NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: Need I remind people why this site exists? -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Need I remind people why this site exists?
dkid2000
Active User

Need I remind people why this site exists?
Sent: 07-16-2004 18:31

Quote:
dkid2000, What's your phone number over there at LiveWorld/PayPal? I'd love to call YOU and give YOU a piece of my mind.
caugusti,

Sorry, you are mistaken.

<Gazberotten>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-15-2004 19:38

Quote:
Don't listen to megazone or Algernon they have more posts than the site administrator and only have pro Paypal based posts (Hmmmmm). They obviously don't know the difference between serious issues and a comparison. It is a decent parallel when you get off of your pseudo-intellectual high horse. Your eager and numerous replies simply strengthen my position on your motives here. So thank you for proving me right and agreeing with me especially when you post your "I have a dictionary" responses.
First the most posts than the admin

This is false

megazone
Big BOSS

Algernon
Big BOSS

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Now this is dated from today at 01:35am UK Time

Now they only make pro Paypal based posts bit

This is true not once have i seen them say thats wrong against paypal

So algernon and megazone this ones for you

megazone
Big BOSS

Sent: 07-15-2004 18:39

Carnivore is email monitoring, and it is only used selectively. Only rarely do I hear stories about ISPs asked to set it up. (I used to work in the industry, for ISP HW vendors (Xylogics, Livingston, Lucent) and then BBN/GTEI.) It is designed to monitor specific accounts and flag emails that match the patterns it has been set to look for.

More troubling, really, is the recent court ruling that says ISPs have the right to look through any email stored on their server without the knowledge or permission of the account holder. If it is stored on the ISPs system, they can read it. Doesn't bother me - my friends and I run the servers my domain lives on and if I really care I can PGP something - but it is kind of nasty in general.

<dunwithpaypl>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-15-2004 18:31

Are familiar with the extent of the monitoring done with the Carivore system?

megazone
Big BOSS

Sent: 07-15-2004 17:46

<dunwithpaypl> The feds make payment services collect the info too. Pay Cash used to be anonymous, but we had to change the architecture a bit to start tracking the buyers and sellers (at least in the US system) because we have to be able to supply the records to the feds if they show up with a subpoena. Basically the justification is they want to know who John Doe bought all the ANFO from - or who bought the ANFO from John Doe.

<dunwithpaypl>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-15-2004 10:04

As the owner of a regular merchant account for over 20 years, I can assure that what paypal does is not unlike a regular credit card company. The burden of preventing fraud is on the SELLER not the CC company that helps facilitate the transaction. In business, the responsibility follows the profit. I refuse to use paypal and did so after reading their agreement. I reccomend everyone get a copy of their disclosure agreement from the bank maintaining their checking account. Federal law regarding financial responsibility in the case of forgery have changed in recent years and your bank will try to make the account holder at least partially responsible. Been there,paid that.
I think the future of paypal lies with the IRS and the group of states that are pressing for the enforced collection of sales taxes on interstate and intrastate transactions. All the CC companies supply the IRS with the information they request on the account activity of anyone due to the war on drugs/patriot act fallout. The states which are heavily dependant on sales tax revenue are pushing federal legislation and funding the development to allow each state to collect ALL the sales tax due. Go to
http://www.ncsl.org/programs/fiscal/sstisupdate.htm
for more information.

caugusti
Message Maniac

Sent: 07-15-2004 07:00

dkid2000, What's your phone number over there at LiveWorld/PayPal? I'd love to call YOU and give YOU a piece of my mind.

dkid2000
Active User

Sent: 07-14-2004 19:32

Screwedforagrand,

That was just a sad post. It made you look like a fool.

Megazone has their phone # at the bottom of their posts why don't you use it, if you are unclear.

megazone
Big BOSS

Sent: 07-13-2004 21:18

Quote:
Don't listen to megazone or Algernon they have more posts than the site administrator and only have pro Paypal based posts (Hmmmmm).
False.

Quote:
They obviously don't know the difference between serious issues and a comparison. It is a decent parallel when you get off of your pseudo-intellectual high horse.
So you think the murder of over 6 million Jews is a decent parellel to the loss of even a few thousand to PayPal, especially when the money is almost *always* returned eventually? Um... sure. And the paper cut I got is like having your throat slit.

Quote:
Your eager and numerous replies simply strengthen my position on your motives here.
Everyone can have their delusions, as long as they make you happy more power to you.

Quote:
So thank you for proving me right and agreeing with me especially when you post your "I have a dictionary" responses.
I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. Unless your commenting on my vocabulary, for which I make no apologies. (One of my degrees is in technical writing - the other is history, with a focus on WW II.)

Screwedforagrand
New User

Sent: 07-13-2004 20:02

PS
Personal attacks don't bother me because if you think I have issues I must be OK :)

Screwedforagrand
New User

Sent: 07-13-2004 20:01

Don't listen to megazone or Algernon they have more posts than the site administrator and only have pro Paypal based posts (Hmmmmm). They obviously don't know the difference between serious issues and a comparison. It is a decent parallel when you get off of your pseudo-intellectual high horse. Your eager and numerous replies simply strengthen my position on your motives here. So thank you for proving me right and agreeing with me especially when you post your "I have a dictionary" responses.

megazone
Big BOSS

Sent: 07-13-2004 12:52

Screwedforagrand You really have some serious issues. And, you know, based on your posts - yeah, I guess I do feel superior to you. ;-) I *cannot* take *anyone* who compares the situation with PayPal to the Jews and Hitler seriously. Not in the least.

And it isn't your website, PayPaySucks is the webmaster. And it seems to me that rational discussion is welcome, not just blind raving and vitriol.

Screwedforagrand
New User

Sent: 07-13-2004 08:57

There is nothing wrong with my brain. It functions on quite a high level. The point is very simple if YOU look at it rationally. Its like those people who have decided that they hate blacks and then choose to hang out on the BET website constantly making long drawn out posts. Or the people who love blacks hanging out on the KKK website all day making long drawn out posts. Either you are NOT who you claim to be or you are one of those annoying people with a superiority complex who feels the need to enlighten those beneath you who have gone astray. This is Paypal sucks so no one wants to hear your mindless propoganda. They suck, we say so, and this is our website so deal with that or get off because no one is gonna agree with you. Think you can convince jews that hitler is great if you just post them to death with your "rational" opinion ? Doubtful.

megazone
Big BOSS

Sent: 07-13-2004 00:23

I think it is actually kind of amusing since the issue has been addressed several times now and people keep presuming this. I guess everyone who doesn't think PayPal is the work of Satan must work there. My fault for trying to discuss the issues rationally. :-)

Algernon
Big BOSS

Sent: 07-13-2004 00:13

Quote:
<Screwedforagrand> Isnt it obvious to anyone else that this megazone person works for paypal ?
Actually it isn't obvious. Megazone could be a very talented German Shepherd for all I know. You could be a child unable to produce a more rational argument for all I know. You have two choices, you can debate Megazone with facts, logic, and reason, OR you can simply accuse without proof everything he or anyone else you disagree with and call them a PayPal employee.

One approach takes brains, knowledge, and reasoning, the other approach can be done by a child.

"Admin Disclaimer: This User spends most of his time here relentlessly defending PayPal."

1 - 15  16 - 27  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 1.1698 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software