NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal » ChitChat » Thread: Our first PayPalSucks.com Cartoon! -- Page 4 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Our first PayPalSucks.com Cartoon!
<djsgifts>
Not Registered

Our first PayPalSucks.com Cartoon!
Sent: 01-02-2006 13:18

PaypalSucks, PAYPAL Froze my account, they want my SSN, DL, Proof of shipping, Ive never had a dispute, never a problem, I sell smc stuff, anyone here sell on flebay (EBAY) and use other services for Credit Cards?

sunder
Big BOSS

Sent: 01-02-2006 04:09

<Jaymee>,

I use paypal as a way to make payments on auctions on ebay and ioffer via my credit card. I have NEVER had problems ...

Please feel free to drop by when you are eventually ripped off, and in tears. Because you will be.

<Jaymee>
Not Registered

Sent: 01-02-2006 01:45

PaypalSucks,
I love paypal. I dont ever intend to be stupid enough to use it as an alternative to a savings account in a physical bank.
I think you would have to be out of your mind to do so!
I use paypal as a way to make payments on auctions on ebay and ioffer via my credit card. I have NEVER had problems.

<Simchedeken>
Not Registered

Sent: 12-15-2005 02:01

Quote:
PAYPLA44, I object to your cartoon...........the right panel shows them smarter than they are. Tell ya what, to get them (the help desk) to the level of dumb one would have to raise their IQ! Never in over 50 some odd years (6/7 buying on the "net")have I run into a situation where I cannot get funds to the vendor. Only thing I can figger is those people in the P.R. of CA are getting there drinking water out of the ocean.

-----
It looks to me as though they get their drinking water out of a toilet!!!
I just about signed up for PayPal tonight, glad I found this blog instead!!! I'm trying to start a business of my own. I'm going to check out your PP alternative now......

Can I get this in Canada? I'm Canadian, EH?

<Heather>
Not Registered

Sent: 12-10-2005 23:17

I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH PAYPAL. NOW EBAY ON THE OTHER HAND HAS GIVEN ME TONS AND TONS OF PROBLEMS. I ONLY USE PAYPAL FOR MY NEEDS AND WISH EVERYONE WOULD GET FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE GOING OFF AND READ THE USER AGREEMENT BEFORE THEY AGREE TO ANYTHING IF THEY HAVE PROBLEMS. HONESTLY PEOPLE i HAVE NO OBJECTIONS TO OPINIONS BUT READ THE USER AGREEMENT AND I BET ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED. LOL :P

<Eric L>
Not Registered

Paypal is NOT A BANK!
Sent: 12-08-2005 19:09

I've been a paypal user since they started out, and I am a pretty objective person. Everything I have been reading in this group further emphasizes what Paypal tells you when you sign up, which is, "Paypal is NOT A BANK" and as such they are NOT protected by banking laws, they don't have FDIC insurance, and they legally are not required to give you your money back, regardless of the issue, and they can close your account at any time. Keeping that in mind, read on...

Several "Banks" have tried to do what paypal does, and they can't, mainly because when you are a bank, there are other laws governing your transactions. Sure, you do get the option to dispute, you get theft insurance, etc, however banks charge for this in terms of a lower interest rate. Banks get loans and money at lower interest rates and then loan the money out at a higher rate, and banks get higer interest rates from the feds, and pay you a lower rate on your investments. This difference they can spend on fraud insurance and FDIC insurance from the feds.

Over the years, I have done over 700 transactions through ebay and paypal. I have lost money in the process as well, but I knew up front that Paypal wasn't going to be able to help me in the end.

My suggestion to those that have problems with paypal, close your account and don't use it. The problem with this is that they are the #1 site now, and a majority of people don't have any problems with them, so they will continue to grow whether or not they are banned.

If you are a seller, get a merchant account and require people to use it (but then this limits the kind of transactions you can do, as many banks have limitations on what you can sell)

<ian ewers>
Not Registered

Sent: 11-24-2005 12:21

PaypalSucks, I have been putting a link to paypalsucks in my listings and have had no problems with ebay.

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 10-22-2005 12:25

Quote:
PaypalSucks, terkkui äitille ja isille!!!
can someone please translate this? I think it's from finland.

<Evan>
Not Registered

Sent: 10-16-2005 12:10

Well here is the story of how I lost 183 bucks!
I was just chilling, playing some games on computer ya know just chillin. Some guy who I bought something from on ebay, emails me saying hes selling everything hes got and clearance and whatever. So I liked what he was selling and guess how much what I wanted was? 183 bucks! Anyway, i told him what I wanted and he sent me a request for money through paypal. So I did not have enoguh funds in my account, so I sent it as an E-check. I told him to ship my thing, and he refused. He said that he does not accept E-checks when he did not even say anything at the time of purchase. So then he lied, and when the E-check cleared he sed that there was not enough money and refused to give me a refund. On my next bill, there was a charge of $183. I told paypal about this and they said that they could not help me. They said that for a refund, both parties must agree, and guess what? The other party did not agree. And THAT is how I lost 183 bucks because pf PayPal!

<rob>
Not Registered

PayPal service
Sent: 10-10-2005 09:29

<Louis>, that's how I also felt until I had an unjustified complaint and my account was frozen and money taken despite several emails and phone calls to confirm the facts of the case. Eventually my account and money was re-instated but it was a frustrating experience. I believe people at paypal want to do a good job but they are not 'joined up' as an organisation and the left and right hands work independently.
Charges are high and level of service does not match. I shall continue to use with utmost caution.

My advice if you get bad service; complain in a professional manner repeatedly until you get reasonable behaviour and answer. Good Luck !

hawaiian_madman
New User

Sent: 10-06-2005 15:56

I tried to request a refund from a seller, who sent me a dead CPU. I did it thru paypal. They waited 30 days to ask me to send them more details about the CPU being dead. Well the details they wanted was for me to take the cpu to a shop and have the shop say, yep its dead. Ok, so $92.50 after that, I sent them the fax. 10 days later they email me back. We got the fax, sorry its not enough information. Then I login to my paypal account again and its frozen. I agree they freeze your account for nothing. I was on the bad side of a deal and they freeze my account. Crazy bunch of lunatics is what they are.

I cannot wait for the day someone has a new system like paypal even though it will probably be shaddy at least we can push enough people away from paypal, maybe they will feel it, maybe not

Also you notice how many people they are boasting as members, they dont do like McDonalds though do they? Happy customer = xx,xxx they just say, oh we got this many members, of course we had to force them into submission, hahaha.

paypal_is_illegal
New User

A picture speaks a 1000 words
Sent: 10-06-2005 13:15

PaypalSucks,

Keep those coming gus... Eagerly looking forward to the next one!

<Chris>
Not Registered

Sent: 10-06-2005 02:42

<PayPal rules>,

Whatever... PayPal stole over 500.00 bucks from me. I only make 11.00 CDN an hour. Do you know how much money that is to a person who makes so little?

PayPal ****in blows.

And hey...They only froze my account because I complained that they took my 500.00 bucks. What\'s up with that?

<JayB>
Not Registered

Sent: 10-05-2005 11:00

Here's some fuel to the fire... my first burn, and last time using paypal (notice the lack of capitalization on paypal, as I don't feel they deserve it).
I bought a laptop off of a guy on a website other than eBay (bad move according to paypal, as they are owned by eBay). The seller was selling and re-selling that same laptop to multiple people, and taking money transfers through paypal. Lo and behold, no laptop ever arrived. I submitted a complaint to paypal, who "investigated" it. Now, due to the fact that the seller had closed his paypal account (extracting my money from it), they were unable to give me the refund. I called to complain, and without a word of a lie, the lady on the other end of the phone was less intelligent than the monkeys shown in the cartoon. I had to 'dumb down' my words in order for her to understand what I was try to say.
What this seller had done, is sold the item, opened a paypal account, received the money, closed his paypal account. Repeat, steal, and repeat and on and on. How is this secure? Due to the fact that his paypal account had been closed, the funds could not be accessed nor retrieved. Somehow that is okay with paypal, as the lady said 'there is nothing we can do'.
Okay, so you rob a bank, run home and close your doors. The cops know EXACTLY where you live and how to get the money back , but because the doors are closed, they are unable to get the money back. paypal HAS the info of the cowardly thief, but will not use it to retrieve the money, or escalate it to the authorities. This is fraud plain and simple, nothing less.
That, in my books is why paypal sucks.

<Cathy>
Not Registered

Sent: 10-01-2005 16:24

Go to the Paypal discussion board for the answer. And hey, if you can post a thread there, please tell my anti-paypal friends there: STAND YOUR GROUND ANTIPAYPAL Friends and let them know that peaceful-creek-antique has been barred from ALL discussion boards for asking' " How do we close our paypal accs. without getting the crap beat out of us?

Prev  16 - 30   31 - 45  46 - 60  61 - 75   76 - 90  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.6919 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software