You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal » ChitChat » Thread: GreenZap -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: GreenZap
<rad>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 06-17-2005 12:11

http://www.[deleted by admin, site is probably a scam]/join-greenzap.asp?zapid=rad_84

<Garlic>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 04-24-2005 04:55

<John>, Thank you very much John...Chyna told us to run........I sure will run as fast as possible cause Damon comin for the money that Paypal hasn't got.

Very nice work Singapore! Very nice VS

Hey Greeny.........better go back to see the PMB that Greenscam uses at Postal Annex inside of Ralph's Grocery Store... Busted? Lets hope he replies.........

Texas_Kimmie
New User

GreenZap
Sent: 04-22-2005 16:15

I don't know where the scam would come in since there is no cc used, but I guess I'll go read that link and see what it says. More than likely its paypal trying to avoid any competition. lol

<John>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 04-22-2005 11:36

It doesn't look good guys.
Go read this:
www.greenzapscam.com

Texas_Kimmie
New User

GreenZap
Sent: 04-22-2005 03:47

I say it looks pretty good, if it doesn't go well no harm no foul. You don't have to use a credit card to pre-register, and if you do actually get $25 for every person that signs up, then why not get in on it? They will have all the money on the front end, so may as well benefit if you can.

You can pre-register with this number 324916 and you will get $25 in your account in June. What do you have to lose? You do NOT have to give a CC. :)

<na>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 04-19-2005 23:55

<AMuahahaha! SCAMMERS>,

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=2190&;page=1&pp=10

SORRY!.. sounds WAY to dodgy to touch, wait and see six months and see what happens.. do that with everything you see like this and you’ll be able to research the companies far better and get a real picture if they are real or not.

if you read greenzap’s promo text, you can use it on ebay?.. sorry hang on there pal, ebay OWNS paypal, and they sure as #### will NOT let a competitor onboard, NO MATTER WHAT!..

put a privacy notice up, don’t hide your companies details, and why isnt the company even registered in that state? sounds like someones hiding something to me. I’m sitting on the outside again, and have seen quite a few scams go past. ( old n wise net user 10+ yrs plus )

TIP: GOOGLE anything first.. read up and do your research, ONLY THEN do some more research and hopefully you’ll make the right choice with your privacy and details, they really do need to be protected, but you have to take Responsibility for yourself first…

also I’m Disappointed in this site for even promoting it themselves. very Disappointed to say the least.

<Angelo>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 04-14-2005 22:42

Try http://www.greenzapworks.com which sort of works except for their Pre-Registration link. There is a little bit more information about the site but I do not think it is enough for me as the site has not provide any background information about who the founders are. They mentioned that they have a financial backing but some big financial institution but they are being vague. Hey, I would like to see a viable alternative to Paypal but Greenzap has not given me any solid evidence nor have they been upfront about who they are. On top of that, I see that giving away $25 to new registered users seem more irresponsible business-wise than the failed dotcom companies.

<Bobby>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 04-07-2005 13:09

<NOCHEX>,

Agreed!

<NOCHEX>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 04-07-2005 03:05

<Bobby>, you right.

Nothing wrong registering your domain with GoDaddy.... BUT:

1) U do not register with GoDaddy if you are launching a major site intending to compete HEAD-ON with PayPal;

2) U do not save 20-30 bucks on domain registration - just to GENEROUSLY offer 25 bucks to EVERYONE who submits their CC details to you if you are legit :)

MY APOLOGIES TO ANYONE WHO WAS CONFUSED BY MY PREVIOUS POSTS!

Stay away from GreenZap :)

<Bobby>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 04-06-2005 18:12

NoChex, The Whois info you posted is the owner of the IP block, NOT the registrant. The registrant has paid extra and went out of his way to be invisible.

<Bobby>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 04-06-2005 18:07

It's registered through GoDaddy with a private registration through Domains by Proxy.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=www.greenzap.com

Don't do it Ponzi.

<NOCHEX>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 04-04-2005 03:44

Sorry to be nosy :)

the address provided is a VALID existing address in Dallas, TX, and (214) area code is a VALID area code in Dallas, TX.

As I said, at first glance the site looks LEGIT.

I will definitely register with some maxed out credit card - just to be on the safe side. Why not getting 25 bucks for a 5 min registration? :)

I am sure LOADS of ppl will do exactly the same - and forget about the site altogether going back to PP for everyday transactions. My question is - R U SURE u will be able to pay 25 bucks to everyone without any significant revenues in the 1st year?

This is a serious investment chaps. I wish you good luck.

<NOCHEX>
Not Registered

GreenZap
Sent: 04-03-2005 14:19

StaticRush, the site looks legit to me. Put it this way, it is hardly a scam (see WHOIS info below).

The question is - have u got a clear cut marketing strategy - to position yourselves as PP's competitors? And have u got a financial muscle to suffer losses in the first year (maybe 2) to establish yourselves?

U really have to be realistic about your investment.

Search results for: 67.18.153.211

OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.
OrgID: TPCM
Address: 1333 North Stemmons Freeway
Address: Suite 110
City: Dallas
StateProv: TX
PostalCode: 75207

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.theplanet.com:4321

NetRange: 67.18.0.0 - 67.19.255.255
CIDR: 67.18.0.0/15
NetName: NETBLK-THEPLANET-BLK-11
NetHandle: NET-67-18-0-0-1
Parent: NET-67-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.THEPLANET.COM
NameServer: NS2.THEPLANET.COM
Comment:
RegDate: 2004-03-15
Updated: 2004-07-29

TechHandle: PP46-ARIN
TechName: Pathos, Peter
TechPhone: +1-214-782-7800
TechEmail: abuse@theplanet.com

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE271-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Abuse
OrgAbusePhone: +1-214-782-7802
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@theplanet.com

OrgNOCHandle: TECHN33-ARIN
OrgNOCName: Technical Support
OrgNOCPhone: +1-214-782-7800
OrgNOCEmail: admins@theplanet.com

OrgTechHandle: TECHN33-ARIN
OrgTechName: Technical Support
OrgTechPhone: +1-214-782-7800
OrgTechEmail: admins@theplanet.com

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2005-04-02 19:10
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

StaticRush
New User

GreenZap
Sent: 04-03-2005 13:28

There is a new site coming out that is going to be like paypal. If you sign up right now, you can get a free $25 on your account when the site opens.

Quote:
With a GreenZap account, you can send money to anyone. And once they open their account, they’ll find a little something from us to get them started — $25 free. And to show our appreciation, we’ll reward YOU for getting them going. Check out our GreenZap Overview to learn more about what’s in it for you.

www.greenzap.com/trick

It will open June 15, 2005.

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.6118 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative