NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal ChitChat Thread: I just opened up my account...not what i expected -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: I just opened up my account...not what i expected
sabryaa
New User

I just opened up my account...not what i expected
Sent: 09-14-2008 02:22

oubsj90,Hi. If a buyer opens a PayPal account he can pay using the PayPal balance, a credit card, a bank account. Generally the PayPal balance can be incresed when receiving payments from other buyers. This is the reason why the PP balance of a buyer is generally ZERO (he does not sell so he does not receive any payments and this means that his PP balance cannot be increased). Generally the buyer add a credit card onto his PayPal account and pays with this cc. PayPal takes the money from the buyers cc and place the money into your account. The account you have now is generally used by buyers as it has some restrictions. One of these restrictions is that you cannot receive cc payments and you can only receive payments from the PayPal balance. If you want to receive cc payments u need to upgrade to the premium account. I advice you to upgrade. Sabrina. Remeber that an unclaimed payment returns back to the original form of payment after 1 month

oubsj90
New User

Sent: 07-12-2008 18:53

Oblivion, I am clueless as to how this process is supposed to work. I sold my first item last week and received an "instant payment." I see on my account history it was "unclaimed." When I tried to claim it, the screen said I needed to upgrade to a premium service in order to accept credit card payments. I thought it was a paypal payment. Can anyone shed some light for me?

Oblivion
New User

Sent: 06-26-2008 22:06

moran1, sorry to hear that. The possibility of that funds getting refunded is pretty high, iguess.
DId you check if they have a confirmed shipping address on the transaction details? or is it an echeck payment? this way you would be able to know that they are purchasing your goods with an actual paypal account.

Because once PayPal got proof that the payment sent to you was fraudulent, refunds would take place. there are some cases that payments funded by a credit card are stolen credit card informations. beware of that..

moran1
New User

Sent: 06-18-2008 09:46

So recently about 2 days ago i opened up a paypal account because i want a account were my transaction would be secure and safe (wow big mistake). So i was selling this guy a world of warcraft account and we were conversing and i said funds first then i give you information. So i received the money of 650.00 and was happy. I was in a great mood since i made around 2 grand this week.So as soon as i get home a hour later i see that i have a 0 balance in my account. WT* i said and i talked to the guy and said why did he say the transaction wasn't what he expected (keep in mind im new to paypal and i made a assumption). So i look at the transaction and it is going through inquiry from paypal. It said it was unauthorized and keep in mind i have the regular paypal account. Idk y but now im waiting and if the buyer gets his money back i cant get my account information back (you can change it). So i call paypal and the lady tells me blah blah blah there doing research on the transaction. Well yesterday i found out i broke the limit which if im correct is 500.00 and i recieve 650.00. This could be a good reason so today i upgraded to that stupid BS account where i can get over 500. Well now i dont know what to do or expect, hopefully i can get some good feedback from you guys.

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.5295 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software