NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: How can I Makesure paypal doesn't TAKE MY MONEY? -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: How can I Makesure paypal doesn't TAKE MY MONEY?
buddhafest

How can I Makesure paypal doesn't TAKE MY MONEY?
Sent: 05-07-2006 16:56

forallthebirds,

Yes, as XPPMAN said closing your bank account and credit card that is on your Paypal would be the safest way to go.

I just got an email from paypal

"Dear Raymond Chiu,

We have conducted a review of a payment that you received. In this case, returning the funds to the sender was determined to be the
appropriate action, and we have completed a reversal of the payment. Good selling practices, like trackable shipping, prompt
shipment, and communication between buyer and seller help prevent disputes.

The funds from the following transaction have been debited from your account:

Transaction Date: Apr. 20, 2006 14:23:20 PDT
Transaction Amount: $284.00 CAD
Buyer's Email: linda.tweety@gmail.com
If you have questions regarding this reversed transaction, please contact us using the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/row/wf/f=ap_hist

We appreciate your patience during this investigation.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your
PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Security Advisory: When you log in to your PayPal account, be sure to open up a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape)
and type in the PayPal URL to make sure you are on the real PayPal website.
For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review the Security Tips in our Security Center."

Screw them, "Good selling practices, like trackable shipping, prompt
shipment, and communication between buyer and seller help prevent disputes."

That's a comeplete lie. I used t heir built in shipping program with Canada Post and sent it the nexxt day
i fulfilled good selling practices, tracking and propmt shipment, the only thing was communication with the buyer, but Paypal didn't help facilitate any communication.

So F-Them

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 05-06-2006 15:37

forallthebirds,
No stop payment is needed.
If the money is already "cleared" your
account PP can not legally go back in and take it.

If the money was in transfer from your PP to your bank account then PP
can stop the transfer but NOT after it has been completed.

To be safe close your bank account and credit cards you have on file with PP and be done with them.

forallthebirds
New User

Sent: 05-05-2006 15:03

Ebay, But when I e mailed my bank they said something about doing a stop payment. . with that I would have to give them the amount for which they would have to stop payment.. How does this work?

How do I know FOR SURE how much paypal might TRY to take out? i just want to in GENERAL prevent paypal in any way , any amount withdrawing... So I file a stop payment BEFORE paypal tries to withdraw or after? ... Any info is appreciated.

forallthebirds
New User

Sent: 05-05-2006 15:03

Ebay, But when I e mailed my bank they said something about doing a stop payment. . with that I would have to give them the amount for which they would have to stop payment.. How does this work?

How do I know FOR SURE how much paypal might TRY to take out? i just want to in GENERAL prevent paypal in any way , any amount withdrawing... So I file a stop payment BEFORE paypal tries to withdraw or after? ... Any info is appreciated.

<Ebay>
Not Registered

Sent: 05-05-2006 12:19

forallthebirds,
YOU PAY YOUR BANK $35.00 FOR A ELECTRONIC STOP PAYMENT AGAINST PAYPAL

forallthebirds
New User

Sent: 05-04-2006 17:35

i sell some items on e bay sometimes and a seller recently filed a claim. i always withdraw all my money from paypal but I don't want paypal to overdraft my checking acct or anything like that! How can I make sure this doesn't happen?

I heard you can call your bank, I use bank of america, and ask them to not allow paypal to withdraw, but what exactly do I say to them? I tried e mailing my bank and they said "
Our records show that the transaction in question is an ACH transaction.
Kindly note an Automated Clearing House, ACH, payment is a contractual
agreement between you and the payee or merchant. Unfortunately, we are
unable to stop the transactions presented to your account.

As mentioned earlier, a stop payment can be placed on future payments to
the vendor. If you would like us to place a stop payment, please send
us a message with your request.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If we may be
of further assistance, please contact us again by e-mail.

Sincerely,

Joseph Hunk
Bank of America
"

WTF does that mean? I do not want to refund a buyer who screwed ME over. And I am willing to close my paypal acct and find other means .. if i were to delete my credit card and debit info off paypal and "close" my account, would they still debit from my bank acct or would they be more wary to?

PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE quick. I am not sure what to do.

If the above is not possible, can I ask my bank to transfer my funds to another bank acct and close the one that paypal has on file? They wouldn't be able to do anything with my checking acct then, correct? Are they allowed to take off my credit card, or could i if they tried, call my credit card company and have them CHARGE PAYPAL?

Statistics

Currently Online: 13 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 0.514 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software