NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: Paypal limited my account, tried to remove money from my bank.. -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Paypal limited my account, tried to remove money from my bank..
frozenpaypal
New User

Paypal limited my account, tried to remove money from my bank..
Sent: 01-11-2009 18:02

PPTerminator-,

Can they take the money out of my bank if I don't re-verify my account?
I wish I never filed a charge back now because the guy, upon me telling him I was going to file a charge back, sent the replacement with 2 day shipping. I refunded him the money because well, I did pay for the thing and it's in working condition.

Since I refunded him with paypal, shouldn't paypal leave me alone now? The chick who responded to my email wanted me to verify my bank account. As of right now, paypal hasn't taken the money and I have not verified my bank account. I've no intention on doing so either.

It just would piss me off if they do take the money because the guy got a refund, so the only ones who would keep the money is paypal.

I don't want to close my bank account because they are a small bank and have been absolutely helpful for everything I've ever had a problem with. They rock compared to big banks like Suntrust, BOA etc.

P.S. I just wanted to add that if you file a charge back with paypal for an unauthorized transaction, they immediately unverify your bank account and limit account access until you re-verify everything.

PPTerminator-
Big BOSS

Sent: 01-10-2009 20:41

frozenpaypal,

The only thing they are interested in doing is recovering their loss. Go to your bank and initiate an ach dispute for non authorized. You'll get your money back. once you do, close the account.

see our website for more info
ppterminator.freehostia.com

frozenpaypal
New User

Sent: 01-09-2009 15:51

now, I got an email saying PayPal fully restored my account. I got all excited and went in to go close my account, only to receive this error:

"This account cannot be closed until the funds transfer from your bank account is completed."

How can they take money BACK out of my account after I filed a charge back??? Is this even LEGAL? WTF. I am so pissed off right now. I filed a charge back against a non-performing seller and now *I* am having to be the one to pay for the money that was basically stolen from me?!?

The seller has a non-verified paypal account, has resold my broken item on eBay as a broken auction. WTF am *I* being charged for? I thought I was supposed to be PROTECTED!

frozenpaypal
New User

Sent: 01-09-2009 11:23

Also this is what it said on my account today:

Recent activity - Last updated 1/9/2009 11:33 PST Show
File Type To/From Name/Email/Phone Date Status Details Action Amount Fee
Reversal From xxxxxx Jan. 9, 2009 Completed Details $142.50 USD $0.00 USD
Failed Transfer From Bank Account Jan. 9, 2009 Completed Details -$142.50 USD $0.00 USD

frozenpaypal
New User

Sent: 01-09-2009 11:11

Okay, if someone could please give me a clear answer as to what I need to do, I'd appreciate it. I cannot cancel my paypal account because my account is limited. How... grande. Luckilly my bank is with me on this problem.

I bought an item on eBay back in October. The seller DID send me the item, but it was broken. I told the seller, who had a 30 day warranty, that the item was broken and they asked me to ship it back. Due to the holidays, I wasn't able to ship the box back to them until about 2 weeks after I notified them of the problem. Once they received the item, they started the stalling tactics.

I kept believing that they were shipping my item because I've never had someone keep in contact with me while they were scamming me. So I trusted the person. I waited until past the 45 day mark to file a dispute. Ebay of course put a notification on their account and the guy told me that he would have my box out THAT day. I called my bank after finding out paypal could do nothing for me.. and they told me I only had 60 days to file a dispute and the 60 day limit was THAT DAY.

I told the guy if he did not provide proof I was going to file a charge back. His proof was "I am sending it out today once I go to the post office" that wasn't good enough for me. so I went up to my bank and filed the charge back. I got home to him sending me a tracking number but it was bogus on USPS' website and is still bogus right now.

I figured I did the right thing because it was possibly another plan to keep me waiting. Well, I wake up this morning to find out that paypal TRIED TO TAKE money from the charge back out of MY account! MY bank refused it.

My account now has limited access and I don't know what to do. I want to close my paypal account. They can't hold free will over my bank account like that. I did NOT authorize them to try to do that!!

What steps can I take to prevent them from charging me for the charge back I initiated with my bank. They sent me an email stating that the seller disputed the charge back and they could not recover my funds.

So, what do I do? Am I screwed? My bank refunded my money, but I don't want paypal trying to take it back!! That should be illegal!!

Statistics

Currently Online: 6 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.5926 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software