NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: Paypal limited account & makes false promises!!! -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Paypal limited account & makes false promises!!!
xppman
Big BOSS

Paypal limited account & makes false promises!!!
Sent: 02-07-2006 18:23

Rachael26,
That add on deserves a bold:
Don't bother using Paypal until you have
the debit card to actually zap the money out
immediately - as they can and will cancel
withdrawels to your bank account...

One of the tactics I use to stay ahead on the game too.

Great advice Rachael26.

Hope to see you around the net in more happy places.

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

Rachael26
Active User

Sent: 02-07-2006 17:02

xppman,

I've noticed the posters you're referring to, they're pretty obvious. It's sad Paypal/Ebay has to resort to that.

I don't see this site going anywhere anytime soon, unless Paypal goes out of business... with their policies getting more and more unfriendly maybe it'll happen eventually.

I've checked out the google wallet information I could find awhile back, is it a definate or just a thought they're having? I hope it's in the works!

And an add on to you key for anyone reading this (had to add it)

Don't bother using Paypal until you have the debit card to actually zap the money out immediately - as they can and will cancel withdrawels to your bank account...

Thanks again for the help you've provided, hopefully I can pass it on to someone else. So far though it seems I lucked out with them...

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 02-07-2006 14:02

Rachael26,

Thank you for the kind words.

I've learned myself by coming to this site.

I started digging around a few years back and
supplying information to try and help others.

But I'm not the only one who has valuable information
or has contributed.

The admin of this site is the one who deserves the
credit for having the intestinal fortitude
to put this site up and fight the powers of PP and ebay's legal.

As you can see. The site still remains.
Although we haven't seen the
admin post here in a while nor try and police up
the BS posters that ebay and PP have on the payroll
via LiveWorld that come here and try their hardest to stop folks like you and I from sharing this valuable information
on how to fight a company that is being illegally run or very close to it.

I must also say your contributions are testimony that prove
these thugs can be beat.

The key to anyone reading is this:

NEVER LEAVE ANY MORE MONEY IN YOUR PP ACCOUNT THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE.
And to educate yourselves on how to fight back.

In this day and age the first RULE is of the utmost importance
because the one with the money is the one with the leverage.

Until either a service comes along (like Goggle Wallet for instance)
or the regulators get off their butts and "regulate" this company.

This will continue to happen day in and day out.

It is painfully obvious that the criminals in charge of PP
will NOT clean up their act on their own or sites like this and people like you and I would have no need to be here in the first place.

Again I am VERY happy to see you made whole.

Rachael26
Active User

Sent: 02-07-2006 13:35

xppman,

Thanks for that.

It helped you popped in occasionally to remind me to keep it up. Especially when I about gave up when they linked me to my sister.. I thought I was done at that point, figuring nothing I said or did would change it.

I'd never heard of some of the places to send complaints to until I found this website either.

Keep up the good work =) I've tried helping out others, but don't have nearly as much information as I'd like. You seem to be on it with that.

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 02-07-2006 07:38

Great news Rachael26.
You know why you got your money back sooner than others too don't you?

You educated yourself and fought back in all the right ways.

I've seen a few others here do the same and it is
refreshing to see that it can be done.

Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to you.
Hopefully you have learned an invaluable lesson on the tactic PayPal uses.

They use people's ignorance to take their money.
In your case they the could NOT pull the wool over your eyes.

Sad so many are clue less as to how and fight back.

Again congratulations to you and your fine and proper efforts to resolve this situation in your favor.

Rachael26
Active User

Sent: 02-07-2006 06:34

<Lily>,

They did, it posted to my account last night =) it felt like forever though, I couldn't imagine waiting 180 days.

<Lily>
Not Registered

Sent: 02-07-2006 04:39

Rachael26,
Did they come through for you?

Rachael26
Active User

Sent: 02-01-2006 11:00

Final Result.

Dear Rachael,

This email is a follow up to the TRUSTe letter we received regarding the release of your PayPal balance. I have reviewed your account one last time and decided to release your full balance. Per your email dated January 9, 2006, we are releasing your funds to your bank account on file, which ends in xxxx. Funds in the amount of $732.77 should post to your bank account in about 4 business days.

We wish you every success in your future endeavors. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again at @paypal.com.

Sincerely,
Sxxxx(the lady deserves a raise as she's the only one I spoke with via email who actually responded in a personal professional manner, not copy/pasted text that had nothing to do with the problem...)
Executive Escalations
PayPal, an eBay Company

All's well that ends well, maybe one day Paypal will relax the strict security policies & not penalize 1 person for another persons actions.

It took alot of complaints to get there & complete honesty. I know some people have gotten places by stretching the truth with them to flat out lying, but for me I'd be extremely wary of getting caught in a lie - then it would be hell to get them to trust you to any extent..

Rachael26
Active User

Sent: 02-01-2006 07:17

Here's the email from yesterday afternoon in response to the email I'd sent them:

Dear Rachael,

Thank you for your email. I will be contacting you some time tomorrow regarding the release of your remaining funds.

Your account cannot be closed due to the permanent limitation on the account. As you know PayPal placed a limitation on your account due to the severity of the links to the xxxx@tampabay.rr.com and xxxx@tampabay.rr.com accounts. The appeal was denied, which means access to your account, any existing accounts or future accounts you may open will be denied.

You are correct that any current updates to PayPals User Agreement do not apply to you. They are not pertinent to your account as it was already determined your account appeal be denied and your account permanently limited. A PayPal customer has never been able to close their PayPal account if it is limited.

Again, I will be contacting you tomorrow regarding your PayPal balance release. If you have any further questions, or if we can be of additional assistance, please feel free to contact us at @paypal.com.

xxxx
Executive Escalations
PayPal, an eBay Company

It's nice to know they at least don't try to stick limited accounts w/balances into new user agreement terms. Or so they say... you never know what they'll actually do though.

Now I should have a yes or no regarding early release of funds sometime today...

Rachael26
Active User

Sent: 01-31-2006 08:13

xppman,

Definately! I went ahead and sent them a reminder email today along with this:

"I also wanted to verify that as I'm not able to close my account due to the limitations that were placed that I'm not subject to any user agreement updates done after Dec 16th (day of limitation) as by right if I don't agree with any part of the UA I would be able to close my account and be done with it.

I just wanted to verify this as I noticed updates done after this date that I did not agree with and I know I'd never originally have signed up with Paypal if they'd been in place or I would have closed my account immediately myself if I'd been able..

Thanks,
Rachael

I just want to see what they'll say in regards to me not being able to close my account & their user agreement updates. I think if my account is limited then they shouldn't be able to apply any new user agreement changes as I'm not "allowed" to close my account if I don't agree to them.

I can't wait to see what their response is.

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 01-31-2006 07:32

Rachael26,

Instead of fixing their UA to be less of the jerks they are they're just making it worse

Glad to see you following up on your situation.
I sure hope they do the right thing.

Please come back and post what happens.

Rachael26
Active User

Sent: 01-31-2006 07:29

BTW For anyone wondering why I pointed out checking the policy updates, here they are:

Privacy Policy (April 15, 2005)
Closing Accounts and Limiting Account Access (November 4, 2005)
Electronic Fund Transfer Rights and Error Resolution Policy (April 13, 2004)
Seller Protection Policy (November 4, 2005)
Buyer Complaint Policy (June 17, 2005)
Buyer Credit Policy (September 7, 2005)
PayPal Buyer Protection Policy (June 28, 2005)
Money Back Guarantee Policy (January 14, 2005)
Payments (Sending, Receiving, and Withdrawals) Policy (January 20, 2006)
Premier and Business Account Policy (November 4, 2005)
Fees Policy (June 17, 2005)
PayPal Shops Policy (September 26, 2003)
Debit Card Policy (March 23, 2005)
Ebay Billing (January 20, 2006)
Acceptable Use Policy (January 20, 2006)
Bonus Policy (January 20, 2006)
Preapproved Payments Policy (May 13, 2005)
Merchant Gift Certificates Policy (January 20, 2006)

The only thing that may have reflected this "little" change is ebay billing, but that's in regards to the automatic billing you can AGREE to individually.

I knew when I read an auctions website that said the merger between ebay and Paypal was a conflict of interest that it would be bad, but it's only getting worse when they start playing guessing games and holding different individuals responsible for other accounts.

So basically now instead of just having your money limited for someone elses Paypal account, they'll now take your money for other peoples EBAY accounts.

Instead of fixing their UA to be less of the jerks they are they're just making it worse.

Rachael26
Active User

Sent: 01-31-2006 07:14

<amistupid>,

Nevermind, I guess I found it... although "allowed by law" limits them.

Rachael26
Active User

Sent: 01-31-2006 07:12

on Jan 12, 2006 I copy and pasted this directly from the Paypal UA, no editing done:

Under the UA #11 "Remedies and Paypals Right to Collect From You"

In addition, you acknowledge that PayPal may setoff against any accounts you own for any obligation you owe PayPal at any time and for any reason allowed by law. These obligations include both secured and unsecured debts and debts you owe individually or together with someone else.

That same paragraph now reads:

In addition, you acknowledge that PayPal may setoff against any PayPal accounts you own for any negative balance in your other PayPal accounts, at any time and for any reason allowed by law. Further, PayPal may setoff against any PayPal accounts you own for any obligation you owe eBay Inc. that is 180 days or greater past due. These obligations include both secured and unsecured debts, and debts you owe individually or together with someone else.

For those of you who think Paypal is this upstanding great website... check their policy updates for this little addition!

amistupid, I don't see this anywhere in the UA for closing accounts.. could you direct me to where it's in there? Thanks

<amistupid>
Not Registered

Sent: 01-30-2006 18:31

Rachael26,
You may also want to read their TOS again in the matters of closeing your account prior to fund disbursements.
As Paypal may at their own descretion seize all monies in the cancelled account.

1 - 15  16 - 30   31 - 38  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 3 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 1.818 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative