NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: Paypal debit card/bank account overdraft fees -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Paypal debit card/bank account overdraft fees
PPTerminator-
Big BOSS

Paypal debit card/bank account overdraft fees
Sent: 07-31-2008 20:15

kimberlywq,

That had nothing to do with PayPal. That was the person or business that was charging your account. They are the ones that ran your account. You got nailed because you even said it yourself you made two charges and that's 4 attempts via PayPal plus the $1.00 transaction to see if the card is active. Ontop of that the restraunt prob. tried to run your card a few times to make sure it wasnt an error.

That has nothing to do with PayPal, you should of had more then $30 bucks in your bank account or better yet, you should of paid cash and learn to live on a cash basis if you cant afford things now. Whether it was PayPal or your bank your the one that is responsible for making sure any charges are covered by your account. If you covered any fees because of the $1.00 transactions they will fall off if the place doesnt submit the authorization code, then you should get a partial money back. If the $1.00 transactions caused the overdraft then you should have those reversed. But in any events, you should of just paid cash or had $25 bucks in your pocket.

Like we said if you couldnt afford all those items, you should paid cash and learn to live on a cash basis. PayPal is right (1) you are responsible for having the funds in your account, and new how much you had in your account and how much they were charging. CANT BLAME PAYPAL THATS YOUR FAULT.

kimberlywq
New User

Sent: 07-31-2008 17:04

Quote:
i dont really see your point..you spent money you didnt have and instead of being charged $250 in overdraft fees for just one transaction youre being charged $500 because they ran 2 just like every other debit card?
Yeah, I guess you didn't see my point, no I wasn't spending money I didn't have, and NO, NO OTHER DEBIT CARD EVER runs TWO separate transactions through my bank account!

aksjkas
New User

Sent: 07-30-2008 23:36

i dont really see your point..you spent money you didnt have and instead of being charged $250 in overdraft fees for just one transaction youre being charged $500 because they ran 2 just like every other debit card?

kimberlywq
New User

Sent: 07-30-2008 20:47

Because of Paypal charging TWO separate charges for each transaction (a $1 hold plus the actual total fo the charge) I have incurred over $500 in overdraft fees from my bank! My paycheck, child support, and veteran's benefits, are all GONE because of paypal. I can't pay my car payment, electric bill, insurance, or GROCERIES now and my bank account is still overdrawn. But of course they don't care and won't help. Below are my letters to them and their one response to me.

Letter to paypal (7/21/08)

On at least 3 occasions in the last month you have transferred money from my bank account twice for one transaction. On 6/24 and 7/1 you transferred $1 and then the remainder of my purchase. On 7/1 for a restaurant charge, you transferred $24.85, the price of the meals, and then a separate $5 transfer for the tip. THIS HAS CAUSED ME A HUGE PROBLEM AND LOSS OF HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS! My bank account went into overdraft and because of your separate charges, I was charged DOUBLE the fees, which then made my bank account further overdrawn, which then caused ALL the rest of my transactions to incur fees, TOTALING $493.00.

Please reimburse me this amount because it was due to your multiple bank transfers that I ended up having to pay almost $500 in fees to my bank. Thank you.

Paypal response 7/23/08
webform@paypal.com to me
show details 5:29 AM (9 hours ago) Reply

Dear Kimberly Gorman,

Thank you for contacting PayPal, my name is Vicki and I am happy to
assist you today.

Any time a debit or credit card is used for a purchase at any merchant,
a $1 authorization is charged to ensure the card is active. The $1 is
immediately returned by your bank.
When a charge at a restaurant is ran, the purchase price is kept
separate from the tip. The total amount that was charged to the bank
would have been the same if it was charged as one payment or two.
Unfortunately we do not cover bounce fees incurred by the card holder.
It is your responsibility to ensure there will be funds available in
your bank account to cover the transactions you are putting on your
card.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Adam
PayPal Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

My second paypal letter 7/23/08
Hello Vicki and/or Adam,
There WERE funds in my account until you charged TWO separate amounts to my checking account. Instead of ONE overdraft fee, which would have been covered, I was charged TWO overdraft fees of $29 each. THAT is what caused me to be overdrawn, and then all your double charges after that doubled the overdraft fees, and ALL my other transactions were charged fees, totalling $493. SO, it was because of YOU charging my bank account TWICE for ONE transaction that caused this entire problem. Please reimburse me for these fees. Thank you.

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.5223 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software