NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: Angry with PayPal? Want to get results? Here's how: -- Page 7 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Angry with PayPal? Want to get results? Here's how:
<Angie>
Not Registered

Angry with PayPal? Want to get results? Here's how:
Sent: 07-13-2005 12:13

I've been burned as well. I'm surprised and saddened to see that I have so much company! Essentially, I made the mistake of mailing an item to a difficult and dishonest buyer without a tracking number (only one I've ever done that with, interestingly...). She opened a complaint with PayPal that she had never received the item, then shortly thereafter e-mailed me through ebay that she had received the item. However, she never closed the complaint with PayPal, and they tried to contact her twice to see if she had received the item. She never responded, and they took the money out of my account anyway! Thank God our justice system doesn't assume the accused's guilt with lack of reponse from the accuser! I've called and e-mailed PayPal many, many times, and am always told there is nothing they can do. They will not contact the buyer - they tell me that I should try and contact her. Not a viable alternative, considering her history. She has my merchandise AND my money, and now I can't close my account because my balance is negative from their withdrawal. On principle, I refuse to put any more money in. What can I do?

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

PayPalMustDie
Message Maniac

Sent: 07-06-2005 23:14

Quote:
My husband and I decided that it would be in our best interest to use paypal for purchases and not sales. Like you said, they are only looking out for the buyer. As a seller, you are potentially screwed if you accept payment through paypal.
Precisely. Lucky you didn't have to find out the hard way...

<michael ezel>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-06-2005 19:44

PaypalSucks, pay pal used my debit card to pay for an order i placed then tried to pay it the second time an over drawed my bank account then told the co. i ordered from it didnt clear now i am out 533.45+26.00 in bank charges

<Tirzeh>
Not Registered

Sent: 07-06-2005 10:32

<VIcky>, Thanks for your story. My husband and I decided that it would be in our best interest to use paypal for purchases and not sales. Like you said, they are only looking out for the buyer. As a seller, you are potentially screwed if you accept payment through paypal.

<VIcky>
Not Registered

Sent: 06-30-2005 09:43

<Tirzeh>, I had a simalar problem with paypal I will post my story below, but I wanted to tell you that I had insuffiecient funds in my account and they did charge my credit card with out my aurthorization I did file a charge back with my credit card company about the problem all I can say is PAYPAL SUCKS dont use them on top of the horrible ways they conduct there business they rip you off with there fees and are very rude to people! See below

Over a month ago I sold a purse on ebay, and the buyer paid through paypal (I clearly stated no refuns ext but was unaware that Paypal could charge you back and go though this whole complaint process I SHOULD HAVE FOUND THIS SITE MONTHS AGO). 5 weeks after she had a purse she filed a claim saying it was "fake" I went though the whole complaint process(sent them emails of what the auction was for and what it included like the auth card ext) and the case was awarded to her and they pulled the money back from my account upon the return of the item to me. I never recieved the item it was sent to an incorrect address where whom ever got the package refused it. According to paypal it does not matter that I dont have the pruse back she will get both now because it was refused(even though it was not refused by me I was told take it up with the buyer we have nothing more to do with it). I find this very unfair to me I am with out the money now and the pruse and that paypal can make that desicion. I was also told that I am a fraud and that I am luck they are not taking me to court becuase I would be facing jail time. I hope someone can help because this whole problem is uncalled for.

Also I had a neagitive balance in my account which they charged my creidt card for and I file a dispute with my credit card company and they told me that if I hear nothing in 45 days consider the credit final, but reading all this stuff I am assuming I will hear something! With PayPal everything is your fault the seller that is. I just can't believe that some people can get away with everything to me this whole thing and about every post i read is a complete scam and is making us good people not want to sell on ebay anymore.

