NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: Closing Paypal acct (after reversal) with negative balance? -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Closing Paypal acct (after reversal) with negative balance?
burrnini
New User

Closing Paypal acct (after reversal) with negative balance?
Sent: 11-14-2003 03:30

ken, if paypal can do it, why can't I? If paypal is going to steal, and yes it is stealing, then should I not be able to do everything in my power to stop them?

ken

Sent: 10-04-2003 11:15

dreamwave6, so a criminal get involved in this, there is fraud, and so Paypal is the blame? They should have to pay for some criminal who hacked into a Paypal account?

Let me guess. You were so enthralled with the $700 that you took the money and you shipped the goods to some address other than where the $700 was paid to your from. In other words, you helped the thief to completion with his fraudelent activity. And so Paypal is wrong? First of all, you violated the rules. Second, don't ship goods anyplace in the entire world unless it is a "confirmed address". Third, if it is not a confirmed address, accept the responsibility that you might get cheated and it is totally up to you if you want to "take the bait". Fourth, taking "hostile" action to avoid the responsibility of taking care of this situation (like switching bank accounts, faking/concealing numbers, stopping payments, ordering banks not to pay, closing accounts, etc) is no better than the things that you accuse Paypal of doing. What's the difference?

<chargebackNO>
Not Registered

Sent: 10-04-2003 02:44

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I'm sure my story is familiar...I had an auction on Ebay, the "winner" paid me for the item using a hacked Paypal account. Paypal recently reversed the payment to me and will not protect me with their garbage "Seller's Protection Policy" because my auction item was shipped to Canada. As such, my Paypal balance is presently about -$700. I have only one bank account (my checking account) associated with my Paypal account. It is a "verified" account. Paypal will not let me remove this account because a) it is my only account listed with Paypal and b) I presently have a negative Paypal balance. As such, how can I remove my bank account information and/or close my Paypal account completely? I am concerned that Paypal will try to withdraw an amount equal to my current negative balance from my checking account.

On a related note, the bank that I use is Bank of America. If for some reason, Paypal is able to withdraw the abovementioned funds from my checking account, I am curious how supportive Bank of America will be if I request them to refute the transaction. What kind of experience have people had with B of A in these cases?

Thanks.

Andrew

You are lucky, andrew. Paypal won't let you know the reverse transaction until you got enough money in your account. Because in that case, you don't have chances to unlink credit card/bank account information. That is much **** behavior I have never seen in any company, except this crap paypal

<chargebackNO>
Not Registered

Sent: 10-04-2003 02:41

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I'm sure my story is familiar...I had an auction on Ebay, the "winner" paid me for the item using a hacked Paypal account. Paypal recently reversed the payment to me and will not protect me with their garbage "Seller's Protection Policy" because my auction item was shipped to Canada. As such, my Paypal balance is presently about -$700. I have only one bank account (my checking account) associated with my Paypal account. It is a "verified" account. Paypal will not let me remove this account because a) it is my only account listed with Paypal and b) I presently have a negative Paypal balance. As such, how can I remove my bank account information and/or close my Paypal account completely? I am concerned that Paypal will try to withdraw an amount equal to my current negative balance from my checking account.

On a related note, the bank that I use is Bank of America. If for some reason, Paypal is able to withdraw the abovementioned funds from my checking account, I am curious how supportive Bank of America will be if I request them to refute the transaction. What kind of experience have people had with B of A in these cases?

Thanks.

Andrew

<James>
Not Registered

Sent: 09-17-2003 05:28

<Anonymous>, OK, firstly if they attempt to charge your credit card without authourisation they are breaking the law and you will most likly win a lawsuit if filed against them, (they would get sued for fraud because it is not authourised)

Secondly PayPal can go suck on my balls they are a bunch of n00bs just trying to get money the stupid bastards (sorry im mad at them)

<Anonymous>
Not Registered

Sent: 09-12-2003 23:21

<Toxic0n>, I did it (sort of). The trick here when being defrauded by paypal is don't waste your time talking to them about it. You have to change your bank account number (or in my case I had Waterhouse place a permanent block on Paypal from having any access to my account) Do the same with your credit cards that are on file with Paypal and then when they start whining about a collection agency, tell them you just had a long chat with Jacoby and Myers and you will be more than happy now to see them in court :)

They don't like Jacoby and Myers :))

<Toxic0n>
Not Registered

Sent: 09-08-2003 20:22

dreamwave6,
Close your checking account NOW or at least make them change the account number

dreamwave6
New User

Sent: 08-26-2003 16:33

Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Andrew

Statistics

Currently Online: 8 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.5372 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative