NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: Paypal Limited Account, Forcing Users to Add Bank Account -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Paypal Limited Account, Forcing Users to Add Bank Account
giacarangi2
Active User

Paypal Limited Account, Forcing Users to Add Bank Account
Sent: 08-09-2007 21:27

sneezy,

You can add a virtual bank account thru Netspend debit card.
They accept paypal payments. When you sign up for Netspend you receive a temp card which is only active until you receive your real card. The real and temp card have different numbers.
If paypal limits your account, they do not have your real credit card info and you can always change the address info in netspend. So in essence you can do all this with $20. $9.95 for the card and $10 to add to it. You can withdrawal from Paypal to Netspend.
Netspend gives you the acct and rounting codes

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 08-09-2007 02:36

giacarangi2,

Your the stupid idiot with the PayPal problem not me ****!

giacarangi2
Active User

Sent: 08-09-2007 02:09

PayPalTerminato.....
First of all, I was aware of the reason $1 pre-authorization fee, thnanks for making stupid assumptions, jerk. The purpose of that post was to say the credit card was verified.
Many business use the credit card as a means of verification. why increas emy sending limit to $2000 then block me for making six purchases of under $4

Secondly, the six charges which were all under a doller was a result of buying ebooks on ebay.
So thanks for making another stupid assumption, bozo.

Thirdly, as long as user isn't accepting money and paying for their items with a creit card, paypal has no liability. I should not be forced to upgrade and have my account limited to which I can' close it becuase I refuse to upgrade. In theory a user can not join paypal but use their credit car dto pay for items. How is this approach any different?

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 08-09-2007 01:25

x501,

Additionally, if he disputes the charges, he is not responsible for the bank fees because they were from fraud unauthorized transactions.

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 08-08-2007 21:43

sneezy,

If your a seller thats not practical. No Seller wants to wait 2 weeks or so for a payment. The whole purpose of running a business its to have money coming in a daily basis. And just accepting checks and/or money orders creates a large differences in the amount of payments you receive during the week.

Also the buyer doesnt trust the seller as well and thinks PayPal is the safest way to go because they are protected by their credit card company or bank.

Sneezy...I think you should familiarize yourself with the stuff you say before you say them because most of that is not correct.

Insufficient funds fees, what happens if the buyer bounces a check or places a stop payment on a money order or check, there's deposit item return fees plus the amount of the deposit being charged back.

If PayPal takes money out of your bank account and you get overdraft charges, if it was a legitimate unauthorized withdraw that caused those overdraft fees, you are not liable for those fees and they will be reversed back into your account.

As far as your credit report, I want to hear some actual people who actually have had their credit report ruined or something effected by PayPal.

Like I said familiarize yourself with your statements prior to stating them.

sneezy
Message Maniac

Sent: 08-08-2007 20:19

x501,

In my opinion you should NEVER register a bank account with Paypal. If you have a balance then wait the two weeks and get them to mail you a cheque, otherwise just spend the money with a vendor who acepts Paypal. I have also heard horror stories of peeps getting hit with NSF fees and a bad credit record because Paypal tried to take money from an account that did not have any funds.

I would never give Paypal my SSN number either. The only reason they want it from what I can understand is so that they can put your account out to collections. Without a SSN they cannot file a neg report with a credit bureau.

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 08-08-2007 20:00

x501,

NO X thats called a stop payment. A freeze on a bank account is where you instruct the bank you want all debits from your checking account to not go through. A freeze on a bank account is free. It places a stop on all debits that are attempted to be made from your account. If you go into your bank to cash a check off your account, you have to tell the branch manager to call the back office, lift the freeze, then cash your check, and then immediately place the freeze back on.

I think you got the two mixed up because I also have a Bank of America Corporate account as well as 6 other banks we deal with across the US in our afflicate offices and they are all free of charge.

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 08-08-2007 19:12

x501,

Under extreme circumstances PayPal will attempt to go into someone's bank account or credit card. Never heard or seen it done, for the sole point that its pointless to do because the person can immediately dispute the withdraw with their bank or file an additional chargeback against PayPal for the charge.

I know they used to do that years ago, by trying to attempt to initiate 3 or 4 withdraws in a day the second the bank took the money away from PayPal. Thats why people have to tell the branch of the bank to initiate a freeze on the account for a least a week so that PayPal cannot withdrawal any funds and they will give up in a few days.

Anyway any bank account that is linked with PayPal should not be your primary account to pay bills or have money in. Any account that you link with PayPal should always be a secondary account. Just incase PayPal does go into your bank account, and does take money out, you wont get hit with bounced checks for checks you had written to your utility company or car loan. Even though it wasnt your fault, if you bounce a check for a loan, it does go on your credit history with that company.

So its always good to use PayPal with a secondary bank account and never your primary.

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 08-07-2007 22:39

giacarangi2

Can you believe the actual mentality of some people???? The $1.00 - your so called preauthorization fee is NOT a fee. That's standard practice with EVERYONE not just PayPal. Thats so they can verify the billable address on the credit card. The minimal charge for any credit card is $1.00. That charge falls off within 48 hours of the charge because the approval code is never sent to your credit card company. So I dont know where you get that from.

With all the bullsh it that people do, its no wonder PayPal has restrictions. PayPal is an internet based company handling credit cards. Since the transaction is not face to face, they have to implement basic security features.

If you really want to use PayPal then get a MAC Visa card linked to your bank account and use that, if your bitc hing about it. Some people are just lazy winers!

Your initiating 6 charges for under $1.00 ANYONE WOULD OF FLAGGGED that. What in the **** are you doing trying to charge transations under $1.00 are you trying to buy bubble gum!

And you wonder why I think people are dumb fuc ken morons!

giacarangi2
Active User

Sent: 08-07-2007 21:49

{Aug 2007}
Paypal is forcing users to add a bank aco**** by limiting their account, regardless
if they add a credit card. For some unknown reason, adding a credit card and receiving the
$1 pre-authorization fee only increases your spending limit to $2000 (for USA accounts).
Although, adding a credit card it does nothing to verify your account.
Paypal will limit your Premier account, if you add a credit card and send money a few times.
This is insane. More often then not Paypal will have you do these two things to lift the verification.
(1) Add and verify a bank Account
(2) Confirm your location

In my opinion, this makes no sense, if you are only sending money from your credit card.
I had my account limited from using a MasterCard Gift Card and I sent payments of 6 things all under $1. I'm not sure if Paypal is doing this becuase of the heat from government regulators or it's their new push to force everyone to add a bank account regarldess if you are accepting money.
In my case, I never accepted any money

Statistics

Currently Online: 2 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.7675 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software