NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: How to use PayPal to get ANYTHING on Ebay for free!! :) -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: How to use PayPal to get ANYTHING on Ebay for free!! :)
<Bob>
Not Registered

How to use PayPal to get ANYTHING on Ebay for free!! :)
Sent: 07-11-2003 00:00

It's too bad paypal and ebay can't be smart and learn some valuable lessons from posts like this.

<>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-10-2003 15:11

who gives you the refund? The guy who sold you the jaguar rims or whatever, or the CC company?
Also, what is your ebay name?
Isn't what you are doing wrong???

Thanx!
-Michael

<.>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-06-2003 12:15

Quote:
i could try to get someone to ship to an unconfirmed address, then scam dat ass!
Better make sure that address isn't one investigators can trace to you if the seller decides to file wire fraud charges. If shipping address is in Estonia, Romania, Indonesia, or any other fraud tolerant country you've got no reason to be looking over your shoulder.

infinite8
New User

Sent: 07-06-2003 07:33

[quoteAnd remember.... This can be done on ANY payment source like a Paypal funds transfer or an E-check. You don't even have to contact your credit card company ect. Paypal will 100% fully help you pull an illegal scam like this as long as you file a buyers complaint and the seller can not prove they are 100% protected under the terms of use !!!![/quote]i could try to get someone to ship to an unconfirmed address, then scam dat ass!

<Bob>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-04-2003 09:41

Anything_on_Ebay_is_Free,

Better yet... And much much easier.. And you can use E-checks, Paypal funds or a credit card..

Read the Sellers protection Policy.

Make sure you get your seller to mis just one point like as to have an item shipped to your wives office as a wedding gift (non confirmed address) or maybe even convince them to wait past the 7 day shipping limit. (7 day shipping rule) ect....

You get the picture... Just anything that means the seller missed just one point of the list of sellers protection points. Even something as simple as shipping after 8 days because you are on vacation bidding from your cell phone.

After you get the item, you have 30 days to reverse the payment by filing a buyers complaint. Paypal's will allow a buyer to file a claim and then if the seller can not PROVE that they hit each and EVERY single item in the list of sellers protection, Paypal will reverse the funds sent and all the buyer to KEEP the item. Even if Paypal knows you got the item. They don't care. They will still charge the seller the fees to recieve funds so they made their money and their stupid ever changing user agreement is a lie and is not safe to sellers.

It says it right here... FOR ANY REASON. EVEN FRAUD..... To fraud a seller is an acceptible reason as long as the buyer can get the seller to be unprotected.

3. If you do not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy. When you receive funds through PayPal, if the sender's transaction is reversed for any reason and you do not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy for that transaction, you will owe PayPal for the amount of the reversed transaction plus any fees imposed on PayPal as a result of the reversal.

And remember.... This can be done on ANY payment source like a Paypal funds transfer or an E-check. You don't even have to contact your credit card company ect. Paypal will 100% fully help you pull an illegal scam like this as long as you file a buyers complaint and the seller can not prove they are 100% protected under the terms of use !!!!

Anything_on_Ebay_is_Free
New User

Sent: 07-02-2003 07:40

1.) First get a Paypal account, and use a credit card when purchasing something.
2.) Buy something nice for yourself - preferably very expensive, like some shiny new Jaguar rims for 1500.00.
4.) As soon as you get your shiny Jaguar rims, put them on car and enjoy them.
5.) Call your credit card company (Not Paypal but Providian or Chase, etc.): The dialog will go like this:

You: - "The rims are not what I paid for, I don't like them, they don't work right, I can't use them, they are broken, etc."
CC: - "Okay, we'll file a chargeback for you. Have you attempted to work this out with the seller, and tried to send merchandise back?"
You: - "Sure - but they don't respond."
CC: - "Okay, the charge for $1500 is reversed and you are no longer responsible for paying that. We will look into it, but this is a common and routine procedure and we rarely lose."
You: - "Does this mean I get my money back?"
CC: - "That's right."
You: - "Okay! Thanks!"

Now, here is the important step:

6.) Enjoy Jaguar rims some more, and look for something else to buy with your $1500.00 :)

The money is now back on you credit card ripe for "re-spending" :)

I know all about this, because I lost some Jaguar rims this way. I met all Paypal seller protection guideline stipulations: Verified, one payment, verified buyer address, trackable shipping, signature, etc.

However, THE ONLY PROTECTION Paypal offers, is if it's a stolen credit card

Here is the official policy:

Policy Conditions. PayPal agrees to indemnify sellers of physical goods from reversal liability resulting from a buyer's unauthorized use of a credit card and/or false claims of non-shipment of goods.

But here is the misleading rhetoric that gives sellers the impression of being protected from fraud - This is on a page describing the Seller Protection Policy here - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections:

Seller Protection Policy

PayPal wants to protect our sellers against chargebacks due to fraud. <OH GOOD!>

Although the vast majority of payments occur without problems, there is always the risk that you are dealing with a fraudulent buyer. There is a risk, for instance, that your buyer may be paying you with a stolen credit card. <OKAY, PROTECTED FROM FRAUDULENT BUYERS!>

Who takes on this risk? Most payment companies simply pass on 100% of the transaction liability to the seller. PayPal is different. We give sellers the opportunity to protect themselves from liability. <WOW, YOU WILL DO ALL THAT FOR ME?>

We can do this because we know that if you follow certain guidelines you dramatically reduce the risk that you are dealing with a fraudulent buyer. They are: <OKAY...I'LL FOLLOW ALL THIS!>

Be a Verified Premier or Verified Business Account (U.S.)
Ship to the buyer's Confirmed Address
Timely Shipment
Retain reasonable proof-of-shipment that can be tracked online
Ship tangible goods
Only accept single payments from single PayPal accounts
Ship to domestic (U.S.) buyers at U.S. addresses
Timely Response

The Seller Protection Policy (S.P.P.) was developed for those sellers who want to limit their risk. We give sellers the opportunity to be protected from chargebacks if they follow the guidelines. Sellers who decide not to follow them make the decision to take on risk and will be held liable for any chargebacks. <AW RIGHT! LIMIT RISK, PROTECTED FROM CHARGEBACKS: SOUNDS GOOD!>

WHAT *** THEY **** DON'T **** TELL **** YOU ***** Is that, unlike in their above description of the S.P.P., you are not protected from fraudulent chargebacks in general; most chargebacks done through a credit card company based upon fraudulent, mis-leading, and deceptive reasons and claims of poor quality of merchandise, are successful, and the seller must simply let the buyer keep his money and the seller's goods.

What Paypal should say is the truth: Seller's are ONLY potentially protected in the most rare and specific and limited of narrowly defined chargeback situations involving stolen credit cards, or someone using a card without authorization - quite uncommon relative to most CC sales.

But the MOST COMMON fraud, that of receiving auction goods, keeping goods, claiming goods bad, getting free refund and keeping goods, is the exact kind of seller protection that does not exist, and although Paypal is aware that many of their clients are burned this way every day, there is not a whisper of it in their policy - no warning, nothing but misleading statements about being protected from fraud, omitting seller is not protected against the easiest and most common and convenient fraud - fraudulent chargeback claims.

This kind of fraud is also sometimes known as "quality of merchandise" fraud. Buyer claims merchandise is poor quality, gets a chargeback, and the price "paid," or should I say, loaned, is refunded back to his credit card.

So, in summary, you don't have to be rich to afford nice expensive things on Ebay: Just buy whatever you want, and then claim it's no good to your credit card company, tell them you can't reach the seller or he won't respond, and keep his stuff for free :)

You can also "rent" anything on Ebay for free - just buy it, use it, then charge it back: Even if you ship it back to the seller, you still enjoyed the use of it and can ship it back in used and shoddy condition made all the worse from all the banging around UPS will do with it :)

Paypal endorses this, otherwise they would mention and warn sellers about it in their policy, instead of misleading them :)

Sincerely,

Burned in Beaverton

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.4947 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative