NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: You've Got To Be Kidding Me -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: You've Got To Be Kidding Me
egay

You've Got To Be Kidding Me
Sent: 04-18-2006 00:26

ebay and paypal are both stinking rich. They live in luxury we get an empty bag of false promises
That's capitalism for ya. Communism is a form of capitalism as well except government have ownership of everything including human resources.
They are 2 side of the same coin, either way we're screwed.
Do I love money? Not at all. Do most people? yes, they want lots and lots of it. If I have a billion I'll probably spend it all in a day, why you say? so others can benefit from it. I'm not like the greedy bankers at all, where money is created from paper, ink, and some cloth called nylon so they can play 52 card pickup where you do most of the work while they sit and eat lol. If someone have legal rights to create money, they are God and can rule the world whether we like it or not.
You guys do not understand money and how it is used to manipulate serfs that's us to do hard work for next to nothing. Paypal and Ebay serve a master, that's the central banking institution. I believe they are sister or brother where no matter how much complaint their is against them it goes to death ear. Our money is an IOU, that comes with an attachment not if I have this much, then I am this much richer.

There is always a way to jerk all of it back so that the creator will get back all of it plus interest whether you have to bleed someone to death or not.
People do not understand the difference between debt free money and debt money that the bearer are servant to lender.

I'm not making much sense am I? Perhaps its too complicated for the poorly educated. I know how most of us are unfairly compensated for our hard labors but there is little we can do about it since all agree to lose everything including our belonging should we are unable to make a minimum of payment every month.

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

shrekkiller
New User

Sent: 04-16-2006 20:43

JustFedUp,

Not only changing profiles on eBay & PP when signing new account, you have to change your computer as well. If you use old computer that has been used to log in *any* limited accounts. Paypal WILL catch up and lock them too.

IP address is one thing for sure. I'm not quite sure but I think they also trace MAC address ( machine address ). Deleting cookies or temp files doesn;t help. Once you put your address or any other info on eBay & PP, your info will stay with them FOREVER. The more trying to change your address, the more red flags your accounts will get.

You can mess with Paypal. But dont do it with eBay. Without PP, you can use new eBay account + merchant. But without eBay, you really are screwed. Right now I'm using CSI (LinkPoint) + ProStores with no problems. No paypal means less customers. But it is worth in long run.

Stop thinking to get $ back from Paypal. They'll try their best to come up with lame reason to refund buyers. If you are lucky and eventually have positive balance, you can withdraw it in next 6 months ( when time comes, go out and use net cafe.). At this point, close your bank account & credit card and open merchant. I have been thru this for 4 months til I found out there was no way to use paypal again. You just have to live without pp and move on. Your situation is like mine. My account went negative for $1600. I was begging like a puss cat to get my account back. I was so pathetic that I used my sister & friends and finally they were all gone. I faxed everything I had just to prove that I was very stupid to let them knew everything about me and made it easier for them to lock any other accounts I might going to use.

Take my advice, be strong, you will survive.

JustFedUp

Sent: 04-14-2006 06:56

PayPalTerminator,

No, I'm not giving them any more information. As far as opening another PP account, that is NOT an option. I just got a Merchant Account so buyers can either pay by CC, Money Order, or Cashier's Check. I may experience a drop in sales, but in the long run it's worth it because I'm not going to keep opening up new PP accounts just so they can "Link" them & lock them up. When they locked mine up due to "Linking" it w/ my old roommate's accout, that p'ed me off. But after they locked up my friend's account, that put the icing on the cake as far as whether I would use them again in the future or not.

I got the Greed Dot card to add a new CC # & Bank Acct # because I am emailing all the buyers & having them file for items not received so they get their money back. I just don't want her original CC & Bank Acct getting hit once the PP acct goes into the neg. The Green Dot CC & Bank Acct #'s have been set in there as the primary acct's, but it won't let us delete the previous acct's in there. PP is keeping them in there as secondary?

At any rate, the money used to start the Green Dot card has been spent already, so there's pretty much nothing left in there if PP tries to take any money from it when the unpaid items start coming thru. If they try to hit her secondary acct's on PP for the unpaid items, that's when we're going to have a problem.

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 04-13-2006 23:58

xppman,

CALL THE BANK AND DISPUTE THE CHARGES. JUST STAY YOU GOT SPOOF EMAIL FROM EBAY AND ITS INTERNET FRAUD. YOUR COVERED.

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 04-13-2006 23:57

JustFedUp,

It doesnt matter, once an account is locked it stays locked period. Dont give them anymore information whatsoever, especially your SS.

Go open another PayPal account but this time make sure there's no same information that was on your old paypal account.

JustFedUp

Sent: 04-13-2006 11:07

xppman,
Well, the latest scoop is that she not only had a bank account on hers but also a credit card. So I went to Walgreen's & got her one of those Greed Dot cards. I went in & added new CC & bank account info & it all verified & went thru OK, so I set both of them as the "Primary" for each. Problem is, it won't let me delete the old bank account or the old CC? It's still got both of those on there as secondary. I'm hoping that this is going to do the trick, because I am in the process right now of contacting everyone to have them file for items not received.

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 04-08-2006 08:59

JustFedUp,

Quote:
But if everyone files for unpaid items & it runs her balance into the negative, will they or won't they try to take money out of her bank account to cover it?
To short answer to your question is. NO
They can NOT legally take money out of her bank account to cover it.

BUT
Once hers was placed on Limited Access add although she went into
her profile & deleted all ebay accounts that are linked.
PayPal and ebay STILL have all this data.
She simply just does NOT see it in her profile anymore.

The safest way to ensure that PP can't take money out of her bank account
is to close the account and any credit and debit cards she had on
the ebay and PP accounts.

I am glad you are NOT using PP at all.
We still PP on a VERY limited basis and keep 0 funds in the account.

I'm sure all the merchant companies already knew about this site too and
it's no wonder alot of them have been getting alot of people making the switch from PP.

PS We use the merchant account offered here and love it.

JustFedUp

Sent: 04-08-2006 08:25

xppman,
Well, she only did it as a favor to me because selling on ebay is what I do FT so there is no other form of income coming into this house. I turned down my sister's offer to use hers because I know it would only be a matter of time & they would do the same to hers.

As for my account, there was about $300 in there when it got locked up & I rigth away took the items recently paid for & shipped them off myself. After me jumping thru all their hoops & them still telling me my account is on Limited Access, unless the old roommate pays to bring up his balance mine will stay that way for 180 days & once that time is up I have to contact them to get my money back either thru them mailing me a check or transferring it to my bank account. I'm looking at the beginning of September when that option will be available.

My friend's account is not linked to any ebay accounts. Once hers was placed on Limited Access she went into her profile & deleted all ebay accounts that linked. But she never sold anything on there, just buying, so she doesn't have any fees owed to them anyway. She doesn't have anything set up on autopay thru her PP either.

But if everyone files for unpaid items & it runs her balance into the negative, will they or won't they try to take money out of her bank account to cover it?

P.S. I am NOT using anymore PP accounts at all. Once the merchant account gets set up next week, that will be on my auctions as well as the option for money order/cashier's check. When I was calling all the merchant companies yesterday, most of them already knew about this site & alot of them said they've been getting alot of people like me lately making the switch from PP! ;)

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 04-08-2006 08:06

JustFedUp,

Listen to her and follow the advice you found on here.

Contact all the buyers & tell them what PP did & refer them here
to back you up.

Tell them to file for items not received.
They WILL get their money back, if they used a credit card
to purchase, they can go directly to their credit card company and file a chargeback.

PP will eat the loss and WILL credit the card holders account
no matter what money is in your frozen PP account.

If they used a bank transfer or e check (which means the already have a
PP account) then they may not get their money back.
And if not... Well... PP will have just lose some more customers.

Anyone who is allowing you to funnel money through their PP accounts
is foolish and will soon find themselves with a frozen account as well and if your "friend"
has any recurring payments like "auto pay" for ebay actions for example.

PP WILL "piggy back" what they claim you owe them and take
IT right out of your friends bank account.

For instance if her ebay fees are set up though PP auto pay and her monthly
fee is $10.00 and they now claim you owe 800.00. PP WILL SNATCH 810.00 OUT OF HER BANK ACCOUNT.

But then again there will be even more customers pp loses.

PS:
Don't think for a second that if PP finds out you are using the account they will
shut it down right then.

They will sit on it and wait for one of two things to occur:

1) Enough funds are coming into the PP account to FREEZE it.

OR

2) A recurring "autopay" comes up and they can snatch the money from the PP
account holders bank account.

Then they will let you know that now this PP account is frozen too.

JustFedUp

Sent: 04-08-2006 07:33

SameDayEbay,
Hmmm, that's interesting. They must have changed things around. I did manage to contact my old roommate & I don't know if he's going to pay off his balance or not. Unfortunately, I have no control over it either way if he does or not. But he said last year when it originally happened to him there were of course buyers who filed for items not received & PP refunded everyone then & that's how he ended up with such a huge negative balance even after his account got locked up. What he doesn't remember is whether or not PP attempted to remove funds from his bank account to try to bring up the balance because he had no money in his bank account that was linked. So if they did try to transfer money, they failed because there was nothing in there.

I just which I knew for sure, because my friend's account that got locked up, she's telling me to follow the advice I found on here & contact all the buyers & tell them (a short version) of what PP did & refer them here & ask them to file for items not received. She's thinking this way they can get their money back & I can then resell the items (by that time should have the merchant account setup). Problem is, the items come to more than what's in the account. And hers is linked to a bank account she uses on a regular basis, so I would hate to do this & once they start refunding & the balance falls below zero & suddenly find out that they're taking funds from her bank account to cover the balance.

JustFedUp

Sent: 04-08-2006 02:54

Wow...I really thought someone would have posted something on this by now. :(

Anyway, I saw on one of the other threads where you guys were advising the guy to contact all of his buyers & tell them to file with PP for items not received since the money was locked up in there already.

My question is, what happens if you have all your buyers do this but the totals for all the stuff is greater than what's locked up in the PP account? Say for example there's $200 locked up in there but if you have all your buyers do this it's comes to $400. Would the account just get run into the negative? Or would PP try to take the other money out of your bank account that you have linked to it to try to get the other money to cover it?

JustFedUp

Sent: 04-06-2006 23:43

I wish I would have gotten that email BEFORE I called that jerk in the Resolution Center the other day.

JustFedUp

Sent: 04-06-2006 23:42

A woman went to a K-Mart service counter and told the clerk she wanted a refund for the toaster she bought because it won't work.
The clerk told her that he can't give her a refund because she bought it on special.

Suddenly, the woman threw her arms up in the air and started screaming,

"PINCH MY NIPPLES,
PINCH MY NIPPLES,
PINCH MY NIPPLES!!!!!!"

The befuddled clerk ran away to get the store manager in front of a growing crowd of customers.

The manager goes to the woman and asks,"Ma'am what's wrong?"

She explained the problem with the toaster, and he told her that he can't give her a refund because she bought it on special.

Once again, the woman throws her arms up in the air and screamed,

"PINCH MY NIPPLES,
PINCH MY NIPPLES,
PINCH MY NIPPLES!!!"

And doing so draws an even bigger crowd!

In shock, the store manager pleads,
"Ma'am, why are you saying that?"

In a huff, the woman says,

"BECAUSE, I LIKE TO HAVE
MY NIPPLES PINCHED
WHEN I'M BEING SCREWED!!"

The crowd broke into applause and her money was quickly refunded!!

JustFedUp

Sent: 04-06-2006 23:26

I was selling on ebay with no problems for about 6 mo & 1 day get an email from PP saying they need me to verify some info on my account. I log in to find out the account has been placed on Limited Access & go to the 'Resolution Center' & see they need me to verify the location for my account by doing a phone call. I click on everything, get the phone call, enter the code, get an email saying it went thru...and *POOF* another email saying the account is still on Limited Access cuz they're linking it to another account.

I call them the next day to find out they are somehow linking my account to my old roommate's account & until he brings his neg balance up to $0, mine will still be on Limited Access. I went thru many phone calls with them trying to figure this out, especially since I am female & he is male. Different names, different CC #'s, different bank accounts, different ebay accounts. But the same info was stuff like address, phone number, IP addy, email addresses both ending the same, etc.

In the meantime I had about $300 in there when they did this & had items that had ended within that week that needed to be shipped out, so I had to take everything to the post office & pay for shipping out of pocket.

I then get another email saying they need me to verify more info & to fax them my ID, bank statement, & utility bill. And also to add & verify a new bank account. My previous bank account was an online one & apparrantly they don't accept those. So, I jump thru all their hoops & open a bank account at a regular bank, add it in, verify it, get all my other documents & fax it to them, and I wait. I finally get more emails from them telling me the same thing, that my account is 'Linked' to his & until his is paid my account will remain on Limited Access.

I call them again & this time got a total jerk in the Resolution Center. He practically had me in tears he was being so mean to me. I was just trying to figure out HOW they were linking these accounts when this was another person who I have no control over his finances or what he does/did with his money & WHY did they have me verify all my info & show them that it was me & still have these linked?

His answer: 'Well, we have no way of knowing if he's using your account to conduct business' WHAT??? You've got to be kidding me!!

I asked him to put me thru to someone in Account Review & he informed me that there is no direct line to them (however, after doing some looking around on here I see that's not the case).

Not only is he no longer living here, but even if he was & we both went into a local bank & each opened our own accounts & he ran his into the neg & left it that way, there is NO WAY that that bank would suddenly come after me & my account & my money.

Well, since I have been selling on ebay FT & this suddenly happened, a friend of mine was kind enough to let me use her PP. Unfortunately, they somehow caught up to it & locked up her account as well. Funny thing is, she lives like an hour from me so NONE of the info on her account matches mine.

To top it all off, since they are owned by ebay, they reported this info to ebay & ebay NARU'd me. At first I thought it was cuz of seller fees due. I had fallen a lil behind due to the PP lock up. So I paid the past due amount & that got cleared but still didn't clear up the ebay account. It took awhile, but I finally got an email from ebay saying (you guessed it) they were linking my ebay account to his (which he had also ran into the neg & got NARU'd).

So I have since gotten a PO box & opened up a new ebay account, and now my sis is trying to talk me into using her PP...but I don't even wanna go there. During all the problems over the past month, I tried out Overstock, Yahoo, Amazon, & checked out some others...but didn't have much success on those at all. For the stuff I sell, it does the best on ebay & until there becomes a replacement for them it's what I'm stuck with.

I had also listed some items locally where I'm at on craigslist (funny thing was it was for local pick-up & cash only), but someone emailed me offering double what I was asking for it & would send a MO & no longer used PP & to see why go here & there was link to this site. I didn't respond back to that one cuz I just figured it was another one of those scams, but was very happy to find this site.

I have been filling myself up with finding all the necessary info I can on here & will be trying to find ways to do whatever is necessary to fight PP on this one.

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 0.9864 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software