NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: Limited Account fiasco - all help is appreciated!! -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Limited Account fiasco - all help is appreciated!!
<fpaypal>
Not Registered

Limited Account fiasco - all help is appreciated!!
Sent: 03-05-2006 00:39

I also am a minor and the same exact thing is happening to me
-I do dropshipping
But to make it plain and simple:
-Auctions end (10 items sold), but payments are received in 1-2 days apart
-I cant order the shipment of the items until i have all of the money for the whole order
-i was basically 10 dollars away from what i needed to complete the order and send the money to the supplier
-an e-check clears the next day giving me the balance i need to pay my supplier but now i look above my balance and it says account is limited
-so they basically tell me that i also just liek you need to fax info such as photo i.d. , supplier info, and more to paypal
-now i have to explain to all my customers what is happening and i of course will get negative feedbak
-on top of that my dad is already pissed because i told him that I am going to need to fax a copy of his liscense to paypal (he hasnt been answering my calls)*parents divorced

NOW TELL ME IM NOT ****ED ALSO

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

elscapo
New User

Sent: 02-15-2006 15:13

<Big_Dave>,

No, I know exactly what he is referring to. Paypal did this to 3 people I know including myself it is due to high volume accounts. Paypal will freeze your account for up to 6 months and they will ask you for endless documents just as an excuse to lock the funds (you do realize meanwhile they reinvest those locked funds). They wanted contact info for my suppliers, and all types of sensitive personal information after that. Sorry to say man, but you are ****ed, they will drag this out for 6 months then they will close your account at the end, its unavoidable.

As for being a minor, im no lawyer but I think the ridiculous user agreement they make you agree to cannot be entered into by minors, and thus you may force their hand since the contract is null and void, but the funds are still yours. You should talk to an attorney.

<Big_Dave>
Not Registered

Sent: 02-14-2006 11:50

<Bootopaypal>,

That is correct, but he received that via email, after 4 years of service, not at sign up. I've gotten this email about 4 times now, and have not responded to any of them, and still have complete and full acess to my account. Thanks though.

<Bootopaypal>
Not Registered

Sent: 02-14-2006 10:47

Quote:
andrewc66,

Son, you just got phished. You just gave up your social, your bank account number, and your ID number... and your credit standing in one foul swoop. You better call the bank now before they pull all your cash on you, and contact the identity theft department of SS.
If you read the TOS of PayPal, they state they will never ask you for personal information such as your social.

Sorry about your luck, but you better get on top of this now before the next 10 years of your life is screwed from bad credit and fraud watches. Good luck.

They might not ask for personal information through email, but in your account they do ask for your social security, bank account, proof of address etc for validation purposes.

<Big_Dave>
Not Registered

Sent: 02-14-2006 10:30

andrewc66,

Son, you just got phished. You just gave up your social, your bank account number, and your ID number... and your credit standing in one foul swoop. You better call the bank now before they pull all your cash on you, and contact the identity theft department of SS.
If you read the TOS of PayPal, they state they will never ask you for personal information such as your social.

Sorry about your luck, but you better get on top of this now before the next 10 years of your life is screwed from bad credit and fraud watches. Good luck.

bootopaypal

Sent: 02-13-2006 15:00

Make up an excuse like a family emergency, both call and email them. Save all emails, and record all phone calls. In a month return as all is now well, and fax them your ID. Only a month should do no harm, Good luck!

PS; I thought all teenagers had fake ID's nowdays;P JK

<ebaysux>
Not Registered

Sent: 02-13-2006 07:55

andrewc66,
Sorry but you are screwed.

andrewc66
New User

Sent: 02-11-2006 19:42

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any advice, it is greatly appreciated. I am 17 years and 11 months old. I have had a PayPal Verified Business Account for over 4 years now. Suddenly this morning I get a "Notification of Limited Account Access". They ask me to fax some documents, so I faxed my Social Sec. card, bank statement and photo ID over, but they replied and informed me that they needed to see my driver's license. My license has my date of birth on it, so they will see that my 18th birthday is not for another month.

My question is, what should I do in this situation? I understand that I have been in violation of their TOS, but it is very important to me to have this PayPal account going forward. I was also told that "Should access to your account remain limited for an extended period of time, it may result in account closure." If I send them the license with my age, does anyone have any idea of what they might do? Could I re-open an account once I was 18?

Thanks!

Statistics

Currently Online: 5 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 0.3913 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative