided tour, hotel stay, and train ride. When they got back home from the tour they decided to contact their credit card company, AMEX, and ask for a refund. We never received one mention from paypal concerning what the complaint from the customer was, so we did not know how to defend ourselves, kinda like fighting windmills. Then paypal decided on their own to return the money to AMEX and take it out of our checking account without us having any opportunity to fight the case. You can't fight the case if you don't know what the case is. The only way you can communicate with PayPal is through email and they send back form letters that you cannot respond to. Their customer service is deplorable, when we finally got someone to talk with us the person, after hearing our problem said, "that's tough". Needless to say we are looking into filing in small claims court and closing out our paypal account.
Quote:
We just lost $1,995.00. paypal took it out of our checking account to cover a fraudulent claim against us. We received NO representation from paypal in the course of the claim. Our customer received the product we sell, which is a guided tour, hotel stay, and train ride. When they got back home from the tour they decided to contact their credit card company, AMEX, and ask for a refund. We never received one mention from paypal concerning what the complaint from the customer was, so we did not know how to defend ourselves, kinda like fighting windmills. Then paypal decided on their own to return the money to AMEX and take it out of our checking account without us having any opportunity to fight the case. You can't fight the case if you don't know what the case is. The only way you can communicate with PayPal is through email and they send back form letters that you cannot respond to. Their customer service is deplorable, when we finally got someone to talk with us the person, after hearing our problem said, "that's tough". Needless to say we are looking into filing in small claims court and closing out our paypal account.
Have no worries, it is my opinion that you will kick the sh..t out of Paypal in Court. I'm going to help you.

I want you to go to the following URL and print out the "Assurance" that Paypal signed with 28 U.S. Attorney Generals. I want you to high light the important sections and give it to the judge. Tell the judge that Paypal violated the assurance to the U.S. Attorney Generals when it failed to (1) notify you of the reasons for the dispute, and (2) when it took the funds from your account without conducting a valid investigation, which included failing to request information from you.

myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/MRAY-6U3L4N/$file/PayPal_AVC.pdf

As you will witness in the assurance that Paypal signed, it contains assurances like the following:

PayPal states that it has chosen to resolve this matter in order to cooperate with the
States, to ensure that its customers are treated fairly...

Pay close attention how it incorporates a separate injunction into its terms CV-02-01227-JF/PVT (2004). You should contact the Plaintiff's attorney and have them email you a copy of that injunction if you can't find it on the Internet.

Also, there was another injunction against Paypal in the Comb vs. Paypal class action settlement. These injunctions have terms prohibiting Paypal's conduct against you. Give a copy to the judge and tell the judge Paypal violated the injunction(s).

hondaluv
New User

Sent: 06-26-2008 23:45

jandb, jandb, I find it funny that with 160 million registered users, you only have 80,000 people willing to complain. Everyone has all this money that they lose, and of course its not anyone's fault. If PayPal REALLY was robbing everyone blind, wouldn't the government step in? Wouldn't every reporter want to be the one breaking the story about how a giant money-processing company is ripping off 80,000 people? I'm not saying that none of you have lost money. I believe you have and I believe exactly what you are saying. I think that everyone needs to use a little bit of common sense. You claim that PayPal GIVES the money back to the credit card companies. It's not like that. The CC company takes it from PayPal. THEY make the final decision, not PayPal. If you follow the Seller Protection Policy (read the User agreement, section 13) they cover you. Its not tough. No one told you how to use a bank, you learned. Well this is a new form of money movement: maybe you should read on how to use it.
Everyone complains about how transactions off of EBay aren't covered. Why would they be? If you send $100 to some guy, how are they suppsoed to know what it was for? They don't know the terms of your sale. They don't know why you sent it.
As far as the fraudulent claims stories: who is suppsoed to pay for it? PayPal just moves money. If someone pays you with a stolen card, should PayPal cover it? Who is to say that you buddy didn't steal it and pay you just so that PayPal would cover it and you 2 could make a few bucks? Use some common sense. You all expect PayPal to be a bottomless pit of money to cover your risky business transactions. I mean, think about it: A russian pays you for something. There's nothing fishy there. He then asks you to mail it somewhere else. If you have your own account, why wouldn't you just change your address? So when you change the contract (you made the transaction, aka a deal, to send it to a specified address, for a specified product, to a certain person, for a certain amount), you void your coverage from PayPal. They offer coverage! Just use it! It doesn't take much to get coverage, and it doesn't take much to be an honest buyer/seller.
You wouldn't hand a man $500 and tell him to bring you an iPhone tomorrow. If you did, you can't go blame the bank, just because they gave you the money. So if you send somoen money outside of PayPal, you are totally on your own. Think about it.
I do understand that sometimes innocent people get caught up in the system. I believe that. I feel also that there are alot of things a person can do to protect themselves. I feel that alot of the stories here are people who just thought they were invincible and just didn't really think about anything. You pressd a button and expected the world. Don't get mad at the company that did what you asked them too.

jandb
New User

Sent: 06-13-2008 14:44

anakaday

Sent: 06-08-2008 18:09

But you are forcing sellers to accept Paypal and then withholding funds for weeks making statements they should send the item immediately and that they will only receive the funds when the buyer leaves postive feedback.
You are leading sellers down the garden path.
What bothers me is that the new Ebay members who are forced to accept Paypal in the name of total security are mostly consumers, not traders with no understanding of banking or trading or what is good for them. They are told if people do not accept Paypal they must be criminals and only people that accept Paypal aren't.
You are a licenced credit institution in luxembourg. You get personally involved in transactions a direct conflict of interest with your statement that you are only a payment service provider. When the person has withdrawn funds to their bank account and something happens in the future, you take unauthorised payments from their bank account.
By leading your customers in the wrong direction, you become responsible for the irresponsible environment you are creating.
This is the most extreme from of miselling I have ever encountered.
This kind of behaviour is intollerable.
New members are leaving immediately. They sell a few things and then have the money withheld and are told they must send item out immediately. This is not real.

The quality of items on Ebay has diminished considerably over the past few weeks. New users are put off before they have started.
You encourage consumers to accept credit cards instead of disinuishing between safe bank uploads with credit card uploads.
To expose the general public to this whilst forcing them to use your service in the interests of fraud prevention is unacceptable.
Many of the cases are unbelievable. If these were reported to the FSA and Luxembourg, the majority of them would win and Paypal would suffer heavy fines. It's only a matter of time.
The stories I have read are from naive users. One appears to have been told to use their credit card above their bank account both of them are verified? This would suggest malpractice of unpresedented levels and could result in your licence being revoked in Europe.

You must sepate personal accounts in to two forms so that sellers/receivers can choose whether or not to accept credit cards.
If you do not do this, sellers can claim that you are goading the situation and encouraging opportunist crime. It also shows you are not seriously interested in fraud prevention.
You are foolish and incompetent.
If you behaved in a respectful lawful manner with the best interests of your customers and also the general public, people would not have cause to complain. But we have never seen anything like it.
It's only a matter of time before serious lawyers & financial institutions and public bodies get involved. If you do not behave, you will get thrown back accross the Atlantic. This is not about fighting individual cases it is about protecting the public interest.
You state you have seller protection and fraud prevention but you do not follow up reports from Sellers.
Doesn't matter if you win or lose, you have to follow them up and take people seriously.
But it appears if you just send the money back to buyers and think you can avoid dispute having promised sellers protection. If a seller has proof of postage to verified address and has followed procedures than you cannot simply ignore them having put your foot in it and offered buyer protection. By ruling in favour of the buyer when all procedures have been followed without question and the evidence suggests the seller is telling the truth or if you refuse to accept or follow up on evidence just so you don't have to rule in the sellers favour so you don't have to foot the loss is a FIX. This kind of behaviour is criminal. The only reason goverments have not pursued you is because they don't know about it. PAypal and Ebay ave not been taken seriously until now they are becoming a threat to global economies and financial institutions. If you continue on your agressive marketing campaign to take over the internet you have no idea what's coming to you. It doesn't take much for users to start getting together, calling up Harrods and Boots, banks, bodies and so on and supplying them with unbelievable evidence of bad practice and questionable business tactics You have built your empire of the back of hard working people, serious companies and financial institutions and now you laugh at them in the face. You are not a professional organisation just amateurs with questionable morals trying to educate people in chargebacks and credit cards to the point of encouraging crime. Just by withholding money can encourage people to find reason to complain. You are creating an escrow service but at the same time telling people they should trasfer the money to their account first before sending out items and that you don't get involved in transaction! Use agreement is not enforcable in part as it doesn't make sense. You and Ebay are also bound by claims you make. To state you are the 'best' and that no other matches up is unbelievable. No business in the world will take this risk particularly one that suffers so much fraud. Fraud is not only from sellers. You are encourage mass buyer fraud and will have to pay the price of it because sellers will not tollerate it.
By stepping in the middle you become answerable and open to legal claims and complaints accross the board and don't have a leg to stand on. People are so upset they will begin to pursue you over tiny sums in the hope that you will be exposed fined and forced to wake up and fall in line. Your comments conflict entirely with the way you present yourselves and other claims you make.
You need to wake up and realise Paypal is not the only thing in the world and you are not the best by far and need to address the right concerns.
If you are unable to take advice from anyone other than yourselves, you will lose.
You forget that merchants and sellers are people.
You can't say anything without putting your foot in your mouth because you don't listen to what's really going on. You have no awareness of anything other than your own goals to the point you cannot achieve them.
If UK paypal was run by UK experienced people, customers would not be experiencing so many problems, they would be more accountable.
The safest payment method is NOCHEX - has virtually disappeared but their experiences of fraud or attempted fraud were extremely low. Their only interest was in their customers. I used to use them years ago and had not one problem.
This is because they are genuine.
Paypal is not built on genuine principles and makes too much noise.
IN the interests of fraud prevention, Paypal would attempt to prevent buyer fraud.
Educating people in chargebacks is disgusting.
The reason they happen so much to you is because you tell everyone about it!
Completely irresponsible.
Don't tell people about it and focus only on the service you provide.
Clearly distinguish between credit cards and bank sources of payments.
At least the consumer sellers will be protected and serious merchants can always allow paypal shopping account or whatever to accept credit cards. It is the nice inbetween people with one off interesting and genuine personal items who are leaving who have the stuff people want.
To allow people to upload their Paypal account by credit card and open up consumers to credit card fraud is ridiculous.
They can pick any piece of marketing and use it against you. It's over the top and has been prepared by idiots.
The UK can't stand you. You do nothing for us!

fatamorgana08
New User

Sent: 06-07-2008 05:10

philber,

Regarding seller's protection, I just realised that Paypal won't compensate our loss if we sent the goods to any address which is not registered with Paypal. I'm now at the verge of losing almost 2K due to chargeback. Someone has hijacked someone else ebay account and Paypal account and purchased from eBay a few iphones from me and asked me to send the iphones to Philippines. I wasn't aware of the fraud coz I've no such experience. Please help me! Many thanks.

Prev  1 - 15  16 - 30  31 - 45   46 - 60   61 - 75  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 3 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 1.2189 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative