NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: My account is limited for the second time! -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: My account is limited for the second time!
omega987
Active User

My account is limited for the second time!
Sent: 03-30-2006 03:08

unknown_cdn, Welcome to the club one you have a paypal limitation it is likely you will have one every so often until they realize your going to fight them all and get your money back. todate I have revive 12 we would like to begin parting ways emails. A little know fact is rhat those are automated emails that every one is sent if there account is limited for to long a period. I recommend getting an attorney as they have tried that linked account crap with me. To my knowledge they never fix it them selfs.

There are 3 reasons for that either you had an account before and given you reaction I doubt that is the case. 2 some one stole some of you info and made an account at one point happens more than you think. 3 paypal is just making the whole thing up which is why I recommend you get a layer.

In all likelihood what they are going to do if you do not is you will give them all the info they ask for and they will still keep your account limited until such time as you can resolve the linked account(s) as it is not yours that is never going to happen and in many cases illegal. However, until you have an attorney working with and directing you to all the proper authorities paypal stand fast by statements like do to privacy reasons we can not tell you what info in your other account leads us to think it is yours. Most of the time they wont even tell what the accounts are saying something like at the following domain @domin.net which tells you nothing

It is laughable what they consider grounds for a linked account. One of the ones they linked me with was a phone number and address from a phone book typo with finical info from another state so essentially the only info linking me to it was info some one got out of the yellow pages. Another was a brothers account and one really was ID theft from a box of checks some one stole from the mail.

If PAYPAL actually did the investigations they claimed they would see all this to but then that would mean they would actually have to spend money enforcing there policies. It is much easer for them to have you and your attorney do it for them and just bill them for it. If I had to guess I bet less than 5 % actually do so witch is a shame considering how cheaply it can be done if enough people have an interest. There just counting on that old wise tail that a layer costs to much and it is a shame but most people believe it and worse PAYPAL knows it. Check out the following thread ( Do you want an attorney to help you with your eBay/PAYPAL case?) if enough people actually want to protect there rights I se to it they can do it for 500 a year or less.

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 03-17-2006 08:16

libra88,

If you have money in the account.
They already have you over a barrel.
Give them the information to gain access to your account.
Get the money out and get away from PayPal.

Otherwise let them hold your money hostage for 180 days and
let them earn some interest on it too.

If you follow this advise also right after you have your money from them go
to your bank and close the account. Re open a new one at the same time.
Once you mention paypal they will understand.
If you have any credit cards on file with payfraud.
Report them lost or stolen and get new ones.

<fleabay>
Not Registered

Sent: 03-15-2006 11:28

libra88,
What can you do?

The answers are here I think so just look deeper.

libra88
New User

Sent: 03-14-2006 18:44

My account was limited and they requested me to sent some documents for verification. I didn't not do it. So my account is still being limited.

<fleabay>
Not Registered

Sent: 03-14-2006 18:00

2crazy2care,
You can sue them if they don't release your funds.
But if they don't want to do business
with you not sure what else you can do.

Check deeper into this sites forums.
Some good info in here to help you out.
Just go back through the threads.
There is information on contacting the authorities and such too.

2crazy2care
New User

Sent: 03-14-2006 16:52

<fleabay>, how can i handle this

<fleabay>
Not Registered

Sent: 03-14-2006 16:40

2crazy2care,
They will probably send you the "we want to part ways" letter
and keep what ever funds you have in their now for 180 days.

2crazy2care
New User

Sent: 03-14-2006 16:37

<fleabay>, my account has been limited and gave them 5 out of the 7 things they want do you think i will get my cash out of them or not. They profiled me and said i'am in a high risk catergory.

<fleabay>
Not Registered

Sent: 03-14-2006 14:26

unknown_cdn,
Once you get past the garbage that our new resident troll keeps posting here you may find some answeres.

I know this is no help after the fact but:

NEVER LEAVE MONEY IN YOUR PP ACCOUNT.

They can not be trusted and may keep your money for up to
180 days or more as they are NOT regulated like a bank.

unknown_cdn
New User

Sent: 03-14-2006 13:48

I have been using paypal for about six months. I really liked their service when I first started doing my business with paypal.

However my account was limited about 4 weeks ago. I had $1200 in my account. After the account got limited, I got busy. Thanks to my hardwork which included about 12 phone calls and 3 faxes I was able to get my account back after 13 days. I was really happy when I recieved the email saying "Your account has been restored".

I was surprised when I recieved an email from paypal on saturday (Mar 14h) saying my account IS LIMITED AGAIN! I really couldn't figure out the reason behind the limitation... when I logged into my account it says confirm location under the resolution centre... but I already confirmed my location, business information etc. when my accout got limited the first time.

So I called them... and they said my account is linked to another account which has been limited! I had about $5000 CDN in my account... hopefully I'll get to hear from paypal soon!

But what's the point of limiting an account for 2 times! And that was only about 2 weeks after my first limitation was resolved! This is really not fair.

You guys have any suggestions?

Statistics

Currently Online: 9 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 0.5941 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative