NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal » Other Companies - Alternatives » Thread: Greenzap is probably a scam -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: Greenzap is probably a scam
lisake
New User

Greenzap is probably a scam
Sent: 11-20-2008 05:26

kcw,

Computer Surveillance and Email Passwords Hacking

www.scorpiospy.da.ru

We can hack into and monitor anyone¡¯s computer invisibly as you request, using the most advanced technology.
We will forward to you the following info of the hacked computer:

www.scorpiospy.da.ru

Records of Emails
-We¡¯re able to hack into all web-based Emails including Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, Excite, Rediffmail, etc.
Records of Instant Messages and Chatroom Conversations
- MSN Messenger
- Yahoo Messenger
- Plus various chat rooms!

www.scorpiospy.da.ru

Records of Web Sites Visited
- URL visited
- Date and Time the web page was first viewed

Screenshots from the targeted computer

And MUCH MORE¡­

www.scorpiospy.da.ru (hackv2.net)

We record activities on the target computer 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK!

www.scorpiospy.da.ru

Scorpiospy Group

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

kcw
New User

Sent: 04-16-2008 13:38

Hi a few years ago I signed up like many to this online company called Greenzap. www.[deleted by admin, questionable site] (this company website is up not sure it's functioning though as some elements do not work.)
if you had others sign up they would give you like $10.00, they were suppose to end up being like Paypal, but nothing ever happened with the company and no one could ever get their money out of the greenzap. I could never figure out how to close down my account with them and so I forgot about them. Then just last week I got a debit in my checking account for $19.95 the company front name was Esafe, I've never heard of this company and called my bank, they gave the number and then I went on a roller coaster with a mired of phone calls to figure out who this company is and why they were charging me $19.95. Finally today I got a hold of lady name Laura, whom I had talked to last week and she was suppose to get back to me and never did, yesterday she said they were once Greenzap and that Larry Wilcox from Chips whom I did speak to bought into this company and that if I was guaranteed to make at least $40.00 or more a month. I said how did you get my information? what is this for? she finally did tell me it was from Greenzap the company was bought and sold to Larry Wilcox possibly google and another company, but I could never get out of her how I would make this money and how they got my information.
Apparently a lot of people are beings scammed by this. The bank asked me for the phone number to the live person because they get a lot of phone calls from customers all the time wondering who this Esafe is, they also go under another name or use a company called check gateway to collect the funds. I am very bothered by this because it's been like 2 or 4 years ago I signed up with this company (Greenzap) and now I had to shut down my checking account incase they would try to scam me for more money or sell my information. I still do not understand how this could happen since I never gave Greenzap permission to sell off my information or to get involved in any deals like this. I am so pissed off! People if you have dealt with Greenzap in the past change your checking accounts to a fresh new account. Do not give your personal information to any company you do not know is legitimate and has not functioned for awhile. As to other post about Paypal I've never had any problems with Paypal or Ebay and have done business with both for 8 years. As for Greenzap it's a total SCAM! shame on them and anyone involved with buying it and taking money from people unaware of what's going on.

rc0370
New User

Sent: 10-02-2007 16:36

fnkwilsonI am a member of greenzap and has found out they have been making withdrawals of $19.95 from my checking account for the last two months. The latest withdrawal being made on 9/19/2007. I talked with my bank and they told me to contact the company that is doing the withdrawals. That is when I found out there is no way to contact Greenzap. The emails to their support just bounces back. My bank says the only way to stop them from making the withdrawals from my checking account is to close the account and open a new account.
I have left a message with the San Diego Police department criminal investigation unit to give me a call. Hopefully they will contact me with any information they have on Greenzap

giacarangi2
Active User

Sent: 08-17-2007 17:46

Latest info from San diego Better Business Bureau (BBB) on Green Zap
http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=20007693

I find it amazing this 'legit' company (cough) has no telephone number

RockyStoneJD
New User

Sent: 08-07-2007 16:20

Attention victims of Damon Westmoreland and Linda Murphy's: Greenzap / Mazumah / StrongPay / Insta Bill & MyEcoPay.com scams: If you were victimized by any of these scams, and / or if you have infomation to contribute, please visit the SCAM.com thread on Damon Westmoreland & Greenzap. On the last few pages you will find infomation for reporting securities fraud and unauthorized bank withdraws or fraudulent checks to the San Diego office of the FBI.

Here's the link to the Damon Westmoreland / Greenzap thread at SCAM.com:

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=424572#post424572

lgibson74
New User

Sent: 06-25-2007 00:11

Unfortunately, I was one of the idiots who got on board early.

My first problem was the email explaining they were going to be deducting $100 per month from my bank account for 10 months to pay for my GreenZap stock. After I threw a raving fit, they decided to cancel that option on my account. At that point, I asked for my bank information to be removed.

Next, GreenZap started verifying members. I clicked that button to see what was required. I was informed that verification carries a fee of $21.50 US. I backed out of the screen without going through the verification. They charged my bank account anyway. I got a refund, but they refunded to my GreenZap account, which meant I couldn't close the account without losing the refund. Afterward, I asked them to remove my bank information and close my account.

Keep in mind, there is no option in the member's area to remove any financial information, nor is there an option to close the account. I asked for it to be closed, and I went on.

This past week, I had $99.75 deducted from my bank account by intabill. I looked up the company, found one called Intabill, and sent an email asking why. The answer came from Andrew Thornhill, director of US operations for Intabill: "Your account is being charged by a company called Greenzap (www.[deleted by admin, questionable site]). Greenzap has a company called 'Inta Bill' that is processing monthly membership charges to your checking account. I know this only after agonizing over the last several days of no less than a dozen people who honestly thought that our company Intabill.com was stealing money from their checking account. Intabill.com hired an investigator to search these transactions and through this we found the company Greenzap. I can honestly say that Intabill.com has absolutely nothing to do with your transactions, Greenzap has a company that just happens to have a name very similar to ours - as I am someone who has been a victim of fraud I can also honestly say that I am very sorry for what seems to be happening to you."

Once again, I have strongly requested that my account be cancelled. *sigh* It appears that I will need to close my bank account and open a new one in order to put a stop to GreenZap's scam.

fnkwilson
New User

Sent: 06-07-2007 16:22

PaypalSucks, After deciding Greenzap was a scam, I resigned over two years ago. The following winter, they put through six more charges before I caught it. My bank required that I try to resolve it with the company before disputing the charges, so I did. I was promised a refund in March, which I have not received. Now, to top that off, they have put through two more charges in three days! This time I contacted the authorities. My original method of payment was my debit card, a Visa, but the six following that were just charged to my bank account! They printed their own checks! Now, at least, I have the satisfaction of knowing they will rot in jail, because they went over the limit in this state, and have committed a felony. Whatever you do, do not get mixed up with these people.

john_doe
New User

Sent: 04-18-2007 11:33

Hey all. This is my first post here. Firstly, I want to thank the admin and all other helpful individuals who have spent a great deal of time researching the veracity of such companies as GZ. I think alot of people are deceived by the fact that paypal is associated with ebay, and thus, must be a very good company (not to mention safe and secure). It is actually quite ironic how I even stumbled upon this site. My housemate won a bid on an ebay auction and quickly received an email from the seller stating (very clearly) how his paypal account had been frozen for "suspicious activity". In his email he actually referred to this site in order to explain his situation. (Unfortunately, I urge people to be cautious with such e-mails, because any scammer that does 2 minutes of research will not be blind to this weakness in paypal, and can easily say "My paypal account was closed for suspicious activity, see www.paypalsucks.com in order to see how and why this occurs, please use western union to pay me" blabla, and *presto, your money is gone. Its fairly clever and i have not personally heard of this being used yet, but I wouldn't put it past anyone.) Anyway, I was fairly suspicious of this seller's claims, having just recently dealt with an ebay scammer who was trying to steal my money. But, i took his suggestion, and visited this site. Irony: I came to this site out of curiosity, partly because I did not trust this seller simply BECAUSE he didn't use paypal. Imagine my surprise when I discovered how untrustworthy and 'sketchy' paypal is.

Anyhow, back to general comments. Great work by the admin, keep it up. Thing being said, this site should not be used as anyone's bible (not suggesting that the admin ever implied this). The lesson here is skepticism, use it.

As for GZ, I've discovered a few interesting things that i thought id share. They may already have been raised but when i realized how long this thread is, i decided to simply post.

First, someone suggested earlier that there were some auctions going on for GZ on ebay (not sure WHAT was being sold, perhaps this person can clarify). However, WHEN i myself tried to check this on ebay, i noticed that when i tried searching for GreenZap, ebay immediately changed my search to Greenday. Odd...

Second, i'm sure someone has noticed this, but greenzapscam.com was shut down. http://www.greenzapscam.com/ Information now posted on the site reads:

"PRESS RELEASE

San Diego, CA-March 15, 2007— GreenZap®, Inc., (Pink Sheets: GZPN) an online payment provider, announced today that it has identified the owner and developer of GreenZapScam.com and in doing so, forced the termination of the scam website. Not only was GreenZap victorious in bringing down the culprit who maliciously and wrongfully attacked GreenZap and its affiliates for nearly two years, the company was also successful in acquiring the GreenZapScam domain."

I won't go on, the rest is available to read on the site. This seems awfully reminiscent of the kind of letter this site's admin received from Paypal's legal counsel. hmm.

Related to this, i found: "GreenZap Files $57.5 Million Lawsuit Against Bloggers and Website Hosting Company" @ http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070212/20070212006456.html?.v=1.

The article begins:

"SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GreenZap®, Inc. (Pink Sheets: GZPN - News; the "Company"), an online payment provider, has filed a lawsuit against website-hosting-company Liquid Web, Inc. and Vodien, Inc. for a total of $57.5 million. The suit is the first of many GreenZap is preparing against individual bloggers and hosting companies that maintain websites where defamatory comments are being posted concerning GreenZap and its executives."

-dave

frednatural
New User

Sent: 03-23-2007 18:17

Quote:
PaypalSucks,
Greenzap is a scam! I signed up almost a year ago as a possible PayPal alternative. All of a sudden, out of the blue, I see a debit from my bank acct. for GreenZaps verification process. I did not authorize ANY transaction (especially not 19.50 to verify my bank account). I have never even used the ervice and don't plan to, I actually forgot I was even signed up. I contacted them and finally after 2 weeks they sent an email saying they deposited my refund into my Greenzap Account. So I go to transfer this cash Back to my bank and they want me to Verify my Bank account to be able to do this! They actually expect me to pay 19.50 to verify my bank account so I can transfer the 19.50 they STOLE in the first place. If that's not a scam, I don't know what is.
Anyway, just my 2 cents worth

Yes, GreenZap is a scam for sure, and the operators of it have a long history w/ the BBB.

I’m here to say I’m just a dumb sucker that did not do his due diligence until it was too late, and I got scammed by GreenZap! And what I would like to know … can any one tell me, what can I do to cause law enforcement to investigate Damon Westmoreland and GreenZap?

Does not their scam break the law with the FDIC Pass-Through Insurance text on the site and other trickery leading one to believe it’s a safe money transfer service?

Can any one tell me where DW and / or any of his associates live … home address (es)? Any one have home phone number(s)?

If any one can tell me how to keep others from getting ripped off by getting this guy Damon Westmoreland investigated, arrested and prosecuted, please email me at FredNatural@sbcglobal.net

Rhinovette
New User

Sent: 10-09-2006 11:30

PaypalSucks,
Greenzap is a scam! I signed up almost a year ago as a possible PayPal alternative. All of a sudden, out of the blue, I see a debit from my bank acct. for GreenZaps verification process. I did not authorize ANY transaction (especially not 19.50 to verify my bank account). I have never even used the ervice and don't plan to, I actually forgot I was even signed up. I contacted them and finally after 2 weeks they sent an email saying they deposited my refund into my Greenzap Account. So I go to transfer this cash Back to my bank and they want me to Verify my Bank account to be able to do this! They actually expect me to pay 19.50 to verify my bank account so I can transfer the 19.50 they STOLE in the first place. If that's not a scam, I don't know what is.
Anyway, just my 2 cents worth

Mandilon
New User

Sent: 09-28-2006 17:54

GiaCarangi, PaypalSucks,

Yea, RIGHT: GiaCarangi
Active User

RE: "Go to the site and read the press releases. Than contact the various magazines, I'm sure they have researched and would not place anybody off the street on their site with a press release.

>>>CAREFULL though, there are HIDDEN land mines. I went browsing in there just to see 'what the heck' is going on. I 'somehow' stepped on a land mine and GOT ZAPPED for a $19.50 charge for account verification fees.

Dam THIEVES I'm going to take them to small claims court. They've STOLEN $120 from me 'up 'til now.

BEWARE of these FREAKING THIEVES.

I'd like to see justice with all these online thieves.

krismiss
New User

Sent: 09-28-2006 11:40

How do we get our money back..I got scamed out of not ONLY $100.00 but they took 19.50 from my checking and savings accounts!!!

Anyone that has any infomation for me email me direct at frontdesk@triad.rr.com

Mandilon
New User

Sent: 09-01-2006 21:37

mczapzap,

Yea right!

But 'where's' my $150 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....well, maybe it'll make me a better shopper (next time another THIEF comes around?).

At least this'll keep them from STEELING from more IDIOTS (like ME, I didn't google/yahoo them BEFORE I fell for their trap!

God Bless all!

Watch out for the 'online' thieves (yes including paypal and ebay!).

Mandilon
New User

Sent: 09-01-2006 21:25

GiaCarangi,

Can you please explain (they sure haven't, and probably won't) to me how they 'landmine a link' (I still don't know why I was charged $19.50) for 'navigating on their site.'

I registered "Yikes I Got Zapped DOT com" just in case I have to 'get back' at them.

It proves to me 'how wrong' it is 'to hate' anyone/anything to the extent I hate paypal, (I already knew this but was cought at my weakest time).

The only reason I 'invested $100' with these THIEVES is because of my HATE towards paypal (now paypal is ALSO responsible for my loss, if that's what it'll become).

You 'should see' the email ebay sent me for registering: 2nopaypal.com AND better-then-paypal.com

PLEASE enlighten me!

Anyone interested in picketing (the strongest weapon) greenzap at their H.Q.s?

scamwatcher
New User

Sent: 08-28-2006 09:44

Oh my! I logged into my GreenZap account last night and they wanted me to verify my ID. I entered all of my information correctly, then was told they couldn't verify my ID and disabled my account! To get my account back all I need to do is send them a copy of my Driver License, a current utility bill, how long I've lived at my current address and my address before that if I haven't lived at my current address in the last 3 years, and my Social Security Number! That is ALL they need to start IDENTITY THEFT against you! They can definitely have my account because this is DEFINITELY a scam!!! BELOW IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM THEM:

We are sorry GreenZap was not able to verify your identity based on the information you provided.

We value the trust you have placed in us by using our service to conduct your transactions online. Because your relationship with us is financial in nature, the protection of your account is very important.

Please take a few minutes to fill out the form below and attach the appropriate documentation. This is a one-time request and once we receive the below information you will have successfully verified your identity.

We thank you for your time and continued support.

Sincerely,
GZ Customer Care
________________________________________________________________________________

Verify Identity Form

GreenZap Member Name:

Email Address:

Mailing Address 1:

Mailing Address 2:

City, State, Zip / Postal Code:

Phone number:

Please provide the following information:

1. Copy of Driver's license or valid photo ID.

2. Copy of most recent bank statement (must include bank name, your name, and account number).

3. Copy of one recent utility bill (either phone, gas, or electric).

Please fax this form and the appropriate documents to:

Attn: Operations Department

Or mail to:

GreenZap, Inc.
4445 Eastgate Mall, Suite 200
La Jolla , CA 92121
Attn: Operations Department

1 - 15  16 - 30   31 - 45   46 - 60   61 - 75  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 4 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437