NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal ChitChat Thread: Ebay FORCING sellers to use PayPal -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Ebay FORCING sellers to use PayPal
paypal-stinks
New User

Ebay FORCING sellers to use PayPal
Sent: 12-18-2008 02:03

im sure ther's laws against monopolising !!..i sell on ebay all the time and its very frustrating that i can only take paypal as a payment, there must be something that can be done about it, i constantly feel ripped off by both ebay & paypal - they both charge astronomical fees but we get absolutly nothing but headache for the privilage. i to have lost hundreds of 's through paypal and no longer want to accept it as a payment method but how can i sell my stock if i dont? there is another auction site called ebid that i thought may have been an alternative but i listed a few items for sale on their site but got absolutly no response or sales at all dispite my items being on the site for over 2 months so that was no good either.

bayside1
New User

Sent: 10-27-2008 20:20

You can also open up your own merchant account to accept credit cards.

tkbest
New User

Sent: 09-04-2008 09:49

Evo,
The only alternative that ebay will accept now is propay, sounds to me like another version of paypal doesn't it?? Has anyone tried it? Also can I get some tips on other auction sites, I have had it with ebay and paypal. You would think the government would step in on this monopoly they have and do something about it. I just had my second fee frozen from my paypal account with a buyer claiming "not significantly as described" The first time they never listened to my side at all, they take the word of a new person with a few feedbacks over a seller with 8 years of 100% positive thousands of feedbacks. I sucked it up the first time and let it go, but this time I will not. I am trying to fight it, the buyer emails me after they file with paypal and says "This is what I think the item is worth and if you don't give me this amount of a refund I will give you negatives and step up the claim with paypal. I decided I would not be bullied any longer, I stuck by my item and I stepped the claim up in paypal and will not give a refund. I have no funds in my paypal so it is at a negative, and if I lose this I will NEVER pay the account to clear it. I had figured I would just take checks or money orders quite awhile back as I have never had any problem with those, but low and behold paypal won't allow us to decide on our own payment method!! So please tell me, what other auction sites are out there that are good and worth investing my time into?

anakaday

Sent: 06-08-2008 11:49

Pay on pick up can only be offered in conjunction with PayPal. No other payment methods will be permitted."

This can't be right.
If buyer collects and you did not have proof of P&P Paypal will refund them.

Miya
New User

Sent: 04-25-2008 01:26

Are they for real? o_0
Well, it's their choice and since they run the whole system i guess we cannot do anything about that, but seriously? They know that many are against PayPal, why would they be willing to lose a certain part of their client base?

Evo
New User

Sent: 04-09-2008 21:14

Got this in an email from ebay today:

"From 21 May you must offer PayPal on all your listings as well as currently permitted payment methods.
From 17 June you will only be able to offer PayPal on your listings and pay on pick up (i.e.paid for when picking up the item).

Pay on pick up can only be offered in conjunction with PayPal. No other payment methods will be permitted."

Time to find a new place to sell.

Statistics

Currently Online: 2 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.6406 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software