<Tirzeh>
Not Registered

Help please
Sent: 06-13-2005 06:19

I sold a bottle of face cream to a lady with the option of insurance and she didn't purchase it. I even stated that once I left the post office that I was no longer responsible if insurance wasn't purchased. You guessed it, she receives an open package stating that it was opened and empty from the post office. Well whatever happened happened internally at the post office. The buyer filed a complaint with paypal and after giving both sides of or stories(I even gave them the link to the auction proving my insurance declarations) they sided with her and are giving her the money back. Can I appeal? How can it be my fault that the post office screwed up but she didn't purchase the insurance? I'm a single mother of three and 50.00 means a lot to me. Also, it says I have insuffiecient funds in my account, what if there are never any funds put in to fulfill my new debt? WIll they take the money from my bank or cc?
Any help or input would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

<Nadaf>
Not Registered

Angry with eBay? Suspended? Want to get results? Here's how:
Sent: 06-08-2005 19:49

www.xebayer.com, great information. I also like www.ubid.com, www.overstock.com and www.epier.com

<Nadaf>
Not Registered

Sent: 06-08-2005 19:46

<Paul>, Here is a new site for Xebayers
www.xebayer.com

<>
Not Registered

Sent: 06-04-2005 15:37

PaypalSucks, A month ago they put me on limit access and as of today, June 4, 2005 they havent advised me as to why. I am unable to purchase anything as they have my money on hold ($200) so I have decided not to sell anything now. When you call the so-called customer service they are ignorant to what the reason is and they tell you send them an email and they will respond to you and let you know what is going on. The only thing I have been able to find out is something happened in 2003 with a bank account I had. Please lets get more then their hands slapped. They think they are the only game in town but I am sure we could do better with a company that has a heart.

<Chris Taylor>
Not Registered

Sent: 06-02-2005 14:16

PaypalSucks,

Paypal is easy to handle. set uop a few free checking account. attach them to paypal. when someone pays you wait a few days before shipping then EMPTY the bank account save a dollar or two

Log everything. maybe even wait 5 days before shipping.

then after you HAVE the money sene the items.

now if it turns up fraud you lose a dollar or 2 and its not a problem between the bank and paypal. not you.

if the bank does not side with you its a one shot deal and that account is toast (take notes and keep everything so if they try to attack your credit report you can dispute and fight it)

Problem solved. thats what I do. I have been fortunate to have never been severly burned yet but if I do I wont lose any money.

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/

<rmirps>
Not Registered

Sent: 05-19-2005 00:05

<merchant>, I would like to know more about using merchant accoutns on my website as I currently use paypal but am stuck with it.

<Paypal User>
Not Registered

Sent: 05-10-2005 19:35

Hi everyone,

I was hurt by using paypal ;-( and there's NO Check send from the balance of the paypal account - Now, I never use PAYPAL again!!

But for those buyers who keep insisting to use paypal wiile they don't know what they're running into, i turely feel disappointment & feel bad for these users ;-(

I did some search & found another service that's based in U.K. we should spread the words as much as we can & others will follow!!

check out: www.pppay.com for only 1.95%

Enjoy!!

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 05-10-2005 01:05

You've already started the process. Just have to give it some time.

However, I would recommend you get yourself another processor. Here's what happens.. (and we hear this many times). People get upset, say "as soon as I get this paypal mess straightened out, I'm never going to use them again" and then as soon as it's fixed, they forget all about it.... Till the next time it happens. So do yourself a favor. Go to the options page ( http://paypalsucks.com/options.shtml )and find yourself another way to accept credit card and take payments. Consider it good insurance.

Then once you are out from under PayPal's thumb, you'll have a whole new, better, attitude and the paypal mess won't bother you as much.

<David>
Not Registered

Sent: 05-10-2005 00:54

<>, my email is eternallostboy0425@gmail.com if anyone can help me out, thanks

<>
Not Registered

Sent: 05-10-2005 00:52

PaypalSucks, I am so fed up with Paypal. I sold two items on Paypal for total of $314 back in October 2000. This is almost 5 years old. I tried to resolve it back then but they said i was liable for the charge even though i had sent out the items. I had already withdrew the amount so my account had -$314 on it. I opened another account and have been using it till now. For the most part it has been smooth except for the last 8 months. Finally they locked my account and I have about 1.2K held and I cannot take it out. I have already contacted the BBB (useless really) and my State Attorney general. I really hate paypal and if I ever get this resolved, I will be closing it immediately.

Not only that, prior to my account getting locked I had sent a payment of $40 to a person using credit card. I have never disputed the amount and now that person is screwed $40. I told the person I sent payment and Paypal is stealing the money from him. I have my credit card statement and payment to prove I paid for the amount.

Paypal needs a total overhaul on how it conducts business as it is clearly mismanaged and entirely flawed.

I want my money back. Any suggestions would be great, please email me if you can help me out.

Prev  61 - 75   76 - 90  91 - 105  106 - 120   121 - 135  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 0.8553 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative