NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: Avoiding Debt Collectors -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Avoiding Debt Collectors
blackwidow

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-17-2006 15:09

JMS, Netdropshipper is not a reputable company. They are being sued by numerous eBay sellers as well as scrutnized by the Cali Attorney General. They are one reason PayPal does not like sellers relying on dropshipping companies.

As far as the letters go, if you have already sent the item the the customer and have proof, there is nothing PayPal can do legally. Hold on to your receipts and all proof of shipping. Now if Netdropshipper never sent the item, even if you have paid for it, that is gonna fall into your lap because you are still responsible for supplying the buyer with the merchandise if they paid for it.

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

JMS
New User

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-16-2006 19:32

Hey, guys. Question for you.

I signed up with this dropshipper company, netdropshipper.com and I listed some of their items on bidville.com, one of the items I listed (ps2 with games for about $290) was sold and after I placed the order for it to be shipped, the funds were reversed (don't know why, paypal won't give me any info). Well, now my account is negative 280, and I had registered my CC and Bank Accnt with them at one point, but removed my info as soon as the balance went negative. I don't know if it'll help, but if I can supply proof that I paid for the item to be shipped to the guy, do they have anything on me? I mean, this guy I sent it to is the crook, not me. I've gotten letters telling me I'll be responsible for legal fees and interest, etc. What should I do?

Here's a copy of their letter:

"This letter confirms that we have not received a response from you to our numerous communications relating to the negative balance in your PayPal account. Sustaining a negative balance is a breach of PayPal's User Agreement. As of the date of this letter, the amount due and owing of this account may include accruing charges, attorneys' fees, and other charges as provided by the PayPal User Agreement (the "Agreement"). Finance charges continue to accrue on this account to the extent permitted by the Agreement, federal and/or state laws.

Please send full payment to PayPal within one week of this letter by adding funds to your PayPal account according to the instructions below. If we do not receive payment, we will be entitled to file a lawsuit against you for collection of the debt. It is also possible that we will refer the matter to an independent collection agency so that they may pursue the debt on our behalf."

And also, this letter says, "This letter confirms that we have not received a response from you to our numerous communications relating to the negative balance in your PayPal account." I've contacted them about this about two or three times before I received this letter. The responses I get when I ask what I need to do to remove the negative balance? A vague sentence or two, "we need more info." I reply asking what info they need, and they respond with what looks to be some canned response asking me to pay my balance, with no mention of the situation being resolved for me (since I was scammed).

Now, I not only have proof that I fell victim to this dude, but also someone else selling on the same site was scammed by the same guy.

So, what can I do? I don't want my credit to get messed up, and I don't want to end up owing more money (don't want to owe any, really).

culero

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-16-2006 18:25

<wani0402>,

Please read this about protecting your PERSONAL INFO from paypal. this is Applicable to US and Non US members posted in my new Thread:
NoPaypal » Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! » Thread: Non-U.S. does not have dispute protection or deposit guarantee $
http://paypalsucks.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=11096&;fid=3&block=0

Paypal TOS for Non US members (Applicable for US members too read below why):

"PayPal, Inc. is incorporated in the state of Delaware, USA. The principal place of business of PayPal is San Jose, California, USA. We accept US Dollar payments for the purpose of transferring funds to others in accordance with your instructions. PayPal is regulated as a money transmitter by some states of the United States but is not regulated as a deposit taking business. Non-U.S. customers may not be able to access effectively any government-backed dispute resolution system or deposit guarantee system with respect to their transactions with PayPal. The paid up capital and reserves of PayPal exceed $50,000,000.00 USD."

It says Paypal "IS NOT REGULATED AS A DEPOSIT TAKING BUSINESS" wich means literally all money deposited in Papypal is located in the "cyberspace" only. Paypal is not a bank or a credit institution.

<wani0402>
Not Registered

Culero is a scammer
Sent: 01-16-2006 07:19

culero, This is my point, any legitimate seller who is honest and up front should have no problem giving out their personal information. Concerning me working for PayPal/Ebay, this is untrue, I don't have a job I am a full time student and I live nowhere near any PP offices. I am actually obsessed with my girlfriends ass too, thank you very much. It's just that every single bit of information you have given has led me to believe you are a scammer, your crappy english, your hiding of personal information, your fear of personal attacks on this board because people can actually figure you out.... Sounds like a scammer to me. We're not stupid.

culero

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-15-2006 23:05

[QUOTE]Work In NCO and xppman, Already dude I am woring at NCO now(for adcenter not paypal) Just ingore their BS and then they threaten to put anything in ur credit rating or fil ea lawsuit agasint u let the. All the ppl work as CS rep in NCO dont know shit. They got train for link 3 days so they don't know nay law and satuff. Hell they only get pya $10/hr. A buddy of my works there now and everthign thye tell on the phone are lies. Just ingore thme and they will pass ur file back ot PP and PP will usually just clost ur file. Lot's of ppl owe more then 5k and PP or NCO have never file a lawsutit or even write anything in thier credit reating. Stop ur payment and wait till they call u. After 3 to 4 months or so NCO will pass ur file back to PP. No worries.

BTW if u have more conerns and questions E mail me I am more than happy to help you. Michaelyun06@hotmail.com

[QUOTE]Work In NCO and xppman, I think i am going keep xppman and Work In NCO opinion. The NCO dont know shit, feebay and paypaul are the real scammers ever so lets scam the scammers. After the nigerian scammers feebay and paypaul are the worst scammers...

culero

Avoiding Debt Collectors and avoiding paypal/ebay spies...
Sent: 01-15-2006 22:41

[QUOTE]wani0402, Read his posts. Pay attention to what he's saying. PO Box, Street Corner Telephone? He's a regular SCAMMER!!!! Why the hell is everbody HELPING HIM???
-----

Please dont hear wani0402 he works in Paypal or Ebay and he is worry of people like me who is legal, honest and clean. If people of this site follow my case they will never be screwed by paypal or Ebay or any other site. This sucker wani0402 is attacking me directly and seems afraid about me? why? this seems to me a strange attitude HE IS POSSIBLY A PAYPAL/EBAY SPY OR JUST A BAD SELLER. He is obsessed with my ass... he has been attacking me in my Threds WATCHOUT! People and Administrators.

Do you really think provide my real home address work address and landline telephone to paypal is really safe? NO, i dont think so... people ask that same question over and over again here in paypalsucks.com everyday...

xppman
Big BOSS

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-11-2006 15:23

demihalf,
Sellers have no protection at all.
Buyers who pay for stuff via PP through an eCheck or bank transfer
have no protection either.

It's all a myth. It's all FALSE advertising by both ebay and PP
in an effort to keep people on their site.

Be advised: Girlfriends account WILL be linked soon and
they will FREEZE and take the money from her account.

I would suggest doing away with PP altogether for both of you.

Close your bank accounts associated with PP and cancel your CCs.
Get new back accounts and CCs.

The Internet is full of reputable people to deal with who have
websites and REAL merchant accounts.

Forget ebay or at least any seller who only accepts PP on their items.

Both ebay and PP are a trend that is becoming a thing of the past.

Join the other 75%+ buyers worldwide who shop from home,
get their goods, and NEVER have to go to feebay or use PP.

Both of these companies have become Scam Central
due to no ones fault but thier own.

demihalf
New User

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-11-2006 14:52

xppman, Hello, I recently sold money for an online game and unfortunately (for me) I accepted paypal as payment, now that the buyer received the money (925$USD transaction). He has filed a complaint on paypal stating I never delivered goods. Good thing is that I didn't had the money anymore in my PP account so now although my balance is negative. It is still under investigation but I read here that seller has no protection at all concerning virtual/intangible, and my account is near neg 1k$ what should I do? Can't close account because dispute is open and I bet I will receive the phone calls or letters or collections in months.... ??? I'm in Canada btw.

P.S: Also my girlfriend uses Paypal to pay for clothings etc.. but we live together and she uses her laptop which shares common IP, I suppose her account could be linked and I wouldn't want her to be affected by this crap and have money removed from her bank account? What can I do, right now I'm thinking about reporting my CC registered on paypal as lost, but what about my bank account, how can you supposedly report a bank account as lost/stolen?

<Work In NCO>
Not Registered

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-10-2006 17:17

xppman, Already dude I am woring at NCO now(for adcenter not paypal) Just ingore their BS and then they threaten to put anything in ur credit rating or fil ea lawsuit agasint u let the. All the ppl work as CS rep in NCO dont know shit. They got train for link 3 days so they don't know nay law and satuff. Hell they only get pya $10/hr. A buddy of my works there now and everthign thye tell on the phone are lies. Just ingore thme and they will pass ur file back ot PP and PP will usually just clost ur file. Lot's of ppl owe more then 5k and PP or NCO have never file a lawsutit or even write anything in thier credit reating. Stop ur payment and wait till they call u. After 3 to 4 months or so NCO will pass ur file back to PP. No worries.

BTW if u have more conerns and questions E mail me I am more than happy to help you. Michaelyun06@hotmail.com

sunder
Big BOSS

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-10-2006 08:08

IMO the biggest scammers are the two companies who are complicit
with lax registration polices and convoluted polices to begin with.

BANG ON!

xppman
Big BOSS

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-10-2006 07:42

wani0402,
Well he may be or maybe not be. I don't know...
I wasn't privy to this information before and I certainly don't want to help scammers.
However I don't want to help feebay or PP either.

I MUST point out both ebay and PayPal can STOP much of the scamming
by simply tightening their registration polices.

Of course they don't want to do that because then so many would not
have signed up at all. Which would in turn have cost them
customer based revenue.

IMO the biggest scammers are the two companies who are complicit
with lax registration polices and convoluted polices to begin with.

Think about it.

If everyone (BUYERS AND SELLERS alike)
had to provide VERIFIABLE information UP FRONT
and before they could enter into a transaction.
(I.E. real name and address, banking info, SSN (here in the US)
credit card info and such)...

HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU THINK WOULD HAVE DONE
SO IN THE FIRST PLACE JUST TO USE GOOD OLE PAYPAL or FEEBAY?

So you see it's quite simple.
ebay and PP created this mess with their self serving
and lax polices just to make money for them to begin with.

wani0402

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-10-2006 04:09

Quote:
culero, You are providing them with too much information. Never show anyone your entire hand. Do what xppman said and look up the Cease and Desists letter. All you need to do is dispute the validity. The burden of proof is on them, do not give them information to use as fire power later on.
Read his posts. Pay attention to what he's saying. PO Box, Street Corner Telephone? He's a regular SCAMMER!!!! Why the hell is everbody HELPING HIM???

Culero, provide them all the information you want. I hope they find you and sue your ass.

<CULERO>
Not Registered

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-09-2006 20:30

Quote:
culero, You are providing them with too much information. Never show anyone your entire hand. Do what xppman said and look up the Cease and Desists letter. All you need to do is dispute the validity. The burden of proof is on them, do not give them information to use as fire power later on.
Dont worry i am going change my private mail box address and they will not be able to contact me again. They have only the public pay phone of my street corner. I will just explain this to them... so i will change my private mailbox (POBOX) for 1 year or definitive.

blackwidow

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-09-2006 20:22

xppman
Big BOSS

Avoiding Debt Collectors
Sent: 01-09-2006 19:00

culero,
Look up "Cease and Desists" and "Dispute the Validity" at:
http://www.google.com/

You will finds tons of information to help you out.

Educate yourself and fight back.

Knowledge Is Power.
Armed with the right information you will be fine.

1 - 15  16 - 30   31 - 43  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 2 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 0.9832 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative