NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal UK edition Thread: PAYPAL DISPUTE -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: PAYPAL DISPUTE
PPTerminator-
Big BOSS

PAYPAL DISPUTE
Sent: 07-29-2008 01:16

tiggerbabe,

As long as you have proof of delivery, PayPal cant do anything. PayPal is the one that's legally responsible for the transaction since it was them that charged the buyer's credit card not you. They are responsible for it not you. As long as you have the funds in your bank account and never shipped the product until the funds are in your possession (bank) - OUR GOLDEN RULES FOR SELLERS VIA OUR WEBSITE, PayPal will use the collection agency to scare you into thinking you owe the money, when you dont. They have to prove the debt is owed, and in this case its not because (1) PayPal has to return the item to you in the original condition shipped and (2) the buyer has to send it back to PayPal, you can immediately claim both parties broke it.

They will send maybe 1 or 2 letters and then just give up. Next time dont use your home address, use a PO Box so the collection agency doesnt have your physical address and you can just close the pobox when your business is done with them. which we think it is already.

ppterminator.freehostia.com

tiggerbabe
New User

PAYPAL DISPUTE
Sent: 07-27-2008 18:02

stealmysunshine, Oh this one sounds familiar - am having a similar debarcle with a barometer I sold which was also damaged, although I feel it was dropped when the guy opened it (either that or the post office guys were playing Javelin with it!!??).

Usual to & fro of mails, guy is demanding a refund and lodges a "not as described" dispute. How its not as described is beyond me, Note to Paypal/ebay monkeys - put some better options on the dispute console! I digress - Initially the buyer timed out on the claim (failed to supply information within timeframe) so care was closed. 2 days later it had reopened again as the buyer had contacted the enlightened ones and in their infinate wisdom they granted him more time to upload his files. They then failed to email me to advise of this. The funds I had in my account were transfered back to my bank account a few days before they decided that the decision to award in the buyers favour would stand and was not appealable. I have since asked them under section 7 of the 1988 Data Protection Act to supply me with details in respect of a subject access request and they have no such policy. How can a multinational company not have a data protection request policy (given that these things are pretty much standard these days).

Bring on the collection boys - they can go whistle for it!

KevinG
Big BOSS

PAYPAL DISPUTE
Sent: 07-27-2008 10:30

They'll pass your account onto NCO or Leatham Locke who are Paypals collections people and they will harass you until you pay.

Look around the UK forum and you'll find plenty of information on what they'll try to do in order to get you to pay but just insist that they send you proof that you own ANYTHING to Paypal and that until they do it they should not contact you by phone unless they would like to be reported for harrassment.

They'll then go away and stop bothering you.

stealmysunshine
New User

PAYPAL DISPUTE
Sent: 07-26-2008 15:03

KevinG,

I have cancelled the direct debit which links my bank account with paypal, so how can they gain access to my account to withdraw funds? Can i phone my bank and do something to stop them from doing this?

KevinG
Big BOSS

PAYPAL DISPUTE
Sent: 07-26-2008 14:42

Firstly when you delete your bank details from your account it simply does not show anymore. It is however still linked to your account.

What happens next is that if you refuse to authorize the refund, they'll do it after the time limit expires anyway. If there s not enough in your account, they will send as much as possible leaving you with a zero balance.

Your buyer will then charge a credit card chargeback if they paid with a CC funded payment (rather than a Paypal balance funded payment). Visa will then take the full amount from Paypal who will take the full amount (NOT the full amount minus what they've already taken from you) from your account which will put you negative to the tune of 122.

End result is that your buyer gets full refund plus a bit extra and you get threatened by Paypals legal eagles. Have alook around here and there's loads of posts saying what to do when that happens but the outcome is always the same....a big fat nothing.

And for teh record, if doing collections on auctions, NEVER take Paypal - buyer pays PP, collects, goes home and files non delivery and you have NO proof of posting.

stealmysunshine
New User

PAYPAL DISPUTE
Sent: 07-26-2008 13:20

I recently sold a Kenwood food mixer on ebay for 122. I advertised it as pick up only. The winner of the auction emailed me and asked me if they could arrange for a courier (parcelforce) to come and collect it - i said yes as long as they arranged and paid for it. Unfortunately the item arrived broken, and the buyer opened up a paypal dispute. Paypal reviewed the case and emailed me to say that the buyer would send back the item and that they were entitled to a full refund as long as the food mixer was received in its original condition (not broken). We just received the mixer yesterday, which is broken, and we phoned paypal about this. They advised us to get a police witness statement confirming that the item is broken, however we have been in touch with the police and they state that the matter has nothing to do with them, it is a civil matter, and they will not give us a statement. We then contacted paypal again and told them this however they state that if we cannot get a police statement the dispute will close in the buyers favour and they will be issued a full refund. And they refuse to speak to the police themselves.

I have deleted my bank account from paypal so that they cannot take any money from me as i refuse to refund an item that was broken during transit! Will they still be able to take the money from my account? I assume the buyer did not pay for any postal insurance which is why they are blaming me for the broken item. The item was advertised as PICK UP ONLY so they had the choice to come pick it up.. i am not going to directly hand over something that is broken am i? The mixer has had an obvious knock as it is completely out of line and the lid won't lift up properly.

The police also told me that no other station will offer me a statement either.. so what else can i do? Any suggestions? Will paypal take money from my account even though i have deleted all my bank details??

Statistics

Currently Online: 5 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.6575 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software